Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schlep

Vitabase

wiseguy
Thank you well said.

Approved drugs that kill, worth reading.

PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT KILL: ANOTHER KIND OF DRUG PROBLEM

Have you ever listened to the drug commercials on TV and the side effects and yet some do not even tell you what they are for.

I always get a chuckle from those drug commercials. The possible side effects are always much worse than the condition the drugs are meant to treat. And isn't it amazing how some people will ardently point out the dangers of natural supplements while readily consuming synthetic concoctions that are far more likely to harm them.

Alice

Since a few of you are advocates for supplements, thought I'd ask this question...always wondered and have seen some consumer shows investigate this:

How do you know what you are really getting in those supplements? I don't mean this in a accusatory fashion, but how do you feel confident you are getting fresh, natural ingredients? And the same ingredients that they are marketing?

I guess that's the regulation I'm worried about. Just curious and open to your opinions.

Schlep
Since a few of you are advocates for supplements, thought I'd ask this question...always wondered and have seen some consumer shows investigate this:

How do you know what you are really getting in those supplements? I don't mean this in a accusatory fashion, but how do you feel confident you are getting fresh, natural ingredients? And the same ingredients that they are marketing?

I guess that's the regulation I'm worried about. Just curious and open to your opinions.

Nothing is perfect but I have noticed that all supplements list their ingredients in the order of the amount in the product.

I do not say that all supplements are good and true, but are all drugs?

I have never seen a prescription medicine list any ingredients on the bottle.

Alice

No, but they are regulated and tested with rigorous standards. Yes, some are recalled, but that's a good thing in the long-run. As you say, nothing is perfect.

AliB

Someone asked if anyone had tried Vitabase. I did not have to respond but I wanted to supply an answer to the question with an honest appraisal of the product from my own experience.

I only came across it myself because someone had mentioned Diabeticine and when I was researching that Vitabase came up as a similar but cheaper product. Well I am always for cheaper as long as it works. I would have been glad to have had more feedback than I could find, but I thought, what the heck, it's cheap enough, if it works I am on to a winner, if not, it won't bankrupt me. So I did. Now I am giving you the benefit of the fact that I was prepared to take the risk and try it.

So I am new to this forum. Everyone has to start somewhere. I would not have found it at all except that I was mooching through the internet to see if there was any other more recent mention of Vitabase and picked up this thread. There are so many sites linked to Diabetes that it is impossible to find them all or post on them all and quite frankly I don't have the time to do that. I may be new on this one, but I am 'old' on others.

Too many people are quick to give their opinion on things they have never tried. Well I am not one of them. This is my honest opinion and it is up to you whether you choose to believe it or not. At the end of the day, it's $12 a bottle. What's to lose?

I am not selling anything. I am not giving anything other than my opinion and my experience. I am not connected with the company (although the way things are going with it I might just consider buying some shares!!!). It helped me and I am delighted myself to hear from others who have tried it. I have had a few positive comments from others on my own blog on another site which is encouraging and some of my internet friends have also tried it and benefitted. The more that try it, the more feedback there is, good or bad, which is very helpful. How will we ever know if something works unless others tell us about it? My doctor told me about Byetta, and that it had some good results. How I wish I had heard of the Vitabase first. I would not have ended up being his guinea pig on that awful drug that has left me with dreadful stomach problems and has now also been found to cause Pancreatitis. And they have the cheek to condemn natural remedies.

I never claimed it to be a miracle cure, or that I could do away with the insulin or metformin I have to take, even if it might be possible. It has done what the drugs haven't and lowered my blood sugar to normal. Can't I indulge in a little smugness at having found it and some generosity of spirit in wanting to share my discovery of this useful item that might just benefit others ????

AliB

By the way I am Type 2 although veering more towards Type 1, diagnosed in '97 at the age of 40, on insulin for 5 years and have had sugar levels way too high for way too long. My Mum (killed by toxic drugs and medical negligence) was Type 1 since she was 16, my Dad (also killed through medical negligence) was Type 2 late onset as was his mother, my gran and as is his eldest sister and younger brother. Do I have much experience of Diabetes? Do I have much experience of the difference between toxic drugs and natural remedies?

