Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

fgummett
The worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

What movie is that I just Googled and found nothing.

Look what you made me do now... I just Googled a fingledopple... I wouldn't be surprised if that is something they can lock me up for :D

fingledopple
What movie is that I just Googled and found nothing.

Look what you made me do now... I just Googled a fingledopple... I wouldn't be surprised if that is something they can lock me up for :D

Hahaha...no, it is nothing "dirty," I am totally not that kind of person :)

here u go: Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (1985) (TV)

If you google them as two separate words "fingle" "dopple" the movie comes up then. Don't say I didn't warn anyone tho, it is seriously the worst movie ever.

fgummett

OK... yes I saw most of that film late one night while channel surfing and I totally agree with your assessment :)

Spbeyond

Mine is from the first time I signed up for AOL. At the time I was watching this show I really liked called Space: above and beyond and its all I could think of that wasn't taken. So I made it Spbeyond. And it has been that way ever since. Im not sure how I got Spbeyond from the show title. Anyway it has stuck.

Patient254

254 has been a recurring number in my life, including my phone number which ended in 2054. Eventually, when I was dxed with T2 and Pancreatitis in the hospital, after being in ICU I was moved to room 254 - hence, Patient254.

GrammaBear

"GrammaBear" is what my then 2year old grandson called me one morning when I got up in a not so 'sunny' mood. It kind of stuck on me the next time he visited, so that is where my name came from.

GrammaBear

fgummett

When my sister was little she had a cross-eyed teddy-bear named "Gladly"... named after the hymn, "Gladly The Cross I'd Bear"... seriously! She also thought God's first name was Peter based on the end of the mass service when the Priest says, "Thanks be to God"... try saying it out loud :D

I also have an Aunt Ursula who's e-mail address starts with SheBear (Ursa = bear))

Penny
254 has been a recurring number in my life, including my phone number which ended in 2054. Eventually, when I was dxed with T2 and Pancreatitis in the hospital, after being in ICU I was moved to room 254 - hence, Patient254.

I do not usually believe in signs or strange things that seem to happen to people, but....the number 1111, is one that seems to be around when something important happens in my life. My son was born at 11:11, I took him home from the hospital on November the 11th. I came home from the hospital after "dying" on November 11. Much more, but I understand how you can kind of get spooked by a number. :D

blacklightmike

Mine is from a love of assonance... strung together, rhyming vowel bits... and the song "Bright Light Fright" by Aerosmith. is also my company.

Fenway
Mine's boring...part of my first name Gretchen, initial of my (now) maiden name Overbaugh. When I was trying to get my first Hotmail account a million years ago, it was surprisingly difficult to get an account name with Gretchen in it that was unique.

But I think it's pretty fun finding out more about some of the folks on the forum - I know there's someone here from Medford, MA (I used to live in Woburn so we were neighbors), and for Evermont, I couldn't agree with you more about VT - I used to ski there every winter in the 90s when I lived in the Boston area (yes I was one of those jerks from MA) - we'd get a small house near Sugarbush. I get so homesick for New England sometimes, but am also enjoying Mid-MO.

I'm another Gretchen, originally from Rhode Island. Now living in Michigan, and also very homesick for New England.

The very first baseball game I ever attended, when I was 8, was at Fenway Park. Thus the name.

orange81bird

Let me see.

Orange is the color of my first car.

81 is the year of my first car.

bird is the type of my first car (Firebird Trans Am)

It's also my first screen name used on the internet.

EazyE77

The first part of my forum name is a nickname I've had for as long as I can remember but it began being spelled EasyE and just over the years transitioned to EazyE and the 77 is the last two numbers of the year I was born 1977.

ShottleBop
Hahaha...no, it is nothing "dirty," I am totally not that kind of person :)

here u go: Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (1985) (TV)

If you google them as two separate words "fingle" "dopple" the movie comes up then. Don't say I didn't warn anyone tho, it is seriously the worst movie ever.

Are you sure? Have you ever seen "Shock Treatment" (the sequel to "Rock Horror Picture Show")?

My nick comes from one of my favorite stories, by Theodore Sturgeon (one of my favorite authors): "The Shottle Bop". It's about someone who is given a great gift, and misuses it.

Nifr

Mine is just a nickname for my name JenNIFer Growing up my nickname was Nifer or Nif. Nif isn't always available and my last initial is R - So Nif R. Way to many Jennifer's and variations thereof in the world so it's a little different and enough to confuse some people :)

adiantum

Mine was from the maiden hair fern I had growing in a pot beside the computer when I was searching for a name.

Adiantum aethiopicum

Phonelady61

Mine is from where i used to work and my birth year . I used to be a phone operator for gte . long since gone from there but the name just sort of stuck .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.