Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JediSkipdogg

M&G 2008 - Date/Time Frame

What date/time frame is best for the M&G 2008 for you?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What date/time frame is best for the M&G 2008 for you?

• June 1 - June 15
    • June 16 - June 30
    • July 1 - July 15
    • July 16 - July 31
    • August 1 - August 15
    • August 16-August 31
    • Other....Please Specify

JediSkipdogg

Now, this will be a very generic poll as for one, I'm not looking at a calendar and two, I think the exact date will depend on the location and what/if any specials we can get.

Therefore I'm just simply going to post from June 1 till August 31 and split each month in half. Pick the dates that are best for you. If you can make it say June 10, then pick June 1-15 and post June 10 in a reply.

Also, if you think it should be say a winter or a new year event, select other and let us know. I'd be all for doing Disney World in December during the Christmas Parade.

princesslinda

I think the date would depend on where we are meeting....If it's somewhere hot, the earlier the better. If not, doesn't really matter to me, as I have no school aged children and can be flexible.

JediSkipdogg
I think the date would depend on where we are meeting....

I concur...but the people wanted dates, so the people are getting dates. LOL

Keezheekoni

I just checked the two school districts' calendars for my kids...one child gets out June 13th, the rest will get out June 20th. (I'm not homeschooling next year as I was too sick to do a good job of it and just barely met the minimums this year for them. :( Coming to the conclusion that the humidity is what is causing my breathing problems, I'm hoping that we move anyhow...I digress.)

So I voted for July 1 through August 15. School starts here, for one kid the week before Labor Day and the rest the day after Labor Day. Ugh. Why can't school districts within the same state cooperate on the calendar for pete's sake?!? Even spring break is different weeks for my kids, as well as the "midwinter" break...

Dewey

Though I don't have children (unless one wants to consider Carwy as my child, lol), I do think that the time between mid-June to end of July would work.

I really liked this year's "week of choice" (June 23rd through the 29th), as it seemed to work out well. :) That said, Jedi's right in that sponsors may affect actual event dates (i.e. if we have them, we may have to work around their schedules).

jeggeman31

If we can get the date set by the end of November, then I can request it for my 2008 vacation, so I am open to any date.

glashalful

A lot of folks get a paid holiday on July 4th, so that'd be helpful. Many companies actually shut down for that week or two, also. (Manufacturing plants)

Tony

I'm a little late in repling but why only poll 3 out of 12 months?

Shouldn't the poll have started with Spring, summer, fall and winter? Like you did with locations.

JediSkipdogg
I'm a little late in repling but why only poll 3 out of 12 months?

Shouldn't the poll have started with Spring, summer, fall and winter? Like you did with locations.

The reason is because of school. This year we at least picked up Rikki since we moved it to June. If it was during any of the other months then school for children may be a factor which would automatically eliminate people. That's one reason I added Other and then put in my original post about something like around Christmas.

I just don't want to automatically exclude families out and Summer is the only time that it's almost guaranteed kids are out of school.

camjen1

I think we should broaden the dates because you need to take in consideration that you might be excluding people with just these limited dates as well.

JediSkipdogg

Tony, close this and start a new one with broader dates or not? Your call on this one, just let me know.

Tony

Sure start a new poll, we may end up with the same results as you have here. I was just wondering why just those months was picked and wanted this to be fair for all.