Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mho357

What is the origin of your forum name?

lexdfox

mine is just an old thing i made up when i got my first email, has some symbolic things in it:

lex - a nickname i was given when my friend decided to say everyones name without the first letter (mine being alex, thus lex) and it stuck

dfox - short for desertfox, and im not talking WW2 desertfox (although that was my battlefield 1942 sn :) ) i thought that up because i love the desert and at the time i had a fox racing jersey (lame, but it had a ring to it)

thus, lexdfox

Ed B

Mine is very imaginative

My first name is Ed and my last name starts with a B.

Consistant with that sort of imagination and creativity, I only recognize three flavors of (sugar free) ice cream: Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry. When I am feeling crazy I step out and get some chocolate almond. ;)

telizas

Mine isn't terribly creative either, though everyone thinks its something really special. Its a mash-up of my name:

Tia Elizabeth S_____________ = telizas

I tried to change it when I got married, but telizaw just doesn't have the same flow....

genie86333
I do not usually believe in signs or strange things that seem to happen to people, but....the number 1111, is one that seems to be around when something important happens in my life. My son was born at 11:11, I took him home from the hospital on November the 11th. I came home from the hospital after "dying" on November 11. Much more, but I understand how you can kind of get spooked by a number. :D

I know this is an old post but just saw it & had to respond.

Penny...I'm the same way - don't believe in signs or "luck" but there's just something about 1111 - It's come up so many ways & times that when my best friend told me he was moving away (wanted me to come with but I wouldn't leave my job) & was leaving on Nov 11, I just knew it wouldn't happen. LOL. Sure enough...the move got postponed til the next year & 2 months before he was going to move I found out my company was closing just days before he was moving...so I moved with him.

When I learned to ride a motorcycle, I had 2 accidents while learning...about gave up (even though the 2nd one wasn't my fault) but decided to give it one more try despite broken ribs - the bike I was given to ride then had a broken odometer - and it was stuck at 1111 miles. As soon as I saw that...I knew I'd get my license that day.

Penny
I know this is an old post but just saw it & had to respond.

Penny...I'm the same way - don't believe in signs or "luck" but there's just something about 1111 - It's come up so many ways & times that when my best friend told me he was moving away (wanted me to come with but I wouldn't leave my job) & was leaving on Nov 11, I just knew it wouldn't happen. LOL. Sure enough...the move got postponed til the next year & 2 months before he was going to move I found out my company was closing just days before he was moving...so I moved with him.

When I learned to ride a motorcycle, I had 2 accidents while learning...about gave up (even though the 2nd one wasn't my fault) but decided to give it one more try despite broken ribs - the bike I was given to ride then had a broken odometer - and it was stuck at 1111 miles. As soon as I saw that...I knew I'd get my license that day.

It is strange and I still don't believe in signs, but google the number 1111 and see how many people have the same things happen.

reefedjib
It is strange and I still don't believe in signs, but google the number 1111 and see how many people have the same things happen.

I'm bipolar and went through a serious manic phase about 3 years ago. 1111 played heavily in that experience. Whenever I would look at the clock it would be exactly 1:11 or 11:11 and certian events took place. Although that was ultimately a bad experience for me, 11:11 was always a good sign, like God was looking over me.

patitodehule

I don't know why, but "Rubber Ducky" was one of the nicknames bestowed on me in grade school. Guess I was kind of a wuss.

In one of the Harry Potter novels, Mr. Weasley asked Harry "What is the function of a rubber ducky?" In the Spanish edition which I happened to read first it came out «¿Cómo funciona un patito de hule?» I kind of chuckled at the translation and I've used it as a handle ever since.

Jim H

Well, My name is James and my surname starts with a H. The first forum I joined there was already a James H and JJ was too short, so I stuck with Jim H. I am Jim H on 2 car forums and Jay J on another forum.