Sorry, I would have mentioned this from the outset but it never occurred to me that others would be so suspicious of my motives.

notme

Hi AliB, Generally people introduce themselves on the forums, just say hello and give a short introduction. You will have to understand that the internet is a hotbed for advertisers and scammers. People are always suspicious of the motives of a new posters that claim amazing results of any product. Daily, we delete posts from scammers and advertisers or people promoting their new product. Go back to your original post and read it. It does read a bit like an advertisment. I am sorry you were offended by the replies to your post, but the members of this site see advertisers daily.

Put this aside and let me be the first to say "Welcome to Diabetes Forums". There are a lot of good people here. Please introduce yourself and get to know a few people. I think you will find it to be a great place.

AliB

Hi Notme. Yes, I am pretty good at spotting adverts on the site my blog is on. As you say, they are often fairly obvious. As I am not one of them I wasn't looking at my own post with any suspicion or for any ulterior motive!

I would have posted again more promptly to allay any fears but the posts had gone on to a new page and I was wondering why no-one had responded to my post (darn it, that gets me every time!)! I didn't twig until I logged in today and realised there was another page!

Anyway, here I am. Genuine as they come and most certainly without a shred of ulterior motive (unless it involves a chocolate eclair!). Plus, there is no way I would have even bothered to mention the Byetta if my post wasn't genuine! (Try that one if you dare - I did and that is one I definitely won't be recommending, but then there are some who have managed to overcome the side effects and cope ok with it). I did lose some weight on it but only because it made me feel so sick I didn't feel like eating.

I have always had a very sensitive tum and that has really mucked it up. I have had so many bad nights with my digestion during and since I was on it that I am frightened it has done some permanent damage. It might just be an ulcer or something but I just can't seem to settle it down.

How the heck did they know that the spit of the Gila Lizard would help Diabetics? I suspect that it was a tribal (natural) remedy that the scientists have just extracted part of to chemically manufacture so that they can make a huge profit (and have probably left out the bits that stop you getting the side-effects - which is probably true of most drugs). That probably explains why the natural alternatives to the chemically manufactured drugs are far better tolerated by most people, like the difference between natural and chemical progesterone, for instance, or even natural and chemical aspirin.

Drugs are a necessary evil, but sometimes they are just plain evil.

AliB

Harold, I am so sorry that you have had such a sad experience. Unfortunately that has understandably coloured and embittered your opinion of 'supplements' somewhat.

Sometimes we have to try and put personal feelings aside and try to keep an open mind. I have a similar strength of feeling about drugs and the harm that they do because of my past experiences, but I was prepared to give the Byetta a go and at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing is perfect. There is no cure. There are things we can do to try to help ourselves. However, it is all a complete lottery. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong. Sometimes, unfortunately, even those 'experts' we entrust with our well-being also get it wrong.

My Dad and Mum also spent a considerable amount of money on 'supplements' in a attempt to help themselves and plug the holes not filled by the medical profession. Some things worked, some didn't, but it was the drugs and medical negligence that actually resulted in their deaths.

I take vitamins and minerals to try to keep my immune system supported, and to strengthen my blood vessels, but I will not go overboard. To eat well and sensibly and keep relatively fit is far more important. But I am very pleased to have found a product that plugs my holes not filled by the medical profession and which supports my medication and gives me some good results not acheived by the medication alone.

Nowhere in my original post, or since, did I claim to have come off insulin or stopped my medication. I am merely using the Vitabase as extra support. From your perspective supplements may seem to be 'snake oil', from mine it is drugs. Somehow we just have to try and acheive a balance.

We are privileged to have freedom of choice. Whether we make the right choices is totally up to us. However, it is hard to make those choices when we are bombarded from all directions with such an overwhelming array of options.

