Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staceyy

2 Ingredient Cake Recipes

mzroni

Stacyy..

Since you have some wonderful recipes I thank you for the recipes :) I was wondering if you know any for carrot cake?? that is my fav..bad..i know..and cheese cake..the dry not whipped :) thanks

Veronica

wiseguy

Sorry, but after browsing through some recipes on your blog, I don't know how you could label them "suitable for diabetics". Especially for type 2 diabetics who do not take insulin.

tanyatype1

Looks yummy Stacey - thank you! I find it a little hard though when I have to "guesstimate" the carb and fat content for figuring out how much insulin to take.

Daysee

I have tried the angel food cake and the reduced sugar yellow cake mix with diet sprite and they were very good, but you have to remember portion control!!

Daysee

hajaluki
Sorry, but after browsing through some recipes on your blog, I don't know how you could label them "suitable for diabetics". Especially for type 2 diabetics who do not take insulin.

If you feel that way, don't have any. But I always thought that type2's, like type1's just have to watch their carbs.

wiseguy
If you feel that way, don't have any. But I always thought that type2's, like type1's just have to watch their carbs.

Then you thought wrong. Type 1 diabetics, and type 2's on insulin, can bolus to cover extra carbs. Most type 2's are not on insulin and don't have this option and must limit carb intake.

princesslinda

I don't do a lot of baking anymore, too much temptation for me, as portion control is an issue when i'm staring at a whole cake;) . Most of my "desserts" are s/f pudding or jello with some Kool-Whip on top or mixed in to make a mousse or s/f or low-carb ice cream. If we're out to dinner and hubby orders something, i'll take 1-2 bites...but i've found even 1-2 bites go a long way in raising my blood sugar...and even if they don't, my cravings for sweets returns with a vengence. When I absolutely must have something chocolate, i'll have 2-3 pieces of Dove dark chocolate...takes care of the craving and leaves me satisfied.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.