Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evermont

Spicy recipes

Evermont

OK, I'll start. This is an old recipe everybody loves!

Killer Dip recipe

A spicy cream cheese dip with lots of chopped veggies and a kick.

This stuff proves the theory that an interesting ratio of cream cheese has a desirable balancing effect with zippy flavors like onion, garlic and hot peppers.

History

Killer Dip was invented by Keith Loring as a feature component of the "NFL Sunday Dairy Coma". The dish was first made in Coral Springs, Florida in the mid 1990's.

Ingredients

* 2 16 ounce containers Kraft Philly cream cheese (Regular)

* 15 green onions, or 6 green and 1/2 regular onion *

* 3 cloves fresh garlic diced fine

* 2 cups large green olives w/ pimento sliced in 1/2's

* 2 cups large black olives sliced in 1/3's

* 2 fresh jalepenos diced small *

* 1 fresh habenero pepper chopped fine *

* 3/4 cup Old El Paso red salsa (hot)

* 1/2 cup Mrs Renfro's green salsa

* 2 Tablespoons powdered cayenne pepper

* 2 Tablespoons McCormick garlic pepper

* fresh or dry ingredients can be substituted and quantities varied to taste.

Killer Dip

In large mixing bowl with sturdy spoon, mix all of the cream cheese just to loosen it up a shade. Add the rest and stir until blended. Move to a serving bowl, smooth out and garnish with cayenne or green onion or both. Cover and refrigerate if humanly possible (no good data exists). Remove from fridge 1/2 hour and let stand (as if). Serve with Tostitos Hint of Lime white corn tortilla chips.

Variations

Killer dip is the gold standard but you can tweak the hotness to suit, just be sure to apply the appropriate tag.

* insult dip (not spicy at all)

* assault dip

* battery dip

* killer dip

* assassin dip

* holocaust dip

* armageddon dip (instant face melter)

Try Killer dip on sandwiches or in an omelet.

MJB

My favorite BBQ sauce for chicken or ribs, very easy to make.

Start with Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo wing sauce which is fairly spicy to start with.

Stir in some Stub's Wicked Chicken sauce (Inferno level), the more Stub's the hotter it gets. Mix in a little water to make the sauce easier to paint.

BBQ the chicken or ribs low and slow over charcoal, I like to spend about 3 to 4 hours cooking time. The last half hour paint the meat wait 10 minutes, turn over, paint the other side, wait 10 minutes, turn over, paint the other side, wait 10 minutes.

Let meat rest 10 minutes then enjoy.

spudrocks

That dip sounds so good I feel like crying. If we hadn't run out of printer paper, I would be printing that bad boy out and waving it around in front of my husband's face shouting "I know what we are having with dinner tonite."

xMenace

Lay a bunch of nacho chips on a cookie sheet or platter depending on the chosen cooking method. Spread a layer of Old El Paso refried beans on each chip. BTW this is the only way I enjoy OEP beans. Then add a layer of veggies to taste. I prefer chopped tomato, green pepper, another color pepper, onion, and a sliver of hot pepper, preferably habenaros. Top with a slice of cheese. I've had luck with marble cheddar, but I'd love to try some of the Mexican melting cheeses if I can ever find them up here: Queso Quesadilla, Asadero, Queso Jalapeno, or Queso Media Luna/Queso de Papa. Finish off with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper powder. Cook in oven at 350 until cheese is melted. I prefer to broil/grill mine in the oven. I'll microwave as a last resort.

I find I have to dual wave for these ;)

Evermont

So it's Colts v Saints this year. It's been a good year of NFLing for me. I managed the first ever three headed victory this 15th year of my Fantasy Football career:

2009 record 10-3-1, #1 seed in playoffs, Champion and Probowl winner.

Career Distinctions: * Most Championships (3, tied 2 teams) * Only team with 3 or more Championships and Probowl wins * Only team with #1 playoff seed, Championship, and Probowl win same year (2009) * Won Championship and Probowl same year (1, tied 3 teams) * Most medals (7 total, 3 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze) * Most Championship game appearances (6) * Most all-time regular season wins (111) * Most all-time playoff wins (10) * Most playoff appearances (8, tied with 1 team)

Now I just make my Killer Dip and watch to see who wants it more, Manning or Brees.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.