Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenny

Pregnancy and Pre-D

Jenny

Was wondering if anyone had any info on pregnancy with Pre-d or the big D. LOL. I suppose I could get off my hiney and look it up myself. or talk to the doc!

am1977

Wish I could help you out, haven't been through it yet and I don't know that much about being diabetic and pregnant. I hope someone more knowledgeable on the subject can help you out.

Good luck and best wishes! :)

soremom

I developed gestational diabetes with my first son and was diagnosed with T1 8 months after he was born. He is now 13. I also have a 3 yr old. What specific questions do you have, since I went through both pregnancy with some time of diabetes, but went through them differently.

If you could give me any specific questions it would be easier to answer since it would be too lenghty to answer just generally.

Kim

Jenny

Thanks Kim, :)

I was just wondering what they do differently for the pregnancy than a "normal" one. Do you go in more often for check ups, etc. Since you had gestational diabetes, did you have to use insulin? If I ever decide to have more children, I have to stop taking Actos and then possibly take insulin if the bg gets that high.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.