Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camjen1

Prescription Assistant Programs

camjen1

I figured it would be helpful to compile all the programs into one thread so that anyone looking for assistance whether an old member or new will have easy access to it. Also maybe Tony or a Mod can sticky it. Pretty please with cherries on top. :)

Eli Lilly - Lilly Cares - Glucagon, Humalog, Humalog 75/25, Humulin R, Humulin N, Humulin 50/50, Humulin 70/30

https://www.lillycares.com/index.jsp

Novo Nordisk Inc. - Glucogen, Levemir, Novolog, Novolin R, Novolog Mix 70/30, Prandin Pdf Form

http://www.rxassist.org/plus/out/480740_26884934/novonordisk-frm.pdf

Amylin Patient Assistance Program - Symlin, Byetta Amylin

Sanofi-Aventis Patient Assistance Program - Apidra, Lantus

Sanofi-aventis US researches, develops and brings to market new and innovative healthcare products and treatments for cardiovascular diseases, oncology, sleep disorder, thrombosis, allergy and respiratory illness, diabetes, central nervous system, in

Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Starlix Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Patient Assistance Program

Takeda Pharmaceuticals America - Actos, Actoplus Met TPNA - Patient Assistance Program

Pfizer Inc. - Connection to Care - Glyset, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL, GLynase, Micronase https://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/ProgramList.aspx#2

Xubex Pharmaceutical - Amaryl, Diabeta, Glipizide, Metformin, Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glucotrol, Glynase Xubex - Pharamaceutical Services

GlaxoSmithKline - Avandia, Avandamet, Avandaryl GlaxoSmithKline: BridgestoAccess

kgm0612

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread, Camjen. I know there are many members who will appreciate the information.

Karen

ladytaz

Thanks Sandi! :) If I find more, I'll add them ;)

Rx Outreach Patient Assistance Program for Discount Prescription Drugs

Pay either $20 or $30 (depending upon Drug Teir) for a 90 day supply, regardless of the number of pills your doctor prescribes per day. I used them for a year, until WalMart came out with their $4 plan (cheaper for me ;)). I highly reccomend them!

NeedyMeds

Has lists of drugs by Generic and Brand name, with links to their Prescription Assistance Programs.

Printable List of WalMart $4 Prescriptions

Very helpful to print out and take with you to your doctor!

sheehanmike

Not really sure how to use this forum yet but I will learn, Does anyone know how to get free samples or coupons on novolog 70/30 pen or vial. I shot 60 units three times a day so there goes my pens, eb=ven with insurance I pay 33.00 for five pens, Any recomendations will greatly be appreciated..:) :)

did2007
Not really sure how to use this forum yet but I will learn, Does anyone know how to get free samples or coupons on novolog 70/30 pen or vial. I shot 60 units three times a day so there goes my pens, eb=ven with insurance I pay 33.00 for five pens, Any recomendations will greatly be appreciated..:) :)

I went to my doc yesterday to get a free sample until my new order of Novolog 70/30 comes in (I had to renew my app yesterday and this time I'm getting the pens--lowers the cost for me) and they had NO samples whatsoever. I called the charitable pharmacy and they didn't have any neither. I have about 3/4's of a bottle to last me until some time next week. I reduced my intake temporarily to 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening (mine's usually 65/55) and it's a little higher, but it's within normal ranges. I'm running low on money and needles too, so I got to go by Wal-Mart to get 10 BD needles for $2.50 in the next couple of days or so.

I have another prescription for my Novolog, but I can't afford $90 a bottle right now.

Most of the time, your doctor will have a few samples. Just ask. If nothing else, get a temporary rx and get the Novolin 70/30 at Wal-Mart as a generic. It'll cost you $20 instead of $90.

did2007

Question: If someone is on prescription assistance and the doctor wrote the wrong prescription, can I get a new prescription for the right prescription on a different product with the same company now or do I have to wait 3 months to get the correct product?

The reason i'm asking is because my doctor wrote a prescription for me to use NovoLog ® and I have always used the NovoLog Mix 70/30. She even had the dosage correct on the prescription and I wouldn't know what dosage to use on the Novolog ®. This isn't the first time she messed up. I had a prescription for the Actoplus Met and I have been taking 2 a day and she wrote mine for 1 a day.

