Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shabbie6247

which supplements do you take?

Jan B

Super B Complex

Calcium

Cranberry capsules 500mg

Multi for women over 45

CoQ10

Dr. Franks joint formula pill & spray

I drink lots of green & red tea, and eat lots of spinach and vegetables & put cinnamon on oatmeal every morning.

I've been doing all this for only a month or so -- I feel fantastic.

deb wardle

Hi Sharon

I don't take any because I am never sure if they actually do what they say they will, but i suppose if i don't try then I will never know!!

Deb

TrueWorship

I know somebody else asked, but I didn't see a response, do the supplements that are supposed to help lower blood sugars help people with type 1 or are they more suited for people with type 2 and/or pre-diabetics? I'm really trying to get my bg under tighter control and I'm willing to try supplements, but just wonder if it's going to be worth it or not.

Jenn

donkeyface

I take Natures Blood Sugar Suppliment.

I have Type II diabetes and I take no medication other then that suppliment and some cinnamon in the morning.

But I do also severly restrict my carb intake.

calvinkwoo3000
Hidden

I intro frens to taking Ling Zhi or Ganoderma lucidum.

It help diabetis patient reactive the generation or insulin.

I help a lot of fren that have diabetis problem.

Below is some example or testimonial cases that i intro :

About Ling Zhi

pm me for those who interest to know more about this Ling Zhi or Ganorderma.

wiseguy
Hidden
I intro frens to taking Ling Zhi or Ganoderma lucidum.

It help diabetis patient reactive the generation or insulin.

I help a lot of fren that have diabetis problem.

Below is some example or testimonial cases that i intro :

About Ling Zhi

pm me for those who interest to know more about this Ling Zhi or Ganorderma.

You could at least spam in intelligible English.

kclay0840

Someone earlier mentioned cinnamon. There is one brand called cinnulin that claims they remove the toxic elements that regular cinnamon contains. You can pretty much buy it in any brand, Vitacost, Vitabase, GNC, etc

Nikky

Duroferon.

1 a day for low Iron. Have taken it for years (Doctors orders) but never seen any results.

Then I started eating big white beans everyday and my Iron is now up to normal for a woman of my age. Go figure :o

Am not sure if its the beans themselves or if they just work as a booster for what else that I eat..but as long as it works..

I'm not a great believer in supplements.

Subby

Jenn - I'm type 1 and I'm going to carefully try some supplements (not sure what yet).

My thoughts: my impression is yes they will have many of the effects on a non-type 1, but the results may be different, as you don't have the same insulin response abilities. (This is all based on my common sense, correct me anyone).

So, many supplements should be as beneficial/not beneficial for type 1s, provided you keep flexible and up to date with changing insulin needs of course! I have noticed drs, health workers and naturopaths etc in general can be cagey or just not comment about type 1s and BG changing supplements. There would obviously be dangers if there is say a big change in insulin absorption and you inject too large an amount... dangerous territory perhaps. Certainly more convenient (and perhaps smart) to avoid the danger issue, hey?

I'm fed up with terrible insulin response/resistances and I'm certainly going to carefully research and trial some of these. I wouldn't tell any other type 1 to do so, if you do be careful.

Pote05

1ea: One-per-Day Spring Valley Omega 3 Fish Oil

1ea: 500mg Cinnamon

1ea: Centrum Perofmance Multi-Vitamin, Multimineral

1ea: 1000mcg Biotin

1ea: Super B Complex

1ea: Chromium Picolinate

1ea: Bayer Aspirin

Johny

I take 1 multi B every morning, 1 mg of b12 Methylcobalamin on an empty stomache for better asorbtion, Vitamin C 2,000 mg, Alpha lipioc acid, all for my nearly cured neuropathy, oh also 100mg B1 x 3 times a day when feet are burning [only minor these days] on extremely hot days, thats about it.

Beefaroni
Hidden

I am a Big Guy - always battled a weight problem and I have Type 2 diabetes. My cholosterol is actually naturally pretty good but the Doctors want it even lower because of the diabetes.

Although medication keeps the diabetes fairly under control (glipized ER 5MG), I know it spikes after a meal. Let's say I have some carbs and it is 100 - it will go to 180 for about an hour or so. From what I gather, most diabetics live with this up and down.

A nurse recommended a product to me called Bios Life. I have had every natural product recommended to me at one time or another and I knew she was selling it so I was skeptical. But I did my Google on it and investigated it and only found people raving about it and Doctors prescribing it for diabetes control and big reductions in cholosterol - as much as a statin drug. It is actually in the PDR Physicians Desk Reference.

Let me tell you - I drink this packet 10 minutes before a meal and I no longer spike - I remain around 110-120 the most.

My A1C went from 11.7 to 7.1 and cholosterol from 193 to 167.

You owe it to yourself just to find out about it. Feel free to Email me for anymore self testimonial. You can find out more about it and my own story at

bioslifeheart.com

Ginette

I've been researching studies about ALA and I was quite surprised to see how many studies out there do support the positive effect of ALA! That is one supplement I will add...

For now I take:

low dose aspirin - for control of inflammation of all sorts

Omega 3

What about fiber additives? Has anyone tried those?

smorrison00
Hidden

Zrii is a new drink supplement that has helped with diabetes. Could help!

mikre
Hidden

which supplements do you take?

OFFICAL ONLINE USA

pharmacy1dn1.jpg

pharmacy3wf0.jpg

mikre
Hidden

which supplements do you take? OFFICIAL ONLINE

pharmacy1dn1.jpg

pharmacy3wf0.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.