Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camjen1

Prescription Assistant Programs

palefacegirl03
Well ... anything over 30 days old is suspect as far as "still active" but referring people here with the concept of "follow the link and see" firmly in mind isn't a bad thing, even of the old program is gone they might have a new one in its place

Well I know that I get my freestyle lite teststrips and my Novolog insulin from each respective company for free, I followed the links, printed out the forms , took those to my doctors, provided the info about me and sent them in.

A little bit of work for sure, but the results save me alot of money.

dbaratta

Awesome, thanks. Not sure how the job is going to pan out over the next 2 years so this is some good info.

Thanks

freediabetes

I just noticed that the website Eli Lilly and Company Patient Assistance Programs is no longer functional. If you try going to the homepage, you will be redirected to Eli Lilly's corporate website. If you want an application to get free medication or insulin, you are directed to the lillycares.com website... which no longer exists! You end-up caught in an endless loop, with nowhere to download the application. The only alternative is a customer service number, but they are only open 9-5 on the east coast.

Anyone know what happened to this program? Are they no longer giving-away free medications to diabetics? Thanks.

makiro

Lantus Solostar Up to $25 off your co-pay or total cost of your monthly prescription.

Apidra Get no co-pay on vials, I don't know if it works on the Solostar pen though, but won't hurt to try. They are doing it through April 30, 2012, it will help to cover up to a $250 value.

Novolog Novolog Savings Card for up to $50 on your co-pay. Just join up on their Conrnerstones 4 Care club.

Levemir Same as Novolog, Levemir and Novolog are both by Novo Nordisk, join the Levemir Care club and get a discount card for up to $50 off your insulin.

I hope that this really does help out people who are insulin dependent. I did not use the one for Lantus until last month. Combined with the Novolog discount card my co-pay went from $80 to just $15. I recently had my Lantus replaced with Levemir, and will be picking it up, so now my new co-pay for both my insulin is $0.00!

deafmack

One thing to consider is that if one lives close to an university with a medical school with clinics attached. They might offer charity care along with prescription assistance. I am in a similar program and one can be covered even if one has insurance or medicare. The program covers the difference for those who are uninsured or underinsured. Since I am a full-time unpaid caregiver this kind of program has been a blessing for me and I don't know what I would do without it.

DollParts

If you live in the province of Ontario, in Canada, and your diabetes supplies/meds cost more than 4% of your net income, you may qualify for subsidization of your medications through the Trillium Program. You need to be a resident of Ontario, have a valid Health Card, and provide income verification. Also, check with the location chapter of your diabetes association, as they can provide assistance for meters, and additional support for type 1's (pumps/strips/insulin).

Trillium Drug Program - Public Information - MOHLTC

Nightstar

Try to contact company that makes this insulin. They may help but you have to work with your doctor. They can sent insulin for you to your doctor.

Tiribulus

Hi folks,

I'll make this as short as I can. My levels are getting higher it appears no matter what I do. (I am a legitimate expert in nutrition, weight training and fitness who is in otherwise EXCELLENT physical condition. I train for free at a gym where the owner lets me trade for computer work) A friend from church gave me a meter and some strips that he got from the VA so I could test. Long stories, please just trust me. We've lost our house. I'm living in an attic. No job, can't a get a regular one because of garnishments that would take literally half my income. We had no debt until I lost my job 5 years ago and had to pay the bills the only way we could. Bankruptcy will not happen. Don't bother please. I also will die with a smile on my face before taking one dime of tax payers money. Please don't bother with that either. I got a prescription for Metformin (emergency room, another long story). It makes me feel weird and weak and my fasting level this morning after a 4 mile walk was 207. I've been taking it for a week and a half. No more. They gave me a shot of insulin in the hospital whch was a miracle worker. I make barely enough money with side computer repair jobs to eat and put gas in the car. If it weren't for my gracious landlady who charges me what amounts to nothing I would be sleeping in the street. I HAVE NO MONEY and won't for a while. Oh yeah, I also have neuropathy that is creeping up my ankles now. The question is. Is there any way to get injectable insulin (I have no problem with injecting myself all day if need be) for 100% free without making myself a nursing dependent zombie of this outta control government. Please DO NOT lecture me on politics, death, disability and my family and to think things over and blah blah blah. You're wasting your time. I will give my feet, my eyes and or my life before taking money extorted from my fellow citizens by force. (yes I believe in taxes. yet another long story) I practice what I preach. I don't know of a way to make that any clearer. If the answer to my question is a simple "no" then please just say that. Thank you so much for your expertise, experience and time.

JohnC

Been almost 1 month still waiting for pre-authorization  on Trujeo-Rx. I hope the new medicaid laws in Colorado aren't gonna make it harder to get diabetes Rx's. They have sent the doctor 2 fax's in regards to the authorization I would of thought I would get at least a call from the Dr office?  

kstiles

Wal-mart sells Regular, NPH and 70/30 insulins for roughly $26/vial. I think the cash price for these bottles at other pharmacies is like $130. So even though it's not free, $26/vial might be cheaper than the other stuff. These are "old school" insulins, though, and they work differently. You need to know how to use them if you're going to go that route. I wrote instructions on using these some time ago. I will find the link and post it soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.