Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoNdErFuL MoMmY

I really need help!!!

WoNdErFuL MoMmY

Can anyone please give me some advise on how to get my high's stable. Just got back from having a level 2 ultrasound for my pregnancy, the doctor who did the ultrasound said that my sugar's are way too high and need to be controlled because its a high risk of fetal death. OMG im so scared im really upset because im doing everything i can to control my sugars but when im pregnant the diabeties does what it wants.

please help me if u can.

:(

Keezheekoni

In your sig it says that you're just on fast acting insulin, and not bolusing for meals... Is that true? If it is, call your endo and get on some long acting (Lantus, Levemir) and get a good I:C ratio for meals.

Why don't you tell us what a typical day is like as well? Like times you get up, when you eat, when you check your bgs, what you eat, etc. That might help us give you some suggestions.

SteveM

That is very scary, have you seen your endocrinologist for advice? I don't feel worthy of giving advice to a preg mommy, but do you get any kind of exercise - like walking? Also, slowly increase your insulin. I know that doctor advice sucks sometimes and is really hard to follow, but you have to be safe by talking to a qualified professional.

rzrbks
SteveM

That is very scary, have you seen your endocrinologist for advice? I don't feel worthy of giving advice to a preg mommy, but do you get any kind of exercise - like walking? Also, slowly increase your insulin. I know that doctor advice sucks sometimes and is really hard to follow, but you have to be safe by talking to a qualified professional.

Exactly, you need to find a Dr. you trust and who will work with you.

Diabetes is such an individual disease, the thing that works for me might be very ****erous for a mommy-to-be

cheryl

I never knew a type one not on basal insulin unless you just had this for a couple of years, and your type 1.5 or mody, but still if you've had diabetes for a while why aren't you on basal insulin....

I would of never had good blood sugars while pregnant without it.....I wasn't ever on the pump when I was pregnant, and I did just fine with any mix....

My last pregnancy I was on Humalog and lantus and it was the best pregnancy I had I even saw a1c's in the 5's, I think if by some miracle I got pregnant again, I would resort back to mdi's for a while cause I'd be leary of the pump.....kind of like just like what I am used too.....

You really need a basal insulin and to then take your fast acting with your food.....that is the best advice I can give you, because when your pregnant your insulin requirements go up, so this is the best form of treatment for you.....and I can honestly say that without a medical degree....

Cheryl

WoNdErFuL MoMmY

i never said i do not bolus for meals. it says w/o boluses for meals meaning i cannot list boluses for meals because of different bolusing each time i eat for carb and bs ratios.

WoNdErFuL MoMmY

I had to switch endo's because my last one put me on back on insulin shots and told me not to take extra shots for my high bs's for a week to see if the medication dosage will work. after having high's for 3 days straight and calling him with no replies, i changed endos so im just waiting for my first appt. with him on the 29th of this month.

I use my stair master and do plenty of running around with my 2 1/2 yr old so im always on the go.

palefacegirl03

Correct me if I am reading this wrong, you are a pumper ? that is why there is not a basal insulin.

If you are having higher than "normal" sugars, maybe your ratio's need to be changed due to your pregnancy.

I was on N and R with my last pregancy and have never used a pump, so really dont have an answer for you, but the amounts of insulin is used during pregnancy increased and then went pretty much back to normal amounts after my daughter was born.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.