We live in an evil world where the gullible can be chewed up and spat out without any twinge of conscience. It naturally makes us suspicious and cynical. But that is where personal experience counts. We are so fortunate now to have the benefit of the internet to be able to research products before we proceed. If we do it carefully it can prove to be a protection for us.

I will never discount anything out of hand, or be blatantly sceptical without good reason, but will always research as much as I can before making any decisions. How foolish it would be to completely and sceptically dismiss an opportunity to improve my health and well-being. I do not consider being able to bring my blood sugar down to normal from 300+ to be an inconsequential thing. Trying the Vitabase could well have been worthless, but in my experience it has more than proved itself well worth the risk.

wiseguy

Basically, you buy from a trusted and established company. There are several around that have been in the supplement business for many years. Personally, I confer with an organic chemist who steers me in the right direction when I'm checking out something new.

Again, "federally approved" means very little to me. Your safety comes second in line to the interest of large corporations. I feel much safer taking an herb that has been used by millions of people for hundreds or thousands of years than I do taking a synthetic substance that has been tested for a few years on a few people and labeled safe by some government agency.

AliB

By the way, the other reason I didn't respond immediately to the comments suggesting my first post was advertising was that I was fast asleep and totally oblivious. Here, it is at least 6 hours ahead of you at half past midnight and that is where I am going right now, so you won't get a peep out of me for, well, hours. Did I hear someone say 'hooray'...........

LynnRut

I don't know if you know, but Vitabase is offering a free 60 day supply of that product. I have already signed up and will keep people informed.

kclay0840

I noticed that too. The only requirement for getting the 60 day supply from Vitabase is that they want you to keep track of your results and let them know. They don't collect payment information.

wiseguy
I don't know if you know, but Vitabase is offering a free 60 day supply of that product. I have already signed up and will keep people informed.

Yes, this offer is genuine. I submitted the simple form and within a week I had a bottle of Vitabase in my mail box. But I must say that when I opened the bottle I noticed a strong smell of what I could only describe as fingernail polish. Makes me kind of leery of taking these capsules.

LynnRut
Yes, this offer is genuine. I submitted the simple form and within a week I had a bottle of Vitabase in my mail box. But I must say that when I opened the bottle I noticed a strong smell of what I could only describe as fingernail polish. Makes me kind of leery of taking these capsules.

LOL. I have never smelled any pills that smelled good. Walk down the supplement aisle in any drugstore and it is not really pleasant if you have a keen sense of smell. However, I do not know that you can really make herbs like that smell good.

wiseguy
LOL. I have never smelled any pills that smelled good. Walk down the supplement aisle in any drugstore and it is not really pleasant if you have a keen sense of smell. However, I do not know that you can really make herbs like that smell good.

Believe me, I have opened many bottles of vitamin and herbal formulas. Much more than your average consumer. I have never found anything with a purely chemical smell like these capsules.

LynnRut

A quick update on this trial I am doing with Vitabase. I am taking the product regularly and seeing a solid improvement. It is hard to say how many points a day or anything like that, but just seems considerably lower on a average basis. I feel good too. If I have a few minutes, I will try to calculate better numbers.

Schlep
A quick update on this trial I am doing with Vitabase. I am taking the product regularly and seeing a solid improvement. It is hard to say how many points a day or anything like that, but just seems considerably lower on a average basis. I feel good too. If I have a few minutes, I will try to calculate better numbers.

For how many days did you have to take it before you noticed a difference?

Schlep

How did you make out with the Vitabase, did you get past the smell and try them?

wiseguy
How did you make out with the Vitabase, did you get past the smell and try them?

No, I won't be taking them. There's nothing in the list of ingredients that would smell like this. I'm not talking about a faint whiff of something odd. This is a strong and distinct chemical smell. But don't take my word for it. Sign up and get a free bottle for yourself.

ktk0117

It's C R A P-ola, I tried it for 3 months and it had absolutely no affect at all.

They made it sound good, but I spent a lot of $$ for nothing.

Save your money for exercise equipment!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.