I also have a feeling that my pen needles that were ordered and was supposed to be supplied with my insulin pens were misplaced. It was NOT a good day for me.

rjoyner17
I figured it would be helpful to compile all the programs into one thread so that anyone looking for assistance whether an old member or new will have easy access to it. Also maybe Tony or a Mod can sticky it. Pretty please with cherries on top. :)

Eli Lilly - Lilly Cares - Glucagon, Humalog, Humalog 75/25, Humulin R, Humulin N, Humulin 50/50, Humulin 70/30

https://www.lillycares.com/index.jsp

Novo Nordisk Inc. - Glucogen, Levemir, Novolog, Novolin R, Novolog Mix 70/30, Prandin Pdf Form

[/url]

Amylin Patient Assistance Program - Symlin, Byetta Amylin

Sanofi-Aventis Patient Assistance Program - Apidra, Lantus

Sanofi-aventis US researches, develops and brings to market new and innovative healthcare products and treatments for cardiovascular diseases, oncology, sleep disorder, thrombosis, allergy and respiratory illness, diabetes, central nervous system, in

Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Starlix Novartis Pharmaceuticals - Patient Assistance Program

Takeda Pharmaceuticals America - Actos, Actoplus Met TPNA - Patient Assistance Program

Pfizer Inc. - Connection to Care - Glyset, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL, GLynase, Micronase https://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/ProgramList.aspx#2

Xubex Pharmaceutical - Amaryl, Diabeta, Glipizide, Metformin, Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glucotrol, Glynase Xubex - Pharamaceutical Services

GlaxoSmithKline - Avandia, Avandamet, Avandaryl GlaxoSmithKline: BridgestoAccess

I use Novalog. The link I clicked was dead unfortunatley. I am on the pump actually.

palefacegirl03

Here is the address to the Novolog prescription assitance program.

Program

You can also go to NeedyMeds and find info on many different programs.

I have recieved Lantus and Novolog in the past.

AVFD-FF

Well it went bad this morning at the doctors visit... or at least bad in my mind. I have to start "shooting up" :nurse: using a NovaLog Flex Pen.

My big worry is paying for this... I was down sized last fall and my wife's employer does not offer insurance so we are paying cash for most doctors visits. My other med's are on the cheap list at Wally world so that's not a big deal. But the Flexpens and needles I have no idea how much these are but I am guessing really cheap! :afraid:

So I printed off the information for the patient assistance program. Does anyone else use this program? If so how well does it work and do they actually provide everything you need?

Also anyone know anything about Life Scan offering anything like this program for free stripes or drastically reduced? They were great about giving me a cable and software for my One Touch Ultra Smart meter.

Thanks and have a good night or good morning depending on when you see this!

:tee:

Vicki NC

I also have a feeling that my pen needles that were ordered and was supposed to be supplied with my insulin pens were misplaced. It was NOT a good day for me.

I know this is an older post, but just now reading it, as I am a newbie.

I've had scripts 'misplaced', as well, by the free clinic, and also by a doctor's office. They weren't doing anything bad with them. Just gave them out to someone other than myself...which was bad for me. I always got them replaced though.

Just a heads up to keep a close eye on your scripts if you are using prescription assistance programs. Don't be afraid to speak up and ask where things are.

Vicki NC

...Also anyone know anything about Life Scan offering anything like this program for free stripes or drastically reduced? They were great about giving me a cable and software for my One Touch Ultra Smart meter....

:tee:

I got everything for my meter (needles, strips, etc...) through Patient Assistance. You only need to fill out the form. Most programs have a fairly generous base income requirement (not as stringent as Medicaid, for instance).

itsnotprotocol

I know this being my first post on the forum, it's going to come off a little obnoxious to ask for assistance and I do apologize if this impression is given.

I registered here because the community looks active, helpful and genuinely kind.

