Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

KimP

Well my name is Kim so I use that for ID but you can call me any name you want for dinner :pepsi: but don't call me late.   :lol:

Chelle D

wanted to use an old nickname from highschool that only one good friend ever called me....

Guess I wanted to remember her.

Kalisiin

Kalisiin (pronouce Kahl - ih - SIGH - EEN) - it is a name given to me by my nakama.  This is about the only man I could ever see myself in a long-term relationship with.  He lives in Miami, I am in NC.  He is forever down on himself, he has mild Asperger Syndrome.  He lives with his parents, and this does not help, because it reinforces his negative view of his own self...his parents are truly horrible people.

Anyway, he and I are both what you could call Japophiles...we like Japanese things.  And Kalisiin is a hybrid of two Japanese words which, together, mean "Wandering Spirit."  I have this name because, in my life, I have lived in seven states - two of them twice.  In my 44 years, I have made eight moves of over 500 miles.  I also use the Phoenix as a symbol for my life...because, just like the Phoenix...every time my life burns down around my ears, I find a way to rise up from the ashes.

We are into roleplay games, and Kalisiin is a Kill Bill girl.  She is a Kujitai Warrior (pronounce Koo - Jih - TIE) - a Kujitai is a Japanese version of an Amazon warrior, we are all female, and we have a code of honor similar to Klingons.  I know, a strange combination, yes?

Jannah

Jannah is a whovian   Yay !!!

Yes I am :D! I needed to add a picture and I decided to go with the TARDIS. It would be nice to go travel around time and space.

adiantum

You get the utmost respect with an avatar like that .

It would be wonderful to travel with The Doctor although I'm such a chicken I'd be hiding under a bed somewhere within the Tardis

Jannah

You get the utmost respect with an avatar like that .

It would be wonderful to travel with The Doctor although I'm such a chicken I'd be hiding under a bed somewhere within the Tardis

Hah, if The Doctor came to my doorstep I'd be off in a minute. My life is dull. I need adventure.

Now I'm almost tempted to create a Doctor Who thread in this section. I never tire of discussing Doctor Who :D. Besides, it's something happy that can get us away from all the diabetes talk for a bit. Our health is important, but it's also important not to obsess over it and still live life.

Kalisiin

Hah, if The Doctor came to my doorstep I'd be off in a minute. My life is dull. I need adventure.

Now I'm almost tempted to create a Doctor Who thread in this section. I never tire of discussing Doctor Who :D. Besides, it's something happy that can get us away from all the diabetes talk for a bit. Our health is important, but it's also important not to obsess over it and still live life.

So tell me...which actor was your favorite Doctor?

I must go with David Tennant.

Jannah

So tell me...which actor was your favorite Doctor?

I must go with David Tennant.

Oh you just had to get me excited with this topic didn't you? Hah. For me it's probably a tie between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. At least as far as new Who goes. I like Peter Davidson in classic Who, who is coincidentally one of David Tennant's favourites as well.

Kalisiin

Oh you just had to get me excited with this topic didn't you? Hah. For me it's probably a tie between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. At least as far as new Who goes. I like Peter Davidson in classic Who, who is coincidentally one of David Tennant's favourites as well.

Now, see, I like Tom Baker in the classic ones.  The Fourth Doctor.  Peter Davidson was good, but I missed Tom Baker too much to appreciate Davidson, at the time.  Of course, I was a little kid then, but I just liked Tom Baker.

Jannah

Now, see, I like Tom Baker in the classic ones.  The Fourth Doctor.  Peter Davidson was good, but I missed Tom Baker too much to appreciate Davidson, at the time.  Of course, I was a little kid then, but I just liked Tom Baker.

Being as young as I am(24) I didn't really grow up with the show. It was only relatively recently I got into it. I actully started with the new series before jumping into the old. I've been jumping all over with that, although I started with the first Doctor. It's a shame so many of his and the second Doctor's episodes are missing though.

Klaus74

Awesome to see that there are fans of Doctor Who (and classic Doctor Who, at that!) on this discussion board. I won't pretend to be a die-hard fan who's seen all the episodes, but I'm certainly a casual fan----have been so since I was 14 (I'm now 42). I've even seen some of the older episodes of the early 60s. Great sci-fi series!

Anyway, to get on topic:  My name on this board, "Klaus", isn't actually my real name, as I've mentioned before. I'm French-Canadian and my name is Claude (pronounced in French "CL-OH-Duh"). "Klaus" is my name in German.

Hammer

I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but for those who have come here after that post, my forum name Hammer, is derived from me being a ham operator.  As someone mentioned, I should have chosen the name ham-er, but since I started out with hammer, I'll stick with that name. :)

As for Doctor Who, I started watching it when David Tennant was the doctor.  When he left and was replaced by the new guy, I stopped watching it.

As for being able to be in the Tardis and travel through time....that could present certain problems, but since the laws of physics tells you that time travel is impossible, those problems will never be a reality.  I mean, if you could travel back through time, and say, kill your parents, how would that be possible?  If you killed your parents, then you would never have been born, so how could you travel back in time to kill them, if by killing them, you'd never have been born?

Klaus74

Ah, I was wondering where your name Hammer came from. I thought maybe it was because you crush diabetes like a hammer. :)

Indeed, such time travel paradoxes are staples of some of the most interesting sci-fi films that deal with time travel. For instance, Kyle Reese in THE TERMINATOR is sent by his leader John Connor to prevent his mother being killed by the terminator because then he of course will never be born. So Kyle Reese travels back in time to follow Connor's orders, but then something unexpected happens----he falls in love with Sarah Connor, and becomes John Connor's father! How's that for an interesting paradox? In BACK TO THE FUTURE, a similar situation must be prevented when Marty McFly's mom in the past falls in love with him instead of his father. If he doesn't get those two together----and get his mom disinterested in him----he will be erased from existence.

Eventhough the laws of science probably prevent the possibility of travelling backwards in time, those kinds of stories have always fascinated me----and a lot of other people, hence the enduring popularity of Doctor Who since 1963.

adiantum

Fraser is a dignified name.

Poor Hammer, I mistook his name as that of the handyman so inundated him  with " how do I do" PM's.

Ive come up with many jobs around the house & yard that I didn't know how to do, so asked Hammer.

How lucky he is that he doesn't live anywhere near me or he'd have me knocking on his door asking him to fix something.

That guy is a living treasure as not once did he refuse & always explained the methods so simply.

Be it fixing the pool or solving some painting issues.. Hammer is  always there.

BTW my ID is the scientific name of that fern I have as my avatar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.