Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

pandeia

pandeia is the greek goddess of the full moon and morning dew...my two favorite things everrrrr...nighttime and early morning =D

techman

Mine has been used for the last 20 plus years of using the internet it is based on my original Job title which was Theatre Technician this Job title has now changed numerous times over the years and is now Operating Department Practitioner.:)

Basey

On friday nights, a bunch of us get together and jam in my garage, been doing that for about 12 years. The electric bass is my main instrument.

lgvincent

First name is Lowell, that's why the L, middle name is Gene, that explains the G and if you guessed my last name is Vincent that should tell you how I got mine.

Busy Betty

I selected the name Betty after a lady I work with. She is very down to earth, a hard worker and an all around nice person who always has a great outlook on life. I admire her and strive to be more like her.

The Busy comes from me being busy in general, but also I think I have just been too "busy" with life to pay attention to diabetes. Now with the help of DF I am trying to be less "busy" and more aware of my health.

Noturningback

Noturningback came from a CD entitled No Turning Back by Out of Eden. They are a contemporary christian group. However, I find those words to be profound even if you take the faith out of the statement. It can apply to many things in life and it does for me and diabetes.

~Danielle

genie86333

My niece couldn't say my real name, Margene, when she first started talking - it came out "Genie" - my sis told her hubby that when he came home from work & he said "That's cute, I'm going to start calling her that too." and he did. The rest is history. Now my niece tells people she named me.

sable_032592

well, my real name is "isabelle" and back in the 80s, i started writing (books, stories, scripts, poems, screenplays, etc...) and i needed a pen name, and came up with sable (st.james), so that's why the sable (though most people call me sable now anyways) and the numbers are when i was diagnosed...

sable_03(march)25(25th)92(1992)...

BigcityRich

I grew up in Los Angeles, lived in San Diego, Cincinnati and now Spokane. Bigcity fit well while in CA, but now its funny. Rich is short for my first name. I am sure folks look at my handle and then immediatly see where I am from.

I'm sure not many people even know where Spokane is. lol

TeachinNV

Hi all...

Very interesting name origins. Most are much more interesting than mine.

I'm a teacher in Nevada ~~ so, TeachinNV. I use it for almost everything I need a username for.

Lori

pbmax

pbmax - was a competitor to the reeses cup in the early 90's.

as happens pb are my 1st and last initials.... So it was a easy handle to remember, have been using the handle ever since it 1st tried one. Back in the earthlink days on a 14.4 modem...yeashhhhh... When I found out i was a type 2 it really seemed to fit to have a candy bar name as a handle... funny o me any way...

HuskerMychal

Mine is because my first name is Mychal and I am a Die hard never look back Nebraska Cornhusker fan.

the quotes come from willy wonka :T

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

:cool:

alicat61

:) Hi

Ali is what my friends call me

Alicat as when my nephews where younger they called me this

and it was my 1st email name

the 61 is the year I was born

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.