Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

grace girl

I will forever be totally blown away by the awesome, amazing, tremedous grace of God...and, well, I'm a girl! Hence, Gracegirl!

TenderVittleS

For some reason I was thinking of catfood at the time, but I always have some crazy random thought going on, meow!! You don't want to see my other forum names!:)

venatici

Mine is a shortend form of the constellation Canes Venatici. That is a latin name for "The Hunting Dogs." I typically drop the Canes portion for brevity. That is appropriate for that is my favorite constellation as an amateur astronomer. It also typifies my style of playing chess. Also, I am a hunter. Hence the name.

Incidentally, the constellation Canes Venatici holds the brightest star in the night sky, Sirius.

Most don't know how to pronounce the name correctly, because of the latin roots. So, here is the phonetic spelling...

Can-ess Wen-uh-tick-ee

The latin V is pronounced as a W in english.

So, there you go...

Evermont

KS000430_med.jpg

Evermont is a few things. You all know that I live in Vermont. I live here because I've loved this place since I first saw it on a weekend trip at age 5. I've been around the world, lived in many fantastic places, but this is it for me.

Ever + Vermont = Evermont

By the way, the 'Ver' in Vermont means green, my favorite color. So "Green Mountain State" isn't just the motto - it's the name too. In September 2002 I walked the Long Trail from one end of the state to the other. My fondness for this place just keeps growing. The photo above is just a snapshot from my bedroom - even on the cloudiest days it's plain to me that I'm in the right place.

KS000196a.jpg

This is Evermont - on the road less traveled.

Evermont is also a nod to my employer of the last 15 years.

Sweet Lou

Sweet Lou is Louis Bullock´s nickname...I don´t know if you know him...

Louis Bullock is an american basketball player...He played some years ago for Michigan Wolverines (NCAA)...Now he is playing for Real Madrid, a spanish basketball team...My favourite basketball team...

And coincidentally, my name is Louis...:)

Woodbutcher

My primary hobby and passion is cabinet & furniture making. I love working with wood. I use Woodbutcher as a bit of self-deprecating humor.

Jim

pixiefae

i used to play a roleplay game called changling the dreaming and "pixie" was the charicter i played....after a whim i used it as my online tag and got fairly well known for my graphics in certain circles so it stuck.....so now even my photography bussiness is called Pixiefae Photography...

psst i'm not a geek really.....honest ~winks~

Ronin

Hi MHO357!

I'm a Japan-a-Phile. A good friend, and Buddhist Nun who lives in Niihama, says I'm an old-soul trying to get "home." I've been facinated by Japan and the Japanese ever since I listened to Jean Shepherd reading Haiku on the radio back in the early 1960's.

I speak, read, write some Japanese and have been there a number of times. My wife and I have accumulated over 25 "Japanese Daughters" through various exchange programs and friends of friends. On top of that I'm highly independent and have no "Master" therefore I declare myself Ronin.

I was a master of my craft (Supply Chain Management) and taught others how it is done for years. Much in the tradition of the Japanese Sword Masters who refused to permanently align themselves with any master and chose to be masters of themselves.

All those who know me and the origins of the term say it fits.

Leafbear

'Glad to find this thread... have been wanting to ask this very question.

"Bear" is a childhood nickname. My avatar is a detail (sort of) from The Bear Dance, which hangs in my dining room. I like leaves and have several "leaf"-y pieces of wall art. They just worked well together!

Tony

Supposedly mine means To NY. (New york city)

My uncle use to joke around a lot. He said we were named Tony because we came from Italy with a stamp on our forehead that said to NY. So once we arrived in NY everyone called us Tony.

xMenace

Menace is a named I've used for awhile amongst others. I like Red Menace for the Canadian connexion, but most of the variants get taken. I work for an IT company that starts with the letter x, lowercase. We've built some pseudo products which you'll never see and some internal applications. We hand a trend for awhile to start them with x such as xThisApp and xThatApp. Sooo, you do the math ...

nicole

Well I think its quite obvious that "nicole" is my real name. I don't like to go by any other name besides the one my parents gave me.

Jan B

If I could rename myself, I would use Maddog. Maddie was my sweet and beautiful red Cocker Spaniel & her nickname & many of my passwords for years, was maddog (maddie dog). This is the first & only online community I've joined and I wasn't properly trained in naming myself!

Axel Slinger

Well, I usually use my adopted family name, Axel Slingerland. Or if that won't fit as is often the case, I use Ax Slinger or just Ax if I can get away with it because that's what everyone always calls me anyway.

I am the Ax Man. axgreen.gif

Except I am not a little green man with a purple mohawk. I am getting round though... rofl3.gif

slipperyelm

How cool to follow Ax Slinger!

The day I signed up, I was reading a draft paper on genetic diversity in the genus Ulnus, which is the genus of the slippery elm. I have since seen the same user name elsewhere on the internet, but this is the only place where I am slipperyelm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.