Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lexismom

inset II

lexismom

has anyone here used inset II before. My daughter should be getting her pump in a few weeks,probably months, and one source said they ordered her infusion sets and it was the inset II. I'm wondering if it is easy to use and if there is any noticable problems with it.

HollyB

My son has used three different sets, and the Inset II is his favourite. It's easy to insert, very nifty design, and easy to dispose of afterwards which is important for older kids on the go.

Our one complaint is that it doesn't seem to stick as well as the others. It's a smaller patch of adhesive, and Aaron has at times lost the set well before his three days are up. He didn't use them at all this summer, what with frequent swimming and sweating. Ask for a few samples of Skin Tac with your kit and if you find the set doesn't stick well for your daughter, swab the skin with Skin Tac and let dry before doing the insertion.

Also check what size they are sending you. I've heard plenty of stories of thin kids being sent 9 mm sets, which is too deep for a skinny kid. If your daughter is thin, ask for the 6 mm. Even that's too much for Aaron on his stomach; he uses an angled set there and the Insets on his "love handles."

When we started on the pump the rep also brought a couple of samples of other sets we could try. It took a while before we were brave enough to do it (when you're starting out, there's a big difference between a set someone shows you how to insert, and one you do from the written instructions, or sometimes just a handful of drawings!) But it's good to have some options, just in case the first thing you try doesn't suit you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.