Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caswellhb

Ok. Wasn't going to announce this here but really need help.

caswellhb

I'm pregnant. Sorry to anyone that may be upset by this. Hey, I was celibate for 18 years.

My numbers are shot. Going through the roof.

I'm doing all the usual, throwing up at every opportunity, hormonal as ****, happy and then miserable. Typicle pregnancy really.

I really wasn't going to make this announcement but I am a little scared and alone.

I need advice folks.

Heather.

Dewey

That makes sense as to the hormones feeling like they're fluctuating. Why would anyone be upset by it, Heather? You're a good person & deserve every gift life has to offer just the same as anyone else.

The only thing to worry with at this point is protecting your BGs & your health, so that your pregnancy will be more smooth & your child will be able to develop properly. Just roll with the roller coaster of life, and know that you have friends who love & support you. I know it may sound & seem easier said than done at this point in time, but I truly believe things will pan out. (((((Hugs)))))

caswellhb

Thank you.

I am just really scared and alone right now.

Hey, I always fight back. I am woman, hear me roar.

I need some advice on the numbers folks. My doc is confused.

This is a DF pregnancy, come enjoy it with me.

Heather.

gettingby
I'm pregnant. Sorry to anyone that may be upset by this. Hey, I was celibate for 18 years.

My numbers are shot. Going through the roof.

I'm doing all the usual, throwing up at every opportunity, hormonal as ****, happy and then miserable. Typicle pregnancy really.

I really wasn't going to make this announcement but I am a little scared and alone.

I need advice folks.

Heather.

Heather, are you happy? Is this what you want?

It doesn't matter what others think or if it upsets them. This is your life and it's about what you want.

That being said, I'm sure you will do well. Just take care of yourself and the baby. Don't worry about what others think.

(((Hugs))) and support from across the pond. I've got a 17 yr old so I've been through it while being a T1. I'll help any way I can.:)

Penny

Take care of yourself Heather, so this prescious child can be healthy as well as you. Every new life is a gift, and I envy you the chance to be part of it. It's been a long time, but if I can help you get through this, I will try. :)

palefacegirl03

As you know test alot. Take time and breathe.

saltines and gingerale for the nausea, little tea with honey.

I have a dd turning 7 on Jan 5, I was very scared when I found out I was pregnant with her. I had been type 1 for ten years by then. She is completely healthy.

Best of luck to you.

caswellhb

Thank you.

I have no doubts about having the babies but my numbers worry me a lot. I am getting a lot of highs. How do I combat these? I am eating veg and fish. That's it.

Also, since both parents are D do I need to be more neurotic than the average mum to be?

Heather.

Carwy

Congrats. Heather:party:

I know you will do what is right and everything will workout great for you and the baby.

Oh and as far as what your eating If it's good and bad for you send it my way.

I'm ready :eating:

gettingby

I wouldn't say that you need to be neurotic but you do need to be cautious.

Babies? Is that a typo or are you carrying more than one?

Sorry but I'm slightly excited.

grace girl

I hope that no one here would have anything negative to say to you; the gift of life is precious!

I got D after having all of mine, so I'm probably not much help.

From pregnancy experience, though, I'd definately think your numbers are reflecting all of the hormones. If it were me, I'd test a LOT, and correct when needed.

Congratulations!

notme

Congratulations Heather. I know you are having all of the emotions that any expectant Mom can have, and more. The little life you are keeping safe is the most precious gift in the world.

Congratulations!

caswellhb

Ummmm yes, didn't mean to let slip. Freudian slip I guess. It is twins. I had early tests and they showed an elevated leval of hcg. I have had further tests and they show twins. I really didn't mean to let that slip. Good catch.

I am ok. I'm more worried about them than anything. I want them to be healthy.

The fact that both parents are D worries me.

Heather.

Dewey

Heather, twins are double the excitement! :) This is incredible news. I know that you have concerns over the babies' health due to both parents having Diabetes, but with the proper care, you & the babies will be able to make it through just fine.

If either or both of the babies were to wind up with Diabetes, who better to have as a parent than someone who understands. :) Try not to fret too much. All of us here will help as best we can.

gettingby
Ummmm yes, didn't mean to let slip. Freudian slip I guess. It is twins. I had early tests and they showed an elevated leval of hcg. I have had further tests and they show twins. I really didn't mean to let that slip. Good catch.

I am ok. I'm more worried about them than anything. I want them to be healthy.

The fact that both parents are D worries me.

Heather.

I guess I just have an eagle eye. Sorry to mention it.:o

I guess the best thing to do is to discuss it with your doctor. I can understand your worry. I'm the D, spouse is not but there is quite a bit of it in his family history. So far, my daughter is fine. No D.

Hang in there and know that no matter what happens, you have friends here who really do care.

Carwy

twins?

Okay sorry I know you and the little ones will be healthy and come through this in great health.

How far along are you?

Is it a boy and a girl, two boys or two girls?

When do we get to start a baby name contest?

EasyType2

Heather, below is a link to a UK chatboard. The specific thread is a pregnacy and parental support group. A really great bunch of people there.

Don't know if any are in MK, or not, but there is a scattering from all over the UK.

Give it a look for a few days.....

Pregnancy, Childbirth & Parenting XI

You can read posts without signing up.

caswellhb

Wow, thank you.

I have already

got the names. Sorry.

They will be Curtis Johnathan and Cynthia Marie.

You could bet on how long I manage to carry them. I intend to keep them safe as long as possible. This pair are locked in a safety deposit box. Start your bets from August onwards.

Heather.

Carwy
Wow, thank you.

I have already

got the names. Sorry.

They will be Curtis Johnathan and Cynthia Marie.

You could bet on how long I manage to carry them. I intend to keep them safe as long as possible. This pair are locked in a safety deposit box. Start your bets from August onwards.

Heather.

Nov. 10 or the 15.

JediSkipdogg
Nov. 10 or the 15.

You do know a pregnancy only lasts 9 months right?

Congrats on the babies and hopefully all works out well for you.

I don't think there are any conclusive studies that would show the chances of a child having diabetes when their grandparents have diabetes. I could be wrong. I do know though that if one twin is diagnosed, the chance of the other twin getting it is between 25-50%, which in the medical community are very high odds.

I do know if the mom has diabetes there is about a 4% chance of the children, not sure if that increases or decreases with having twins. Does the father have diabetes? If so, that can greatly increase the chances.

caswellhb

Both parents have D.

And omg you people are making me laugh. LMAO.

Ok, get a chart set up for the date and I will contribute to the correct persons favoured charity. How is that?

Heather.

Carwy

Yes and the question is can you read?

Start your bets from August onwards.

Heather.

More then likely will be around the end of Sept. Would like for it to be later but it will not.

JediSkipdogg
Yes and the question is can you read?

But what good is picking a month 11 months away when she's obviously around a month pregnant already since she knows it's twins?

Dewey
C'mon man, it's twins...So 10/10 or 11/11.

LMAO Duck! I love it! That would be cool if it happened that way! How about 9/9. :D

Nov. 10 or the 15.

Jedi....and your point is? I've known babies to be late (well, ok, maybe not that late, but still). I can't remember if I was late on the date, but I do know that my mom's water broke in the morning & as usual, I was late to the party (as I was born in the evening!).

Leave it to guys to argue over everything...Imagine how crazy they'd get if their hormones started raging!? That's why THEY can't get pregnant! :T

I think Carwy was wishfully thinking anyway....he's a November baby & wanted the twins to share it with. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.