Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

Cheese

Newbie here..so I'll jump in and tell you about CHEESE.

First, that isn't the real online forum name that I use everywhere...I use Cheesecake, but..it felt that was a terrible nickname for a low carb type forum...soooo I cut it in half.

Cheesecake came from my kids back in the 70s when we had CB radios out here on the farm and in the 18 wheelers.....I needed a handle, and was always on a diet..and I hated to eat Cheesecake..so they named me that so I wouldn't get hungry when someone hollered for me on the frequency.

Booooooring. :rofl:

At least most of you have unique and interesting nicknames. :D

Mom22weewuns

Mine's easy. I'm a mom to two small children, who are now 5 and 7. When I first started using "mom22weewuns", they were 1 and 3. I alternate between that and "ellieranc" which is my first name and the first four letters of my last.

UltiMica06

Mine is based off my car..I own a 2006 Scion tC.

Ulti - Ultimate

Mica - Flint MIca is the car color

06 - 2006

Shubert

Shubert is my last name (Kyle being my first). I know, original huh? However, you should see the names I have used in other places. The name I used for my World of Warcraft character (below) is from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. I also had another character that I actually named Diabetic... I got some interesting conversations from some people about it.

GotaBeUSMC

Anyone want to share the origin of their forum name?

Well...over 20 years ago I was playing around online and a US Marine sent me an instant message after reading my profile asking, "So, Gota be USMC to talk to you?" because nearly all of my interests were military. I just like the sound of it...so it stuck.

*My late husband and my dad were both force recon Marines.

Mindstorm

I have used this as my forum/online name since I got the Lego Mindstorms kit when it came out so many years ago.

I've kept the name just because I kinda like the sound of it and cherish the memories of fiddling around with dumb little robots that banged into things (as i programmed them to do, haha) at my parents' house.

Maying

Well, my mom's Filipino and they're notorious for coming up with weird nicknames for their children. :) Maying (pronounced My-ing) was my nickname since I was a toddler.

Janlaton

My handle is simply my first name and my second given name. I have 5 given names plus a married name. Could not be bothered to come up with anything else.

wiccacoolmom

Umm, I'm investigating Wicca, & my kids always call me the cool mom because I love heavy metal...& one of the items on my bucket list is to see Marilyn Manson in concert.

e||ement

mine is from when i was doing my undergrad in biochem. i used this alias on the university computer system, but added the extra "|" to make it more feminine.

reefedjib

When sailing out of Boston Harbor one evening, we were headed back in and the winds built up to 36 knots. We were getting blown sideways along with everyone else. I noticed the jib had reefing points so I crawled up to the foredeck, bouncing with the waves and riding out the gusts, just getting soaked by spray. I had two straps that I managed to use to get the reefs put in. We put in two reefs on the mainsail and tested the helm. It was rock solid! We started cruising about 7.5 knots back toward our slip. Everyone else was just hopeless - they were dropping their jibs or trying to balance their helms without broaching to little effect. We blew past all of them. It just takes the right set of sails to weather any storm! Hence reefedjib

dbaratta
I've seen a lot of interesting handles on this site - I'm curious about the origins of many.

Anyone want to share the origin of their forum name?

I'll start - mho357 was the user ID that my very first ISP (Internet America) bestowed upon me. Pretty dull - huh?

Mark

I am boring, dbaratta is just my name, but my signature is "poppy" and is a nickname one of my friends gave me. Poppy after the flower....or does he think I am a dope addict? LOL:D

Jae

I decided to use my real name "jae" and skip the usual s/n I use all the time of "Huggy Skunk" because after being a huggy skunk for 10 years I just needed a change?

plattb1

Mine is the user name assigned to me by my university. It's my last name, first initial, & the number signifies that I'm the only one with this last name! Pretty prosaic, actually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.