Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt9332

Cases At night

Matt9332

Hello,

I am awake now at 4:00 AM, from a hypo. I went straight to my machine to check and I got 84. Not so low, but I felt very dizzy and went down for a cup of milk and 3/pc. of digestive cookies. I feel I may have taken to much. I'm waiting 10 minutes to see if my sugar has not fallen more. Now i'm off back to bed but what can you suggest at night time hypo?

notme

I think you did well Matt. Your choice of food for a correction is what I would have used. If you are feeling lower than 84, you probably are and your meter is not reflecting your true b/g yet. I use milk and cookies as a correction and I usually wake up in range. Good job.

Real4

I went straight to my machine to check and I got 84. Not so low, but I felt very dizzy and went down for a cup of milk and 3/pc. of digestive cookies.

You did good. If you have been running high sugars, 84, which is perfectly normal reading for anyone, will feel like a hypo.

xMenace

I believe my feelings before my meter readings. Meters are error prone. An 84 could have been a 65. You ate enough to get you back into range and a little bit extra. That's fine. Quite often If I'm low, there's a reason for it that will keep sending me low. Don't take those chances in the middle of the night.

kstreeter513

Ya, you did go on correcting. I have a bad tendency to over-correct especially at night. All I can think about is getting my BG up so I can go back to sleep.

Matt9332
:( I woke up this morning with a high blood level of 233, I ate to much. If this happens again, i will only have a cup of milk and see what that does.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.