Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shockme

"high

shockme

i had "childrens" cereal for breakfast. i found i could eat it by testing 2 hrs pp and finding my bgs weren't high.so now i eat it. and i was very hungry,so i had more than one bowl.but in the past,it didn't spike my bgs. a few minutes ago i noticed i felt very tired and "weird". so i was thinking hypo .no-i tested at 203. now that's not "OMG call 911",but it's high for me...this happened to me last weekend,too.i'm wondering-does this mean my type 2 is "progressing"? or shouldn't i be concerned unless it happenes alot? i was just dx'd in jan...started lantus in april...taking actoplus met...thanks guys! trish

pdxdennisj

"Children's cereals" are usually very high carb. Just because you got by with it once or twice doesn't mean it is a good idea or that you can continue to "get by". Diabetes progression is usually very slow - years not weeks in my experience.

slipperyelm

I don't think you can judge whether you have generally improved control or lost control by a single incident. As pdxdennisj said, even a couple of similar BG readings after the same food cannot tell you that.

Penny

Couple of nights ago, I was low in the evening. I don't know why, but I was 52, 2 hours after supper. I decided since I never get to have cereal anymore, I would have a small bowl and see if that brought me up. I had a measured serving size of plain cornflakes, added a spenda packet, and 3/4 cup of 2% milk. I tested one hour later 177! I guess I still cannot eat cereal at all.

mg_2204
does this mean my type 2 is "progressing"?

Trish, I'd stop the children's cereal first. Yes it's a progressive disease but your breakfast may be the culprit here.

I don't know if other T2s are like this but in my case... my body doesn't seem to handle carbs the same way all the time. Food higher in carbs won't make me go high until WHAM! One day I am. Other times I'll be low carbing all week and still run higher than usual. ACK!!!!

My pancreas hates me.

Keep testing and keep finding what works for you in the morning.

Take good care Trish! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.