Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mich

Alpha Lipoic Acid--ALA: A report

Mich

I've posted on here before about ALA and its positive effects on my nueropathy. I take 300mg of sustained release almost daily (I forget sometimes.) I had to switch to the sustained release from the cheap capsules because of stomach irritation.

Recently I forgot to take my vitamins along with me for an eight day trip. I didn't think much about it and like the frog in boiling water story, I didn't notice numbness creeping up in my fingers. By the end of the trip, my thigh cramps were starting to return and my fingers were frequently "asleep." Yikes!

As soon as I got home, I took two of the 300mg tablets. Instant results. By the time a few hours had passed, all of my symptoms had disappeared. I won't forget it next trip!

Just a reminder for those of you who haven't tried it, it's worth a go. Its already been used in Germany interveinously to "cure" neuropathy.

Mich

mzteacher

mich,

thanks for the message...i will try it! i am constantly amazed at what i learn here. and how generous every one is in sharing information..i read it before..purchased it...and forgot..because of hating to take all this stuff...but this is worth it to try....again many thanks ...i will let you know h ow it workd for me!

susan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.