Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caswellhb

Ok. Wasn't going to announce this here but really need help.

davef

Wow, broadband goes down for a couple of days and look what I miss!

Heather congratulations, having children is fantastic, ok they can be brats sometimes ;) but I wouldn't be without my two.

Hope the sickness subsides and you get your numbers down.

:thumbsup:

That's something to really look forward to in 2008!

ant hill
Grrrrrrrrrr. Having a real problem with highs despite throwing up like a fountain and eating like a mouse. Taking extra insulin but not getting these numbers down.

Any ideas?

Is there phenomenon that associates with pregnancy throwing up?

I would slowly increase the insulin and just take it easy Heather and if need be please see your doctor or better still see a endo. ;)

I would go and climb the north face of Everest to see if the exercise helps but it probably wouldn't be a good idea right now. And darn cold at up there at the moment I think.:D

Heather.

Exercise if you can and please don't be over zealous in doing serious workout. This is a time to look after your self and as for the insulin (And this is me thinking) That you are about to create a life and to ballance the insulin to what you eat so it's up to you to be happy. :)

Gary_W

Congratulations, Heather :) Apart from taking snacks into the labour room I've got no advice as my wife doesn't belong to Club Diabetes... Just needed to make sure I had all my supplies packed ready so as we didn't have to worry about all my stuff when labour set in.

Take it easy now

Gary

caswellhb

Thanks everybody.

Hmmmm hadn't even considered how to manage Diabetes and labour at the same time. Fun. Just snack between contractions and shoot insulin whilst breathing? Lol.

Heather.

Keezheekoni

In my experience, and that is of five unmedicated labors, I didn't need any insulin and ate all the way through labor (all the way, ha! I have fast labors)... However, when transition hit, I pretty much threw up everything I had eaten.

But you're doing a lot of work during labor, so you will probably be pretty stable if you eat and forgo insulin.

Sarmar7

Might just be me who was odd (!!) but I found that unless Id just taken short acting insulin morning sickness (well all day sickness) actually sent me high!

Its surprising how much more insulin you need all at once. Ididnt take that much more long acting (about another 10 units by the end)but short acting nearly doubled (and all at once) Might be different with twins too??

palefacegirl03

I checked my blood sugar all thru labor, did not need any fast acting insulin till about 10pm, she was born at 3pm.

I had an epidural, so did not feel to much after that. She was 9pounds 9 ounces, but they did not know she was that big, sonagram did not show her that big. If they had known she would have been delivered c-section, instead she was delivered vaginally.

trailrunner

I am so very happy for You! What a wonderful gift. You seem to managing your numbers as well as could be expected. Hormones are a horrible thing. I worry about your T cell count. Is everything ok on that front?

caswellhb

Ummmmm, are babies born to D mums usually that big? I am only little. Am I going to give birth to footballers here?

Heather.

caswellhb

My T. cell count is being closely monitored and seems to be ok at the moment. It is my first pregnancy since that as well. A lot happens in 18 years, or doesn't in my case. Lol.

I will be having weekly checks for T.cells and viral load. Not sure that is strictly needed but it keeps my doc happy and out of trouble for a while.:D She reads this forum btw.

I am not smoking, drinking or anything else that might be called fun so I am looking forward to a healthy pregnancy.

My diet is mostly veg and I am still exercising, doc says it is ok, so I should be ok.

Heather.

princesslinda

Wow, I take a Christmas break and all kinds of excitement breaks loose! Heather, sending you heart-felt congratulations!

Are you keeping a "mommy-journal?" This would be somthing neat for the little ones to read years from now....a scrapbook of feelings, pictures of mommy's tummy month by month, ultrasounds, world events, forum well-wishes, etc. This would be something you could treasure for years to come.

Again, congratulations!

caswellhb

Thank you Linda. I am an avid scrapbooker so am keeping everything. I left my scrapbooking bits of America behind unfortunately.

I am healthy and coping so things are going well.

I have to admit that I am missing certain aspects of my former life tonight but, Hey, Don't we all?

Hmmmmm, hormones getting the better of me I suspect.

Love, laugh and enjoy in the new year.

Heather.

gettingby

Heather, I am also built on the small side. I have one daughter. She weighed 11lbs 12.5oz at birth. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but they did say that the tighter control you keep, the less likely the baby (or in your case, babies:) ) will be big.

And yes, I definitely had a C section.:)

palefacegirl03
Heather, I am also built on the small side. I have one daughter. She weighed 11lbs 12.5oz at birth. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but they did say that the tighter control you keep, the less likely the baby (or in your case, babies:) ) will be big.

And yes, I definitely had a C section.:)

OUCH, Cin that's one big baby. I thought my DD was big.

I am 5'8 , I gained over 50 pounds and still have not lost it all and it has been 7 years. I have started loosing some since I started pumping, so maybe I will loose the rest sometime soon.

Good luck , Heather and come back soon.

caswellhb

Thanks.

I am keeping my weight down. 116lbs this am. Lost the flab recently.

I am swimming and running. Doc says this is ok.

Thanks to all those that are doing the guessing thing. I am looking forward to contributing to a good charity. Keep those coming. Carwy is very kindly looking after that for me so keep him busy.

Heather.

Carwy
Thanks.

I am keeping my weight down. 116lbs this am. Lost the flab recently.

I am swimming and running. Doc says this is ok.

Thanks to all those that are doing the guessing thing. I am looking forward to contributing to a good charity. Keep those coming. Carwy is very kindly looking after that for me so keep him busy.

Heather.

Okay I have an excel sheet set up with the dates and stuff.

Please remember to place them after August.

This is the link to go to to place you date.

When will Heather have her twins?

susique333
Thank you.

Heather.

1st off I want to congratulate you on your pregnancy. My DIL is due Aug. 15th and is 9 weeks along.

You mentioned being alone? For that I am sorry!

Im sending you the most positive thoughts for a uneventful pregnancy! Keep looking up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.