Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

mho357

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on this site - I'm curious about the origins of many.

Anyone want to share the origin of their forum name?

I'll start - mho357 was the user ID that my very first ISP (Internet America) bestowed upon me. Pretty dull - huh?

Mark

Harold

From the day you joined I wondered if you knew that mho was in fact a word;

The SI derived unit of electrical conductance, equal to one ampere per volt. It is equivalent to the reciprocal of the ohm unit. Also called siemens.

Bunkins

My sisters used to call me Bunkins when I was little, and still do from time to time.. Dont know why I decided to use that one on here, just the first thing that came to mind..

I only use that one, my name which is Colt, or wheelieboy.. Wheelieboy came from back when I first got into drag racing, the first time my car pulled the front wheels off the ground, I was 17, messing around in a parking lot LOL.. Nobody in real life knows me by that nick-name anymore, the racing crowd I used to hang out with back in those days have moved away, or got out of racing..

Dewey

This is a very popular topic, so I decided to make the thread a sticky & link to some of other/older threads of the same nature in my post:

What's in a name.

Off Topic: So how did you choose your name?

Usernames??

How did you get your Screen Name?

This is a good question, so it'll be good to see the many stories of how people got their nmes....I got mine from my nieces, by the way. :)

susique333

My name is Susan but my entire family calls me Susique. 333 is yet to be figured out. You see all my life I have awoken at 3:33 a.m. and so its kind of an unknown what the Universe is trying to tell me. Im hoping its $33.3 MILLION from the Lottery! :party:

owlyn

It's a Welsh spelling of my real name :) Say it out loud.

It's not really a Welsh spelling. I just get tired of everyone spelling my name incorrectly. This spelling is so odd, that you have to look to get it.

trishagarth94

well my name comes from my two favorite singers, Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks and the year I first heard their music and become big fans of theirs, hense trishagarth94

JediSurfer

The first part of the name 'jedi' was given to me by my colleagues at work because of my high profit percentage and jedi like skills when dealing roulette and blackjack(I am any gambers worst nightmare) and the second part comes because I am a surfer before all else. Its my passion in life. The ocean rocks in ways human can only dream about.

Jill-O

Mine is among the least mysterious. The name I have always gone by (my middle name) is Jill. My last name is O'Roark. I've never "cared" if people on the internet know my full name and everyone's a click away from all my contact info.

girl%20with%20butterfly.gif

Handybear

Handybear comes from the fact that I am big and hairy, hence the bear part. I am very handy at fixing and repairing things:

Handybear.

Penny
Mine is among the least mysterious. The name I have always gone by (my middle name) is Jill. My last name is O'Roark. I've never "cared" if people on the internet know my full name and everyone's a click away from all my contact info.

girl%20with%20butterfly.gif

Mine too. Anyone can find out anything about me if they really want to. I used to do "skip tracing" and I know how easy it is. Besides when I was signing up, I put my name in thinking I would get one of those notices saying it was already taken, and was prepared to start adding numbers....it took my name the first time. :)

buddy7

Hi -- mho !!

Totally idiosyncrasies, started by a fellow work colleague, as a handle to start every conversation with me, seven's my lucky number, just have a good ring to things.

B/7 ESSEX UK.

beau91

Mine is not realy inventive beau91 .beau are the first letters of my name beausoleil 91 on other site they would'nt take beau so i added a 9 after on another site beau9 was taken i used beau91 .my name in english is nicesun.Bye Ricky

davef

I'd be in the "not inventive" camp, I usually use dferrie in forums, while I prefer strangers to call me David, I don't mind my friends calling me Dave. Since I wanted to make some new friends on DF (and I have) I decided to go with Dave + F for my surname (Ferrie) hence DaveF.

shabbie

my name being sharon, it gets shortened all the time.

so ive been

shaz (i hate that)

shazbat (hate that too)

shabbidy

sharrie

sharabang

shabbie

so shabbie it is.

the 6247 part is my bf who uses that number as code for everything. (kind of fake item number ie "oh this is job number 6247b")

so there you have it....i'm just daft!

Fred&CharlesFan

I have long been a HUGE fan of the great work done in 1921 by doctors Sir Frederick Banting and Charles Best, at the University of Toronto. = Fred&CharlesFan

ctskierguy

Mine is too easy.

ct = the state that I'm currently stuck in

skier = that would be what I am

guy = that would also be me, just a guy

Mike

Tattoo azz

hiya- mine is in the simple area too

1= i have tattoos

2= my name is Arron but most people call me Azz (apart from my mum who still uses the name Azzbatch which i hate)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.