I'm 23 and not diabetic, although it does run in my family, my father is a type 2 diabetic and 51 years old. Financially he was pretty irresponsible although he'll never admit it. He's accumulated a large sum of debt. My mother also has numerous health problems that tack on the rx and doc visit costs of thousands upon thousands a year.

My father is prescribed 'Lantus', but even with his insurance it's $400 for 15 days of prescription. This is truly obnoxious, especially considering his financial situation. He's the only working member of a 6 person household and covers my mother's medical expenses as well. He's gotten his Lantus through his doctor's samples for the past 6 months since his insurance started charging $400 for it. The doctor has no more samples and has not had any for the past month. For the past month, he's been without the medicine. Although I'm no medical expert, I believe he's faring very well medically due to his extremely restricted diet. (Strictly Salad w/ squeezed lime for dressing, fresh broth and veggies or grilled salmon).

He's afraid to eat anything else, literally. He won't touch anything else. I'm not attempting to make this a sob story and do not expect it to be taken that way but for example he wouldn't even go out to eat on Father's Day because he was worried his sugar may spike from eating something cooked at a resturaunt.

Although he's doing very well controlling his levels through his diet, I believe he needs this medication or else the doctor wouldn't have prescribed it.

His base salary, before taxes and 'insurance' (what a joke) is about 52,000. While it may seem like a wonderful salary, he's providing for a house of six including a chronically ill wife.

He's too proud to ask for assistance or help, he'd rather stand on his own two feet.. so I find myself here, asking what direction he can turn (or can I turn for him, I'll jump through the hoops, do the applications, make the phone calls.)

Thanks for any help, comments or direction that may be provided as a result of my post. I truly do appreciate it.

EDIT: I'd also like to note, that I researched on a website called 'NeedyMeds' (NeedyMeds) and it lists two programs that assist with the cost of Lantus;

1. The manufacturing company themselves; he does not qualify for their program because it requires the individual to be at or below the 250% federal poverty level. Also, you're not allowed to have any prescription insurance.

2. 'Together Rx Access'; he would be fine on the income eligibility of this program BUT it does NOT allow you to have any prescription coverage at all.

Subby
Although he's doing very well controlling his levels through his diet, I believe he needs this medication or else the doctor wouldn't have prescribed it.

Just looking at this for a second. What are his BG levels, A1c results? That will help you decide just how imperative it is that he should be taking insulin or other meds. He may well be doing just fine with diet and lifestyle. If his BG are doing good on a restricted diet he is willing to eat, there may well be no need for meds. You can't know if someone's BG levels are normal by looking at them, and you just can't know how justified your concern or position is, without getting an eye on his BG levels.

itsnotprotocol

His BG level averages over the past month are;

Before Bed: ~158

Morning: ~120

After Meals: ~164

He said they're a "little high" but not bad at all. I honestly don't know, I just know what he says.

itsnotprotocol

His Hemoglobin A1C from 6/12/09 (not on the Lantus) was 8.8, his one taken 5/12/09 (still on the Lantus) was 7.1.

Last night he went out to eat at a peruvian resturaunt and got a salad dish with shrimp, used vinagrette as dressing and his BG was 284 4 hours after meal. (He was guilted in to dinner due to missing Father's Day, bad mistake I guess.)

This morning he said it was 178 still, but this evening (as of right now, 4 hours after meal - fresh veggies and chicken broth) it's 194.

I've been keeping in touch with him as much as possible and I've been on the phone with the Connecticut DSS agencies all day, it really seems like noone cares about hardships or circumstances and the only thing that matters is the amount of money you make before the government dips their hand.

palefacegirl03

I filled out all the forms and my doctor filled out his end for

Novo Nordisk Diabetes Patient Assistance Program.

Sent it all in and I am approved, 8 bottles of Novolog are waiting for me at my doctors office!

jer.lawrence

Are these still pretty good and up to date? I refer people from Yahoo Answers to this thread at times.

cyberus
Are these still pretty good and up to date? I refer people from Yahoo Answers to this thread at times.

Well ... anything over 30 days old is suspect as far as "still active" but referring people here with the concept of "follow the link and see" firmly in mind isn't a bad thing, even of the old program is gone they might have a new one in its place

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.