Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumper

A forum for bodybuilders with diabetes

Would you like to see an Exersise Suforum for Bodybuilding?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Exersise Suforum for Bodybuilding?

pumper

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've had T1D for about 16 years and just recently started on the pump w/CGM this past December - and absolutely love it.

I've been bodybuilding on and off (mainly off recently...) for the last 10 years.

I'm currently trying to get back into bodybuilding. I've always found that there is very little information out there about diabetes and bodybuilding.

So, I was thinking that we should start a forum on "All about diabetes and bodybuilding" to discuss the issues specific to diabetes and bodybuilding - things like its impact on insulin use (ie lowered, higher, basal rate changes), types of bodybuilding diets and the impact on blood sugars, supplements, ability to loose weight and get cut, ability to put on muscle mass, etc... In addition, this could be a great forum for mutual support. Any comments, help, discussion from anyone would be great.

So, considering that there are already a number of diabetic bodybuilders on this forum, why not pool the incrediable amout of experience, knowledge and wisdom about bodybuilding and diabetes.

Anyone willing to join in?

BlueSky
Hidden

I think there would be too much of an overlap with the Exercise forum, where broader diabetes/exercise issues are discussed. My guess is that there aren't enough bodybuilders here to make a separate forum worthwile. For input on specific diabetes-friendly bodybuilding issues, you would probably do better at Untitled Document. ;)

pumper
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've had T1D for about 16 years and just recently started on the pump w/CGM this past December - and absolutely love it.

I've been bodybuilding on and off (mainly off recently...) for the last 10 years.

I'm currently trying to get back into bodybuilding. I've always found that there is very little information out there about diabetes and bodybuilding.

So, I was thinking that we should start a forum on "All about diabetes and bodybuilding" to discuss the issues specific to diabetes and bodybuilding - things like its impact on insulin use (ie lowered, higher, basal rate changes), types of bodybuilding diets and the impact on blood sugars, supplements, ability to loose weight and get cut, ability to put on muscle mass, etc... In addition, this could be a great forum for mutual support. Any comments, help, discussion from anyone would be great.

So, considering that there are already a number of diabetic bodybuilders on this forum, why not pool the incrediable amout of experience, knowledge and wisdom about bodybuilding and diabetes.

Anyone willing to join in?

By "Forum"... I really meant a Thread...

I don't think that bodybuildiing and diabetes deserves its own forum - but a good thread would be great.

Obviously, bodybuilding has a bad rap...with the drugs and all. But, in its purest form (ie "natural"), bodybuilding is all about increasing muscle mass (which makes you more insulin sensitive) and decreasing % bodyfat (which also makes you more insulin sensitive). So, for a person with diabetes, this is a magic combination... This is where I'm coming from...

pumper
How about you start a Thread. Then we can make it stick at the top and see what comes up?

OK - so how do I do this???

Do, I just leave the current posting as is?

or

Do, I just start up a new thread?

Harold
OK - so how do I do this???

Do, I just leave the current posting as is?

or

Do, I just start up a new thread?

Start a New thread would be best. Suggest a title of Dedicated to Bodybuilding or something along that line. In the body of your post make a list of things or aspects pertaining to that you would like to discuss. When I see it, or one of the other mods, will then make it a sticky and it will stay at the top of the thread. When you or the mods see a post in it that is off topic you can inform us or if we see it first we can either delete it or move it or make it a thread starter, which ever seems appropriate.

pumper
Start a New thread would be best. Suggest a title of Dedicated to Bodybuilding or something along that line. In the body of your post make a list of things or aspects pertaining to that you would like to discuss. When I see it, or one of the other mods, will then make it a sticky and it will stay at the top of the thread. When you or the mods see a post in it that is off topic you can inform us or if we see it first we can either delete it or move it or make it a thread starter, which ever seems appropriate.

Ok-thanks. I'll do that ASAP.

someone
Hidden

There doesn't need to be a forum for every topic. It just makes the site much harder to navigate. While we're at it, why not make novolog, humalog and lantus forums too?