Simples :D

Moonpie

our youngest cat is called Moonie, as we found her in the gutter on a full moon. I think she is as sweet as pie, so hence Moon pie

princesslinda
our youngest cat is called Moonie, as we found her in the gutter on a full moon. I think she is as sweet as pie, so hence Moon pie

And here I thought you were named after a favorite southern treat..."moonpies" around here are chocolate covered graham cracker sandwich with marshmallow cream between them...mmmm!"

jerryn
I've seen a lot of interesting handles on this site - I'm curious about the origins of many.

Anyone want to share the origin of their forum name?

I'll start - mho357 was the user ID that my very first ISP (Internet America) bestowed upon me. Pretty dull - huh?

Mark

Mine = first name + last initial

stupidpancreas

I was feeling a little sorry for myself, like no one understood what I was going through having diabetes. One day I was surfing the web and came across this forum...It was a relief to find somewhere I could go where people understand. I came up with the name partly because I was hating my pancreas at the time, but also because I thought it was funny. I still curse my pancreas once in awhile, but I also chuckle a little every time I log on here.

Franimal

Mine's simply because my name is Fran, I play(ed) drums and had long hair (it's short now) and I love Animal from the Muppets... so I got nick-named Franimal and it stuck! I'm still a big kid at heart so I still use it :)

Marshmallow W

I heard Brenda Lee's version of A Marshmallow World and really enjoyed it. That was several years back.

It's a marshmallow world

In the winter

When the snow

Comes to cover the ground

It's the time for play

It's a whipped cream day

I wait for it all year round

Those are marshmallow clouds

Being friendly

In the arms

Of the evergreen trees

And the sun is red

Like a pumpkin head

It's shining

So your nose won't freeze

The world is your snowball

See how it grows

That's how it goes

Whenever it snows

Just for a song

Get out and roll it along

It's a yum-yummy world

Made for sweethearts

Take a walk

With your favorite girl

It's a sugar date

What if spring is late

In winter

It's a marshmallow world

See how it grows

That's how it goes

Whenever it snows

Just for a song

Get out and roll it along

It's a yum-yummy world

Made for sweethearts

Take a walk

With your favorite girl

It's a sugar date

What if spring is late

In winter

It's a marshmallow world

In winter

It's a marshmallow world

In winter

It's a marshmallow world

The only problem is I registered and then realized we shouldn't be talking about sugar, marshmallows, and whipped cream! :eek::D

Alan S

Pretty basic really. It's my name.

I didn't post my full surname on the web until I had to for dLife; now it's not a secret but I still just use Alan S, or sometimes Alan, T2, Australia on every forum or group I am on where logins allow. Some require a _ instead of a space so occasionally I'm alan_s too.

Delphinus

Peter's reply in another thread prompted me to finally hit this thread.

I started using Delphinus Minor years ago. Which means "Little Dolphin".

As some will know, it is Latin.

I found every time you signed up somewhere, or for an email, alot of the nicks and names were in use and I am not one to add digits, or anything like that, to the tail end of of my user names.

So, I decided to try some Latin names and phrases, and found rarely anyone used even simple Latin words for user names.

In my head, that was a score. I used Latin for everything, and one nick stuck, and yes I am a fan of dolphins, the marine animal, not the team. :D

I used Delphinus Minor for the most part, but the odd forum would truncate longer nicks, so I started to use just Delphinus.

Everyone called me Del(And of course my first name) anyway, so I changed it to Del. Much shorter.

I also feel my nicks are/were friendly and approachable, and I am a people person, so it's an angle that works for me.

I would have used Del here as well, but it is already spoken for.

I originally started using my nick in around 1995, after switching from "Bugz Bunny". I simply dropped the "S" and replaced it with a "Z" to be somewhat creative. Haha...

Bugz Bunny I started using on forums and BBS's when I was 14, which was in 1985, so of course, the nick would reflect my age somewhat. :T

When I turned 18, I got Bugz' head tattooed on my right arm, with a scroll under it that reads "Bugz".

That's pretty much the story of my nicks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.