Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wedge

Exercise 1 and 2 and 3

Wedge

Im sorry Nancy I just saw your -E-mail me message. Im not the best when it comes to these computers though. It sounds like u r on the correct step just have to stick with it and try to get some exercise. 20 min 3 times a week to start and build yourself up from there to like 4 or 5 days a week for an hr a day. If u dont have time use 1/2 hr in morn and another 1/2 at night or how ever your schedule allows. The low carb is also good because it will keep your cravings and hunger pains down. You dont have to be a member of a gym either just a good brisk walk will do wonders and will keep the heart rate up for at least 20 min. Remember to warm up. Do like 25 to 50 jumping jacks and then a brief stretch before u start. Dont ever want to stretch a cold muscle. After your workout again do a light cool down stretch to keep from getting to sore. This pushes the latic acid out of the muscle and it is the acid that makes u sore. Also when ever doing cardio never come to a complete stop when u quit allways walk around slow for a couple of mins to start the cool down. Very bad for the heart to be pumping at a quik pace and then just stop and sit. For food stick to the fish,chicken,turkey,vegtables,salads,egg whites,whole grains but low amounts. No white flower or white pasta. Also very important to drink 8 glasses of water per day at least and take a calcium suplement like citra-cal. Very important for women to take the calcium. Heck men and women both. Also a multi-vitamen something simple like a centrum. If u r a coffee drinker thats fine but cafine destroys the calcium in your body so even more reason to take a calcium supplement. Most all diet pops have caffine unless it says it doesnt have it. If u want to have fruit eat apples the have a natural appetite supresant. Hope this help any questions let me know. Sorry again for not seeing your message to just -E-mail ya but look on the bright side mayby we helped some one else out tonight. Last but not least remeber we snack when we are board,depressed,emotional,watching T.V so do your best to stay active, Good luck and go get started girl friend u r so close to hitting your goal. (keep me posted):cool:

nancistarcher

HELLO:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

IT WAS VERY MOTIVATING AND HELPED ME OUT TO KNOW THAT I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

IT IS JUST THE STICKING TO IT THAT I HAVE BEEN HAVING A HARD TIME WITH LATELY.

I CANNOT NOT WAIT FOR NICE WALKING WEATHER!!

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND YOU CAN E MAIL ME ANYTIME WITH ANY GOOD DIET TIPS.

NANC:D

Wedge

Girlfriend I have recipes that will make your mouth water. I wish I could type it takes me so long to give answers. Mayby I will open some posts on Recipes for the diabetic people in my life hehe. Make myself laugh.Take care.:cool: :cool:

Wedge

I figured it wasnt fair for me t be asking for stats and not giving my own. Im 31 years old,6.0 foot about 200 lbs I have a pretty low body fat percentage and figure if im going to give advice I better be able to back it up so I pretty good about keeping on myself and the bodytype that I like to have. Im more into the gymnist muscular look then the all out bodybuilder. I have a red go-tee with a couple of gray ones and a shaved head because I was losing it anyway. Its cool to have a bald head right now anyway hehe. Im the white michael Jordon,haha yea right. :cool:

Gina

i have been walking on the treadmill for thirty minutes on an incline of 5.0 and speed of 3.0...i am addicted...i pop in my nsync cd and go crazy !!!!! i do it 4 times a week so far but i think i may start to walk more days when my legs stop hurting hahahaha

nancistarcher

GINA: THAT IS SO GREAT THAT YOU WALK ON YOUR TREAD MILL THAT MUCH!!

I HAVE A TREADMILL BUT, MY PROBLEM IS GOING DOWN INTO THE BASEMENT TO USE IT. I HAVE HAD IT UPSTAIRS IN FRONT OF THE T.V. AND THAT DID NOT EVEN HELP. I STILL SAT ON THE COUCH BESIDE THE TREADMILL.

ANYWAYS, WHEN AND IF I EVER GET A NEW BELT FOR THE THING I WOULD PROBABLY GET BACK ON IT. RIGHT NOW THE BELT SLIPS WHEN YOU WALK AND I HAVE HAD BACK SURGERY ONCE AND I AM VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY BACK.

IT IS STARTING TO GET NICER HERE SO I AM GOING TO BUY A WAGON FOR MY DAUGHTER AND START WALKING AROUND THE BLOCK!!! I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT ALL THE WAY AROUND AND BACK HOME AGAIN. LOL

NANC

MiniD

Nanci,

Its getting nicer here too and Ive only been on the treadmill twice in the last week. Make sure you get a long handle on that wagon so you dont hurt your back when your pulling her around the block!

Pump Hugggggssssssssss......MiniD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.