Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnabon

Anxiously trying for a baby and nothing yet.. :(

Cinnabon

Hello fam...

Im here and doing good. Eyes are real good. I hope everyone had a great holiday and behaved!!! LOL

fam,

I am getting anxious and feeling a bit down. I have been trying for 2 months to get pregnant and nada. I hope my Diabetes has not dented these plans of mine. Any ond all advise from all of you is more than welcome.

Keezheekoni

I used to post regularly on obgyn.net. The number 1 piece of advice all of the docs gave was to have sex every other day for a month. If you aren't pg by the end of that month, then they'll start looking at other things to jump start you. Two months of trying isn't a lot. Most people have to go at least six months before docs will do anything to intervene. Have patience. :)

My parents tried Clomid for five years. Gave up, decided to adopt, then got pregnant with me. :D It sometimes helps to not "try".

Cinnabon

LOL...

Wowzers. Im just anxious after all I have been through. I just wish my Diabetes has affeced me. I have had all the hormones tested, but I need to relax. Thinking about it too much is bad.

Jan B

I learned, way too late, the reason I couldn't get pregnant once, was because my thyroid was so low functioning . . .

Cinnabon
I learned, way too late, the reason I couldn't get pregnant once, was because my thyroid was so low functioning . . .

Had that checked out too.... Thank god, It looks good.

Cinnabon

LOL....

They r deFintely Olympic swimmers, but maybe not tough enuF.

I deF. want him to get a check out. He is 31 and never had kids, but you never know.

I am the one that has the D, but I hope it has not aFFected me and my Repo. system.:eek:

Gary_W

I have no scientific proof to back this up, but I really think that elevated stress levels are really not helpful to conception. My theory is that if your body senses that you are anxious, you must have a reason to be frightened and that carrying a baby in a fight or flight situation is not good. So you don't fall pregnant.

My wife used to have a stressful job. We wanted children. It wasn't happening. She gave up work and pregnancy happened. It was financially very difficult at the time (despite the fact she'd paid into the system for 14 years and never had a day off sick, we got no maternity benefit because she left work prior to being pregnant), but we wanted children and made a life choice. Fortunately it paid off. Our eldest daughter was 6 today :)

Hardly scientific advice I know, but believing there are problems after a month is not going to help you IMO. You are both very young so no need to panic if a few months go by... Enjoy yourselves, relax and nature may well give you what you want.

Good luck

Gary

Cinnabon

Gary, that sounds amazing. Everyone has told us to stop thinking about it, but its just soooo hard to not think about it. I am just fearing my Diabetes will get in the way.

Mick

My late wife and I attempted to conceive for over a year before we started with fertility evaluations and treatments, back in 1981. There was the morning temperature charts to determine the most fertile days, and the sex on demand at those times. There was the "stop trying" altogether. There were several years of resentment and depression as one by one, all of our friends and family were having kids with no problems. Finally, we decided that time was a-wasting, and the doctors were getting absolutely nowhere with us. Nine months after we ditched the entire pregnancy game, we brought home a bright, beautiful infant daughter--from Korea. She turns 25 in a couple of months, and is a PhD fellow in Music at the U. of Chicago. I also have a 17 year old son, from Vietnam. Wherever your children come from, however they arrive, once you hold them in your arms, you will love them forever. Good luck, and keep an open mind...

Michael

RobiJo

Cin I am hoping the best for you! Hubby and I hope to start this summer after my sister's wedding... being T1 for 24 years and eye stuff I am wondering the same things.... what is going to happen....

Cinnabon

Dont worry too much. My 14 yr old daughter was born healthy. Have yourself checked out thoroughly. I ahve checked out just about every inch in my body, Im just paranoid thst way. lol

xMenace

Having kids should be an enjoyable, fullfilling experience, not hard work. Relax and enjoy!

Nice to see you back Mick.

kgm0612

Hey Cin........although I had no problems conceiving, I have many friends that did. It's always easy for others to say "relax, stop trying so hard". My friends heard that saying over and over again............yet..........once they stopped trying and relaxed, everyone of them got pregnant! I pray the same happens for you!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen

Jan B
Nine months after we ditched the entire pregnancy game, we brought home a bright, beautiful infant daughter--from Korea. She turns 25 in a couple of months, and is a PhD fellow in Music at the U. of Chicago. I also have a 17 year old son, from Vietnam. Wherever your children come from, however they arrive, once you hold them in your arms, you will love them forever. Good luck, and keep an open mind...

