Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aimzstarr

Hi all newbie here

aimzstarr

HI guys i'm amy,23 married from australia. I have been a type 2 for two weeks.Its a very different exerience i am at the moment having trouble with my tablets. But all is well how are you al.

Handybear

Hi Amy,

Welcome

I had trouble with my pills when I first started. The metformin gave me serious stomach issues, but this has passed. Good luck.

aimzstarr

hey thanks for the response. I have been on dibetix(i know thats not how you spell it too lazy to go find the box he he he) Thats good other people are having these symptons.

ant hill

Hello Amy, I am in Melbourne and this is a great place to ask questons on diabetes and some fun too.

Are you getting the seasonal rain now? :)

aimzstarr
Hello Amy, I am in Melbourne and this is a great place to ask questons on diabetes and some fun too.

Are you getting the seasonal rain now? :)

HI Anthill,

yes we are having our seasonal rain. Believe it or not i'm originally from Geelong. GO CATS

princesslinda

Welcome Amy! Glad you found the forum. Lots of great people and good information here.

Hope you have a monitor and are testing...A LOT! Testing 2 hrs after your first bite of food will allow you to see how different foods affect blood sugar and help you make smarter food choices.

Are you getting regular exercise? That's esp. important as well.

Hang in there....it all gets less overwhelming as time goes by.

Trinifar

aimzstarr, hi and welcome. I had quite a time adjusting to my meds too, but like others have reported, it got better over time.

patricia52

This is my 3rd week on Metformin. Had serious stomach issues at first. Also had a very bad kidney infection. I am still learning but I am using all the info I get from this forum to make the transition easier. You will learn too. Welcome aboard.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.