Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

belyro

A Fun Idea for the Ladies

belyro

I have to start with a disclaimer that this may not be everyone's cup-of-tea, but it's something that I've found to be really fun!

I highly recommend Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease DVDs. She's got 5 of them and they're all great. The first one is a couple of easy routines. The second one is a toning workout that kicks my butt everytime I do it. (It has nothing to do with striptease...it's just supposed to give you a nice toned body.) The third one is two more advanced routines (including use of costumes if you feel so inclined). The fourth one is lapdance. The fifth one (which comes with the fourth one) is hip-hop (again, nothing to do with striptease).

They're so much fun you don't even feel like you're working out! Some of them give you a harder workout than the others (the hip-hop is deceptively exhausting), but they're a welcome change from all the other aerobics DVDs with bad moves, bad hair, and bad music.

Granted, some of them are a tad risqué (no, neither she nor you gets undressed.....sorry to disappoint any men who are visiting this thread uninvited), but some of them aren't. If you're uncomfortable with that aspect, I'd still recommend discs 2 and 5....the toning and the hip-hop.

Anyway, I'm always looking for new fun ways to get a workout, so I thought I'd share this idea with any other ladies who might also be looking for something creative.

ClaireZk

I have always been soooo curious about these videos! I own a ridiculous variety of workout dvds. I LOATHE the gym, so I'm always looking for something different! And big hair and shiny spandex-free!

The only problem is.... until I get a real job and/or go to grad school I am stuck living with my parents again. I woud looooove to see my dad's reaction to Carmen's striptease if I accidentally left it in the player (which I KNOW i would). :eek:

In the meantime, my favorite PG-rated workouts are Windsor Pilates and this really cheesy bellydancing one my sister got me. :D

belyro

Um....I suppose this could be for the guys too.....I mean, I don't want to exclude anyone.....er....uh.....ok....let's just leave it at that.

jen_slc

Thanks, Bethany, I will have a look at them. I've been trying to find some new workout dvds, but it seems like such a crapshoot. I'm getting bored with my gym instructors, I feel like a hamster on the fitness machines, and it's still too cold to go running outside, so I need a really good dvd workout to do at home. I have yet to find something that really gets me working hard, and I thought the Crunch dvds would do that but so far they are... eh... alright. I will definitely look into these ones, the striptease and lap dance sound fun! Do you have all 5 discs?

belyro
I will definitely look into these ones, the striptease and lap dance sound fun! Do you have all 5 discs?

They really are fun. :) Yeah, I do have all 5. The striptease and lapdance ones are definitely the most fun, but they aren't as hard of a workout as the toning or the hip-hop.

cheryl

Oh they sound interesting, Do you notice a difference in toning up and basically results. I need some fun one's I love Taebo, but sometimes I need a change, I got some Denise Austine one's but I am sorry Denise Austin is just too happy for me....lol

Cheryl

belyro
Oh they sound interesting, Do you notice a difference in toning up and basically results. I need some fun one's I love Taebo, but sometimes I need a change, I got some Denise Austine one's but I am sorry Denise Austin is just too happy for me....lol

Cheryl

I haven't really done them enough yet to notice a lot of results. They do help bloodsugar-wise, though.

The only thing is....I can't imagine doing strip-aerobics with 4 boys running around the house like you have! :)

cheryl
I haven't really done them enough yet to notice a lot of results. They do help bloodsugar-wise, though.

The only thing is....I can't imagine doing strip-aerobics with 4 boys running around the house like you have! :)

I can do it when the two older boys are in school and the other two are napping:D sounds great....I am gonna go check out the hard one's i like when I feel like I have burned something......

Cheryl

jen_slc

omg, bethany, these are fun/funny. I ordered the set on a whim, kinda mostly for the striptease/lapdance part since my bf and my 1-yr anniversary is coming up. So far, a pretty decent workout just for the lapdance, lol! I gotta get practicing on it though, there's a lot of moves and all the head spinning has got me dizzy and out of breath. It's great fun tho, thanks so much for the suggestion! :top:

belyro
omg, bethany, these are fun/funny. I ordered the set on a whim, kinda mostly for the striptease/lapdance part since my bf and my 1-yr anniversary is coming up. So far, a pretty decent workout just for the lapdance, lol! I gotta get practicing on it though, there's a lot of moves and all the head spinning has got me dizzy and out of breath. It's great fun tho, thanks so much for the suggestion! :top:

Glad you're liking them Jen! I know what you mean about the head spinning. :)

tanyatype1

OMG - That is soooo funny. Ya know, I like to be sexy like any girl does, but the only workout that I'd get from the Striptease DVD's is from laughing my ass off! LOL! I just can't do stuff like that without laughing! I can't even read a mushy card from my husband without laughing. Come to think of it,....maybe I have a problem.......:)

belyro
OMG - That is soooo funny. Ya know, I like to be sexy like any girl does, but the only workout that I'd get from the Striptease DVD's is from laughing my ass off! LOL! I just can't do stuff like that without laughing! I can't even read a mushy card from my husband without laughing. Come to think of it,....maybe I have a problem.......:)

Laughing's allowed. Even Carmen and her backup girls laugh a lot. :)

lgvincent

I, for one, loathe rap music. I'd rather put my head in a vise than listen to that garbage.

belyro
I, for one, loathe rap music. I'd rather put my head in a vise than listen to that garbage.

Well you're in luck Lowell! It's not rap music! In fact there are three settings for the music and you can pick the one you like! :)

Except I think the Hip-Hop dance one only has the one option - that being Hip-Hop. I've never tried to change that one. But that's better than rap IMHO.

SugarLESSlie
They really are fun. :) Yeah, I do have all 5. The striptease and lapdance ones are definitely the most fun, but they aren't as hard of a workout as the toning or the hip-hop.

Question?? So, I work out daily at the gym in my development...but I would love to try these tapes out. How much space do you need - I know that sounds silly, but I don't have a large place to work out in my house... could I do them in a smaller space???

belyro
Question?? So, I work out daily at the gym in my development...but I would love to try these tapes out. How much space do you need - I know that sounds silly, but I don't have a large place to work out in my house... could I do them in a smaller space???

You really don't need much space at all. Most of it is just in one spot. There are some that involve taking about 4 steps forward or backward, but you can take small steps. I don't have a ton of room where I do them but it works. Try it out! :)

lgvincent
Well you're in luck Lowell! It's not rap music! In fact there are three settings for the music and you can pick the one you like! :)

Except I think the Hip-Hop dance one only has the one option - that being Hip-Hop. I've never tried to change that one. But that's better than rap IMHO.

What they call hip-hop was called rap 10 years ago. Still the same awful stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.