Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

h2o_fanatic

Might be Pregnant

h2o_fanatic

Hey all, I haven't been around but I'm back.

I might be pregnant and wanted to ask your advice, what should i be doing and not doing while I wait for the results from the doctor. I will know next Thursday for sure but just to be safe.

Thanks ahead of time.

morrisma

What you should do is a wide open question.

Dance, sing, shop for baby stuff (don't buy, just shop!), read up on diabetes & pregnancy so you'll have some idea of the extra stuff you might be doing. At the very least you should get a script for extra test strips.

Stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking, limit processed foods, all the usual good health rules.

Just breathe normally....

birdyland

They had me start eating 6 times a day right away.... you need to get in touch with a nurse/nutritionist/diabetic educator and see if they offer a diabetic pregnancy class or appointment and really learn how things will change. Watch out for morning highs and unexpected lows. My first low EVER was about two days before my positive test, at 59 - I have had two of those since!

Good luck!

h2o_fanatic

Thanks for the advice, turns out I'm not but I will keep in mind about the low sugar for the future when we actually plan to have kids.

volleyball

I suggest you start on getting in the best shape you can before you do get pregnant. It will make it easier to maintain than do all that work to improve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.