Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JediSkipdogg

Kings Island (Mason, Ohio)

JediSkipdogg

I am trying to see who would be interested in a weekend of fun just north of Cincinnati. This will mainly be for those in the tri-state area (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky) but anyone from anywhere can come. I'm thinking something small and simple on a Saturday at Kings Island. If people want to get together Friday night as well, we can guage interest on that at this time.

Current ticket prices are $34.95 for adults and $29.95 for juniors if bought online. This includes admission to the both their theme park and their waterpark. So basically two for the price of one. There are numerous hotels in the area and I can give some advice on where to stay and get the best rates.

I have no idea as for when yet, but I take it sometime in the summer. Jeggeman came up with this idea, so I'd like it to be convenient for him and his family to come. I think if there is some interest, then we can see where to go from there.

So, anyone want to have some fun?

moorejames

I've been thinking about taking the kids down there this year. The wife's not a huge fan of amusement parks, but I know they'd have a blast.

I'm in Columbus.

Penny

If my health improves, I would bring my granddaughter down for the day...as I am just an hour away, I would not need a hotel.

Gizmo
I am trying to see who would be interested in a weekend of fun just north of Cincinnati. This will mainly be for those in the tri-state area (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky) but anyone from anywhere can come. I'm thinking something small and simple on a Saturday at Kings Island. If people want to get together Friday night as well, we can guage interest on that at this time.

Current ticket prices are $34.95 for adults and $29.95 for juniors if bought online. This includes admission to the both their theme park and their waterpark. So basically two for the price of one. There are numerous hotels in the area and I can give some advice on where to stay and get the best rates.

I have no idea as for when yet, but I take it sometime in the summer. Jeggeman came up with this idea, so I'd like it to be convenient for him and his family to come. I think if there is some interest, then we can see where to go from there.

So, anyone want to have some fun?

Can we stay at your house kevin ?

JediSkipdogg
Can we stay at your house kevin ?

Ummmmmmm...to stay at my house you must...

1) Fill out Form 419A...if you qualify for Form 419C then you must fill that out as well only if you leave Form 419B blank.

2) Checkin is between 4:14 and 4:15 pm and checkout is promptly by noon the next day. Overstaying results in theft of services.

3) You must submit to an FBI background check and show proof of insurance.

4) You will wake up at 5 am to go on a 5 mile run. If you do not complete the entire 5 miles, then you need to call the police or EMS yourself.

5) There is a $1000 deposit fully refundable 60-90 days after the stay. A room for one night is $10 though.

If you pass the above, sure. :T

jeggeman31

I am in. I should have Saturday and Sundays off in late June, July and middle of Aug ( I will know later this month) If not I am off Wed/Thurs. I may be able to get the day off if not on one of my days off with enough notice.

Just let me know

Connie

We were at Kings Island on Sunday last week! Kids love it. We live in Loveland, Ohio. About a 20 minute drive to the park.

duck
Ummmmmmm...to stay at my house you must...

1) Fill out Form 419A...if you qualify for Form 419C then you must fill that out as well only if you leave Form 419B blank.

2) Checkin is between 4:14 and 4:15 pm and checkout is promptly by noon the next day. Overstaying results in theft of services.

3) You must submit to an FBI background check and show proof of insurance.

4) You will wake up at 5 am to go on a 5 mile run. If you do not complete the entire 5 miles, then you need to call the police or EMS yourself.

5) There is a $1000 deposit fully refundable 60-90 days after the stay. A room for one night is $10 though.

If you pass the above, sure. :T

Whew...no body fluid sample?

Penny

I just got some $10 off admission for adults coupons from Wendy's. It isn't good for children or seniors though. But if I remember right, anyone over 7 has to pay adult prices (I took 2, 8 year olds and had to pay the same for them as I paid). When we went, we got our hands stamped and left to eat lunch where it was lots cheaper, then went back for the rest of the day. Of course with gasoline being so high, it might not make a difference. They also have a picnic area if you wanted to bring your own food. I have not been for about 3 years, but the food and drinks were really expensive.

jeggeman31

I will be going September 1st. It is City of Columbus employee day and I can get my family of 5 in for $150.00 and that includes an all you can eat fried chicken, potato salad, pop,corn on the cob and ice cream meal. Can't pass that up!

JediSkipdogg
I will be going September 1st. It is City of Columbus employee day and I can get my family of 5 in for $150.00 and that includes an all you can eat fried chicken, potato salad, pop,corn on the cob and ice cream meal. Can't pass that up!

So would that be a good or bad day to make an official gathering of people from here as well?

Penny

Since I am part of your DF family, that means I can get the same deal. Right?:D I don't mind waiting until September Kevin.

am1977

I'd love to go :love:... but it's just a little too far from CT :bawling:.

Maybe I should organize an East Coast gathering :idea:... No, I'm a horrible organizer. But it probably would be fun :)

sleepy_hound

Sure, I'd love to go! It would give me a chance to test whether or not my new pump (that insurance has currently denied, BTW) truly reacts to those huge magnets in the roller coasters!

Seriously, though, I could swing it....I'm in Indy.

jeggeman31
So would that be a good or bad day to make an official gathering of people from here as well?

That is fine with me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.