Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keri

Questions: on Meter Cases

keri

I found these really cute meter cases and wanted to see if anyone had tried them. I thought that my daughter would actually remember to take her meter with her if i got one of these, here's the link Pumpwear

if anyone has gotten one of these i would love to know how you like it. I called the company and apparently there is a limited supply since they are new product so i want to make sure i get one if i can find out if anyone thinks a teen would use it.

thanks keri

Penny

I got two small makeup (cosmetic) cases on clearance. One is hot pink flowers on white, the other lime green. They are a little bigger than my hand, and my meter, strips, clicker, exta lancets, needles, glucose tabs, and a Novopen fit into it. It fits good in my purse. I showed my granddaughter (12, but she thinks she is a teen)the meter purses online and asked her which she would rather carry, if she had too. She chose my clearance bag...I think it was less than $1, but I see many different styles for $5 or less. We tried it in her backpack and it fits nicely in her front zipper pcket. It also fit into the pocket of her hoodie.

notme

The price for those little bags is absurd, I wouldn't pay it. There are so many cute bags and purses these days for girls that I don't see the reason to spend almost $40.00 for these particular bags. I bought an adorable purse at the mall yesterday for my granddaughter for a little digital camera I bought her for Christmas. I think I spent $20.00 on it and it had pockets for batteries and sd card. It was tiny enough for a meter, strips and lancet devices.

RobiJo
I found these really cute meter cases and wanted to see if anyone had tried them. I thought that my daughter would actually remember to take her meter with her if i got one of these, here's the link Pumpwear

if anyone has gotten one of these i would love to know how you like it. I called the company and apparently there is a limited supply since they are new product so i want to make sure i get one if i can find out if anyone thinks a teen would use it.

thanks keri

You could make one for much cheaper... why doesn't your daughter want to take her meter with her? Depending on her reason, no meter case will change her mind.

Kubilee

I know you are going to laugh, but I went to the MP3 Player section of Wal Mart and picked up a really cute MP3 Player case that holds everything nicely. It has a pouch for the headphones which I use for my Lancets, a pocket for the something else I use for my alcohol pads, and so on..... but it works perfectly and doesn't appear so intimidating in my head.. lol

Mine cost me like $5.87. lol

Alice

Any cosmetic bag (check TJMaxx & Marshall's) works great. I have a nice black cosmetic case purchased at Nordstrom about 10 years ago that looks brand new. It is two sided. One side holds insulin pen and needles...other side holds OneTouch Mini, strips and lancets.

It's a great idea (your website items) but too pricey and too cutsey for me.

keri

thanks so much for your replys, the thing i liked about these bags was the wristlet handle, my daughter loves things hanging from her wrist. I haven't seen anything out there with this type of handle. My daughter is constantly forgetting to take her test kit with her, you would think she would just put it in a purse and remember it but oh no, where ever she goes she either forgets it or leaves it some place. I thought the pretty pink one with the wrist handle would be attractive enought and cool enough that she would want to take it with her. I've spent a lot on other bags for her that she doesnt use but feel if it's something she really will use it would be worth it. I have looked in other stores this weekend for the wristlet type handle but couldn't find anything. thanks for all the input.

keri

palefacegirl03

keri,

I have seen tons of the ones with the little wristlet, at Claires and stuff at the mall, wonder where they are all at now?

I think those bags on Pumpwear are cute, but expensive. But if your daughter will carry her meter , then it will be worth it to you. Hope you can find something that works.

P.S. depending on what you want to spend, Coach has cute little wrislets, but they are expensive. Check out Coach Official Site - Women's Wristlets

Penny

Keri if she carries a regular purse, or backpack, what about getting one of the "free" meters that she just keeps in her purse (or backpack) all the time. It works for me, I have one that stays in my purse and one that I just use at home.

Penny
Everything I need to last a week fits great in my right pocket. Cell goes in the left :) .

Are you in for a surprise when you have kids! :D

Erin

When I was a teen I didn't want anything that was made specially for diabetes. I dumped my "kit" (huge black thingamagig my mom bought when i was dx that held EVERYTHING) and got a bunch of different makeup cases and glasses cases that held my supplies. I had a really great hard glasses case that fit my insulin vials and syringes excellently with some extra security b/c it was hard. I moved these from purse to purse as I rotated my collection. I used to carry around everything but the kitchen sink in there...

I was thinking of a little coach bag when you posted this. They are 'spensive, but a teen would rather DIE than forget her coach. My sister got one for her cell phone, and she is hardly ever seen without it (even when the phone is glued to her ear). (she is 17)

a knock-off might be effective, depending on what circles your daughter travels in.

Kubilee
Are you in for a surprise when you have kids! :D

Nahh, he is a guy. guys never have to carry more than a pocket full of stuff anywhere. In my case, I have to carry MY stuff, kids stuff and his stuff... lol

Just going out to dinner felt like we were moving cross country half the stinking time. lmao

Alice

Erin...you are correct about teens and their Coach bags. (I worked hard for my first one in my 20's...now I wouldn't be caught dead with one...they've become a teen thing.

Along those lines, there are some cute cell phone cases that are just about the right size for a Ultra Mini.

I do wish the test strip barrel would be designed flat (ok, then it wouldn't be a barrel, now would it?) Sometimes I use a small, snack-size ziplock bag to reduce bulk but keep the strips air tight.

Funnygrl

I'm confused- is your daught newly diagnosed? Do you have more than one daughter? On November 4th you posted that your daughter was 119 when you tested her.

palefacegirl03
love the bracelet you have on your signature? where do you find them? keri

Keri,

Are you asking about the one in my signature ?

I found the picture somewhere on the web and added my name.

Would you like one with your name ? Just let me know and I can make one up.

palefacegirl03

Keri,

I found a cute little makeup case that I got in a give away, it is black, has a wrist strap, 2 front pockets, with pictures of models, no one famous, and a zipper on the inside of it.

It has never been used, I just get tons of these . If you would like it, I can send it in the mail, just need an address . Since it will cost you nothing, it would be a good start.

DSCN1686.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

Erin
I'm confused- is your daught newly diagnosed? Do you have more than one daughter? On November 4th you posted that your daughter was 119 when you tested her.

Actually she didn't say her daughter was 119 when she tested her only that she is happy when her daughter has a Bg of 119. Surely it's not unusual for a parent to be involved in their child's diabetes management all the way up through the teen years.

ant hill

Hey Charlote, That was a good find so I guess that Google is your friend too. :D

Jodie

I am 18 and I have to say when I was 16 I hated carrying my monitor and insulin around because at the time I went to school and I didnt want people to know I was diabetic but now i'm 18 I really dont care what people think so I take my stuff everywhere with me and I dont really care what the case looks like

keri

Actually my daughter is 10 years old and i did order the meter case from Pump Wear Inc. PUMPWEAR INC - Pumpwear Inc.: Fun, creative cases & accessories to hold & carry an insulin pump I got her the pink one with the wristlet and i have to tell you i was impressed with the quality and inside there are 5 elastics that she is using for her meter, poker strips and glucose tabs, she is very happy with this, i was going to give it to her for christmas but it came last week and she was there when i got the mail and oh well i just had to see what she thought. I have to tell you she is carrying it around and has gotten alot of complements on it and her girlfriend actually wants one! So i have to say it's worth it to see her happy , and carrying her test kit!

Yes i would love it if you could put my name in one of the signature bracelets, i love it!

Keri

thanks everyone for all your comments appreciate your help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.