Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tashia

Does anyone have a child who developed after...

Tashia

The Mother had Gestational Diabetes? Just wondering because I had G.D. and went to the hospital with symptoms of Ketoacidosis, I did however have good control after my stay. But I recently read that 8% of all children born from mothers with GD get Diabetes themselves? Scary thought!

princesslinda

I do know of some diabetics whose mom had gestational diabetes...my mom was diagnosed after the birth of my younger sister, so she probably had it in that pregnancy and just didn't know (was a long time ago and they probably didn't check as much as now)....but I'M the one who lucked out with diabetes, not her. My brother in law's mother had gestational diabetes and his father was T2....he had 2 brothers that were T1 and he and the other brother were T2.

Your daughter will have a good chance of developing T2 at some point in her lifetime, but she also stands an excellent chance of delaying this by emulating the healthy lifestyle you are now leading in front of her.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.