Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harold

41 Million now classified as Pre-Diabetes

Harold

The American Government has now doubled it's estimate for those with Pre-Diabetes to 41 million. This has been a result of the ADA changing the criteria for NORMAL on the Impaired Fasting Blood Glucose Test. The criteria has been revamped from less than 110 milligrams per deciliter to 100 mg/dL.

FULL STORY

mg_2204

... I'm not surprised. Ever stopped to read all the labels on food?!?? Everything is just full of sugar and fat... preservatives, etc. We're over stressed, work like mad people, don't exercice enough, and eat fast food or at the restaurant often. School cafeterias offer greasy foods and a fruit salad costs a lot more than a slice of pizza. No wonder! And if you take into account genetics and such... eekkkk!

I don't know how much is done on prevention. I know they don't do much education in school on the subject.

Marie

:)

packman344

Harold, thanks for the link to the article. Although frightening, it means that more people will get help earlier, right?

HeatherP

With the way our health-care system is and the high cost of meds and supplies? I somehow doubt it.

HeatherP

Harold

Yes More is the definitive word here. Many doctors still don't treat till it's full blown or if they do warn patients they are so vague it's like no warning at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.