Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eri's mom

"Brewing" diabetes?

Eri's mom

Hi all:)

We were told a while ago that our youngest, Elle, was more than likely "brewing" diabetes. They told me to take random readings of both Eri's older brother and little sister each month...when they first woke up in the morning, and Elle's was in the 300's....then another was down to the 200's, and then she was in the normal range. I called Eri's endo, and they saw Elle, and did an A1C and she showed up normal...just told me to watch her for any signs as they can't really do anything now but have me watch her.

Was just wondering if anyone else is "brewing" it?

(my son, btw, can drink one of those live wires and eat a huge candy bar, take his sugar an hour later and have a reading of 88...the kid I think RUNS on pure sugar....weird).

Eri's mom

I did just check her bg and it was 144mg/dl, although she did just eat about an hour and a half ago....I'll check her again in the a.m. after not eating all night and she how it goes.

Maybe it's running a little high b/c she got quite a nasty burn today from soup that spilled on her(poor kid, a clutz like me...she's 6 btw, same age Eri was when she was dx'd).

HeatherP

I hope for her sake she doesn't have it, but her sugars seem a little high although I 'm not up on the latest "okay" values.

No matter what, we can live better w/ diabetes nowadays than even 10 years ago. Hang in there and take your meds because the better shape you/she are in will make a difference in how well the cure will be able to solve our problems.

Take care and hugs,

HeatherP

am1977

Hi Eri's Mom,

I really hope that this does not evolve to be another case of diabetes in your family, I know how awful that would be. I would continue to keep monitoring her blood sugar and keeping a record of it periodically. I think that's all you can do at this point.

If it turns out that she does become diabetic, I am truly sorry. It is a very difficult disease, but at least it can be managed. Also, if that is the case, you are already well educated on it and I know you will be able to handle it.

I'll be thinking of you all and hoping that that's she will be fine. Please keep us updated.

Take care.

MDW

I recently had a chance to chek my odest dr's BS...144...pretty high for a 23yr old.....had her in the doc's for a complete blood work up on Thurs....left her with my OneTouch Utlra....all I can do for you honey is give you the benefit of my experience and the tools of the trade...LUV YOU,,,!!!

Jenny

I guess the best thing you can do is keep doing what you are doing. Just keep checking her bg's and things like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.