Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HollyB

Kira the Wonder Dog

HollyB

Aaron's been sleeping late this week -- March Break. Yesterday late morning our dog, Kira, stood outside his door woofing and whining. I was away, and my husband thought at first she just wanted to get in and lie on his bed. But she NEVER bugs him when he's sleeping, so he thought twice. Went in, woke Aaron up, checked... sure enough, he was low. Not way low (3.7), but he had a headache, so I think he'd been low for a while.

wow.

kel4han

That is so comforting! Our daughter was diagnosed in December, and our Golden Retriever died just before this. She used to sleep on her bed. So, hearing all the "alert dog" information around, we just bought on Saturday a new Golden Retriever puppy hoping she can be taught to always be in tune with us both, sleeping on her bed at night to watch over her!

babs2000

Dogs are remarkable animals. They know so much even without being taught. Good for you dog. Also good luck with your new puppy. Beth:)

HollyB

Our last dog died (of pancreatic failure, would you believe!?!) about 2 weeks after Aaron's diagnosis.

My husband thought I was crazy to want to get a dog from the shelter soon after. But I just felt Aaron and I both needed something warm and furry to hug. Besides John, I mean!

grace girl

I find it amazing how untrained dogs can sense and alert to things. My chihuahua has woken me up several times when I was hypo, yet if I go low during the daytime she seems oblivious to it. We have two other dogs who have never noticed a thing, to my knowlege.

right2fight

Hi Holly, This is wonderful! Give that doggie some more hugs and kisses. Proves when we're not watching, God is.

Amen,

Margaret

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.