Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

solox316

How did you get your Screen Name?

solox316

People ask all the time how I came up with SoloX316. It always turns into an interesting discussion about how people choose their screen names, email names, etc...

I came up with this name 12 years ago, back in High School. The 316 came from Stone Cold Steve Austin, the WWE wrestler. I was into that greatly back then, not anymore.

The SOLO part was simply becuase I was sitting at the computer alone at that given moment, the X was just added to make it sound better.

I am curious how people got their screen name... Or if you don't use one on here, what about a nickname?

mortis505

Mortis was the name of the "Horse/Companion" to Zane in One a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony. Zane took over the office held by Death. The 505 part was from my favorite style of blue jeans.

Originally I used ronin/ronin1/ronin505 for online or CB radio chats/newsgroups back in the BBS days.

duck

EVERYONE calls me duck. No point in asking for James, no one, even at work, knows me as that. Even on my security clearance forms, duck is mentioned as another alias. So people, stop asking me what my real name is, it doesn't matter, my mother even calls me duck now.

EasyType2

Mostly a fit of pique. I tried 4 or 5 usernames but all were rejected. I settled on easy????, and tried two but they were rejected. The type2 just popped into my had. Bummer of a user name.

volleyball

I picked my name, VOLLEYBALL, because it is my favorite thing to do at the nudist camp.

No, just kidding, and now you won't be able to get that horrible image out of your mind.

actually, I chose it because Like diabetes, is part of my life but not all that I am.

amccrazgrl

amc-initals

craz-crazy

grl-girl

in 9th grade someone called me a crazy girl so i just used that as my s/n and its been ever since

amccrazgrl

or

cmacrazgrl (initals backwards)

Keezheekoni

Keezheekoni is Chippewa for "burning fire".

I'm Chippewa, French-Canadian, Swedish, and Norwegian. 1/4 of each... All of my dad's side of the family, save for a few, live on the Turtle Mountain reservation in Dunseith, ND. Most of my family do not follow the traditional ways, but my grandpa and grandma did.

I don't use the name for anything except here and geocaching.com. Aurica or Rikki is my s/n for everything else, I think...

Back in the BBS days I was either Magenta or Luvbunny. :rofl:

RobiJo

I've always been the only Robin, in school, at work, everywhere. The first year I was on staff at a Diabetes camp there where 3 (all on staff) including the main lady in charge. To avoid confusion, I went by Robi (FYI pronounced Robbie), the following year I added Jo because it sounded more fun and ditzy, and I was to play a very ditzy character in a skit the first day. Oh and it was the first two letters of my maiden name, Johnson. So there ya go, RobiJo. I also use Robi1214, which is Robi with my bday added.

princesslinda

I have a big garden tub that I enjoy soaking in most evenings..when my friends would call, hubby would tell them i'm "in the tub." Eventually, they'd call and as "Is Princess in the tub?" Hubby took to calling me "Princess" and I like it! My first name is Linda...and the rest is history!

sweetcheeks

well hmmm

My first husband when we were dating would roll over and smell my cheeks (not my @$$cheeks either) and tell me they smelled like sweet baby cheeks, so he started calling me sweetcheeky, I just changed it to sweetcheeks, not realizing that people would think the dirty part of it and think I was talking about my @$$.

Been Sweetcheeks for most of my internet life.

A new nickname that I have been using for a few years on various things is Pookieboo104. My current husbands nickname from me is Pookie, we had a cat at the time named Boo. The 104 is the date we got married, october the 4th. I was ready to leave my sweetKYcheeks screen name behind (KY is the state i live in) on yahoo so then I became pookieboo104.

So I have been known to use both in various places

kgm0612

No originality in my screen name either.

When I was first dx'd and started looking online for support groups, the name "Karen" was always taken. So I went with my initials and added 0612, for June 12th, the day I was married.

Karen

TenderVittleS

I used to have a cat named Jordan (like Michael) and I used to feed her TenderVittles cat food. I always come up with some random names out of nowhere though, I'm a lil weird like that!

Injecto
Hi, I'm Dan....

:hmmmm: Still trying to understand......

:D

As for Injecto....well, it's diabetically obvious I would think. Plus, it sounds so friggin' darn dangerous and cool.

Gangrel dude wants me to change it to Pumpo since I'm now on a pump, but like sweetcheeks, I figured people will just think with the dirty side of their mind and figure I do a lot of pumping :knuddel: ...not that I don't...or do...or...forget it...

Kubilee

Mine is a cute story I guess. When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I was unemployed and to make some extra cash, I took on a few kids to babysit. We had this little girl come and stay with us for a couple of weeks and her name was Kimberly. Rally, who was BARELY able to talk, took to her right away and I don't know why, she wasn't there very long.

This child, Rally, who is now almost 14, was on breathing treatments for Asthma every 4 hours until he was probably 2, and she'd sit with him and make faces to keep him occupied with this treatment. One day, she wasn't there, like I said, she was only there a couple of weeks maybe at the most. He started running all over the house screaming "where is my Kubilee" and we couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking about. He even developed "imaginary friends" and that was their names, turns out we FINALLY got what he was saying,...... he wanted his Kimberly back, but couldn't say her name, he called her Kubilee.

He kept this imaginary friend until he was about 5, he took them everywhere he went, when we moved, they were there. He stopped me dead in my tracks one afternoon when I was doing dishes, he yelled like he was dying when I went to close the dishwasher, he said his Kubilees were trapped in there......

In road trips, if we stopped, he had to make sure all of his Kubilees went to pee, made sure they ate and got back in the car.

This was so cute to me and when I started joining online sites, "TAM" was always taken and I'd end up with tam123 or something crazy, this got old, so he was sitting with me one day.... he says "mom, you can have my Kubilee" and I put it in and it worked, got me joined up with this game site.

He never talked to his Kubilee again, he had given her to me.. and I have been using her everywhere that I cannot get the name Tam. which is my name. :D

CaptainMike

I'm an Oceanographic Research Ship Captain named.....

Barney:D

Just kidding, it's actually 'Mike';)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.