Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

Pote05

POTE 05

I was the Potentate of the Moila Shrine Center in 2005, hince Pote05...

Potentate is like being the President of the organization...

R2112

Mine is from a group which I've liked since the late 70's. Can anyone guess, especially the Canadians!

Group- Rush

Album- 2112

Hence, R2112

Pote05
Mine is from a group which I've liked since the late 70's. Can anyone guess, especially the Canadians!

Group- Rush

Album- 2112

Hence, R2112

2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx what a great rock song...

YouTube - Rush 2112

Moreno

Moreno is um. my last name.

I also use 8amoreno. 8 is the year I graduate. 2008. a stands for andrew, and moreno is my last name.

jjordie

My name was a spur of the moment thing. Forgot I would need a name

when I became a member so as my favourite singer is Alan Price and he's a Geordie

I thought that would be ok, but then I'm not a Geordie and so I changed it to "jjordie".

But on my own forum you can see I use the name JJean

johno02

Company ID that I kept. first three characters of last name, first two characters of first name, two numbers. Apparently I an the secone johno--, but the first one quit before I started. johno02. I use it a lot, but dome ids now require a full 8 characters, so my house number is 230, so johno023 sometimes.

Lulika

My name is Louise in the world outside the Internet and my husband has always called me Lulika as a nick name...so Lulika I am ! :)

LarryTango

the reason for my name is pretty much an essay but ill shorten it down.

its been my nickname in real life since 1990s, here in the uk there is a softdrink called tango and during the 1990s was a collection of tango adverts ( example on youtube

) where some orange guy would do something random to someone drinking tango (this lead to children doing random things to each other shouting you've been tango'd) when i left school i started at a place for the summer holidays to get more qualifications etc and it said you had to wear shirt and tie and so i kinda bent the rules a bit and turned up for first day in a bright orange shirt and a musical daffy duck tie ... added to the fact i had the night b4 someone shaved left side of my head bald.

so basically i was a fat orange guy with half a haircut.. it was obvious people would make fun haha , the "you've been tango'd" taunts started then people would refer to me as tango boy and finally tango, when i started college and i needed a screen name i chose littletango (as i was small) but after many randoms online made jokes about why i was called 'little' tango i changed it to Ltango online .. one day someone asked what the L stood for so i said larry , so now my online name is larrytango lol, in todays real life more people know me as tango than what my real name is haha

ps that was the short version :S

Tashia

It's my name. :D My father gave it to me when I was born. It has a unique spelling so I'm usually able to have it as a username. It's pronounced Tasha just spelled with an I in it.

Coppernob

My forum name is what my mother used to call me when I was a little girl because of the color of my hair. I lost her last August and so I have been thinking of my childhood a lot since then. Using the name Coppernob gives me a feeling of connection and solace.

DarthDiabetes

1. Well, I am a Sith Lord of course, and one that has suddenly come down with some horrible affliction that must be a result of working the forces of the dark side. Nevertheless, crushing the hopes of the universe must go on, just now with some insulin.

2. Okay, my three year old is obsessed with star wars, and when I was in the icu at DX, I really thought of little else but seeing him, so it is some combination of these two origins.

cherise

No real curious origin to my forum name because it's my first name. My email address is another story though :D

jacobsam622

In 2001 I decided to convert to Judaism and in 2003 my wife and were remarried in a jewish wedding.

My screen name is my Hebrew name Jacob Samual and the date I remarried my wife in Jewish wedding 6/22:D

Evil Tramp

Well I live in a cardboard box behind Aldi and I steal people's Shreddies and Macaroons to live of, and steal grannies's lozenges and purses filled with lovely retirement money after I trip them over. :D

garnett_21

I'm a big sports fan, and Kevin Garnett plays basketball for the Boston Celtics, and before that, he played for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and his jersey number in MN was 21, so garnett_21!

It Ain't Over

A lifelong Baseball and Softball fan and player, I adopted the name from Yogi Berra's old slogan.

It ain't over til it's over. And I can tell you it ain't over yet!

GretchO

Mine's boring...part of my first name Gretchen, initial of my (now) maiden name Overbaugh. When I was trying to get my first Hotmail account a million years ago, it was surprisingly difficult to get an account name with Gretchen in it that was unique.

But I think it's pretty fun finding out more about some of the folks on the forum - I know there's someone here from Medford, MA (I used to live in Woburn so we were neighbors), and for Evermont, I couldn't agree with you more about VT - I used to ski there every winter in the 90s when I lived in the Boston area (yes I was one of those jerks from MA) - we'd get a small house near Sugarbush. I get so homesick for New England sometimes, but am also enjoying Mid-MO.

Scarlett

Mine is because i'm a redhead it's close to my real name (very easy to remember too) - i have passwords galore at work and that's when i usually visit (during lunch, of course)

kazza

Ready for a long story? Once upon a time, I'm j/k. One of the best things I ever did was backpack around Australia. I met someone worth staying in one spot for, unpacked and became integrated into the culture and people started calling me Kazza (real name is Karen). So it brings back good memories and my usual s/ns were already taken.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.