Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fgummett

"Baby" Aspirin

fgummett

Found out something weird this weekend... my local supermarket has a pharmacy section but on Sunday afternoons when the Pharmacist is not there, certain sections of pills are shuttered off. Yesterday (Sunday) I went into re-stock my daily Aspirin 81mg low-dose pills... couldn't find them... 325mg or even 500mg Aspirin no problem, but 81mg no joy :eek: So today I asked a Pharmacist... it seems that so many Doctors still refer to these pills as, "Baby Aspirin" that they can only be sold when the Pharmacist is on duty, in case people mistakenly think they can give them to babies :T

---

And of course we ALL know that no-one under the age of 12 should take Aspirin

bkburns

Bizarro. At my local Walmart and Walgreens I can just pick them off the shelf, regardless of whether the pharmacist is there.

rzrbks

So, Canada still has "Blue Laws?"

Was a day when many places here in the States did too.

A blue law is a type of law in the United States and Canada designed to enforce moral standards, particularly the observance of Sunday as a day of worship or rest. Most have been repealed, declared unconstitutional or are simply unenforced, although prohibitions on the sale of alcoholic beverages, and occasionally almost all commerce, on Sundays are still enforced in many areas. Blue laws often prohibit an activity only during certain hours and there are usually exceptions to the prohibition of commerce, like grocery and drug stores. In some places blue laws may be enforced due to religious principles, but others are retained as a matter of tradition or out of convenience.[1]

Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scrabblechick

Heck, my town still has blue laws! No alcohol sales on Sunday. Doesn't matter to me, since I don't drink.

What irks the stew out of me is when I really need some good cold medicine with the pseudoephedrine, since it actually WORKS, and can't get it unless the pharmacist is there, because of all the druggies buying it in bulk to cook into meth. Grrr. I have to sign a sheet and show my ID to get a box of sinus medicine. I know meth is bad stuff, and extremely dangerous and all, but I still want to be able to buy my Sudafed without asking "please" from the pharmacist!

RobiJo
Heck, my town still has blue laws! No alcohol sales on Sunday. Doesn't matter to me, since I don't drink.

What irks the stew out of me is when I really need some good cold medicine with the pseudoephedrine, since it actually WORKS, and can't get it unless the pharmacist is there, because of all the druggies buying it in bulk to cook into meth. Grrr. I have to sign a sheet and show my ID to get a box of sinus medicine. I know meth is bad stuff, and extremely dangerous and all, but I still want to be able to buy my Sudafed without asking "please" from the pharmacist!

Especially when there is a long line and all you need is the darn box on the other side!!!

notme
Especially when there is a long line and all you need is the darn box on the other side!!!

Oh isn't that the truth. Or you go to the pharmacy on a Sunday and can't buy test strips or baby aspirin because the pharmacy is closed.

However, in California, you can buy liquor at the grocery store and EVEN on a Sunday. :T

jerseygirl

Hi .. where I am I can buy 81mg aspirin and all otc drugs all of them are located right in the regular aisles...however, I use coke syrup for naseau and that is locked up in the pharmacy, not sure why or what can be made with it thats illegal..go figure

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.