Michael

Michael,

Your comments warmed my heart. My little brother is adopted, and I wanted to adopt also. Way back then (over 20 years ago) I was told it was much harder for a diabetic mom to adopt a child, than to have a healthy child of her own. I don't know if it's still true or not. My dad died when I was a child, and my only child died. The most special people in my life are not genetically related to me.

I understand the desire to have a child of your own, really. It's a horrible shame that adoption is so difficult, when so many children need good homes.

RELAX Cinnabon!!! I wish you the absolute best.

HollyB

Hi there,

Having been there, I know that "not trying" and "not thinking about it" is pretty much impossible. But you should definitely not be worrying yet -- 2 months is hardly any time at all. It's surprisingly easy to miss the little window of opportunity your egg gives you.

Can you tell when you ovulate? I do think that good timing is more effective than quantity (so to speak) when it comes to getting pregnant. If you have long or short cycles, think 2 weeks BEFORE your period is expected, not 2 weeks AFTER your last one.

Anyhow, if it's any consolation, our first baby took nearly 2 years (yes, looked and even started fertility treatment but then stopped, got pregnant soon after), 2nd baby took 3 months and the 3rd baby was, well... I'm still not sure how that happened!

Good luck. Have fun!

Katrina Stovold

I have been trying for 6 months to get preg! Like you...I thought it would happen within 2 months, now, I dont really care what happens, who cares, no point worrying about it!! at the 12 month mark I will get checked out!! If I cant have kids well, its not the end of the world, you can find other things to do! I definately dont try too hard to get pregnant or check if my period has arrived every hour,, I am sure it will happen if it is meant to..

Cinnabon

Yes it is at its quite tiring I have found out that my husband has a problem, a varicocele and this must get operated in order to have a baby. I did checked out right away. I do wish you luck and let me know if you need anything.

Mokeyh

hi hun,

There is some sense (however frustrating) in the 'just relax theory as it's quite early days on in your ttc, and covering your bases with having sex, every other day from cd 10 onwards (assuming you have a 28 day cycle OV usually occurs around cd14).

Keep trying, you know? Eat healthy, drink lots of water as your eggies like to be hydrated, knock naughty luxuries (drink/smoke/too much fatty food) on the head for the time being and try not to fret too much as that can knock things outta whack.

If you have no joy after 9mths of trying then I'd have a preliminary appt with a Dr to see if they can offer a solution or start the ball rolling with some assistance.

Hope that helps a bit, I know how you feel I've been trying for a long time and kinda know a bit about the not getting pregnant as easily as some. PM me if you want to chat some time

christie

i too think that the restrictions for adoptions is crazy. when I had my daughter skyler almost 6 yrs ago, i had my tubes tied, and i regret that decision everyday of my life. life was so much different then, my mom was ill, and i then was taking care of her too. if i only had a chrystal ball(sp) then to see how my life would change so much. I have a stable home and we'd love a child no matter where it came from, but it's just too difficult. But you know me and my kids are sending you baby wishes.:) :) :)

mazea

It takes on average 6 months for a couple to conceive. 25% of the embyos do not make it each month. 2 months isn't long enough for their to be a concern.

Relaxing definantly helps the husband. DH had a sperm count of 7million( The normal count to be able to conceive is 20million) when he had a stressful job. He changed to a less stressful job and had it checked 3 months later. The count 3 months later was 12million. So my advice is make sure you don't tell your husband when your trying to conceive window is.(The window that is 4 days around ovulation) and don't mention the TTC to him and he will be relaxed about the idea.

In the end( 2 1/2 years later) we could no longer plan TTC as we had TTC burnout. It is much less stressful not to worry about that cycle of trying and waiting every month for your long term sanity.

KCP

Cinnabon: At least you have a reason and can work towards fixing it :)

We tried for over a year and nothing,. Granted I also Have PCOS and very high androgen levels so cant concieve on my own. My problem is I cant seem to stay sane and live with Female hormones ruling my system as I find i get very depressed and anxious when this happens. As it is I have a period once every four months or so and dont ovulate.

The only way we can start a family is using Clomiphene or maybe even IVF, but i refuse to use those means as the drugs just do not agree with me. So, instead of a fmaily I am going back to university to complete my Masters degree and start my career as a Psychotherapist.

Unfortunately, a family just isnt going to happen for us.

But i wish all of you lovely ladies all the luck in the world!!!

Katrina Stovold

You are fantastic!! I have exactly the same mentality!! If the doc says pregnancy aint going to happen for me I plan to do the same thing...get on with life and go and get a degree!! At least we know and can plan now.....before we spent at least a year putting everything on hold incase baby came along! I just want to know whats going on with me thats all! Good on you for your excellent attitude!! love it!!x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.