Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah91

Ivf

jazzcat

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply and congratulations.

I am checking my bs tonight or this morning at 3am my doctor thinks I may be having lows during the night.

I had my first hcg shot on Friday and will have my second tomorrow, my transfer will be friday.... Fingers crossed!

weezer

hi every1

glad to hear you're doin so well sarah. congrats to mazea, you 2 will have a lovely christmas with your little bundles!

jazzcat...it's fab to find a forum like this ain't it! it's hard enuf bein type 1 and pregnant let alone type 1 who can't get pregnant! good luck, keep us posted on your progress.

well i'm almost there, i STILL can't believe IVF worked and there will be a baby at the end of the rainbow. i'm nearly 36 weeks and due to a massive growth spurt and all the associated problems with that - have been booked in for CS 30/12 instead of the nice 38 wk induction i was expecting! all my HBA1Cs been in the 5 regions, growth scans average, until @32 weeks she had a bit of a growth spurt - but everything was average apart from abdominal circumference which was only a little bit above. as a precaution was booked in for 34 wk scan - everythin was off the charts! too much fluid as well. 7lb 8, decision to do CS, so took me in for steroid injections last week to develop her lungs. that sent my BS soaring - they had forgotten to tell me to adjust my already massive insulin intake to double after each steroid jab!

bit scared, i don't know how this happened, 7 yrs ago my little boy was induced @38 wks and was 7lb 1, no abnormal growth, all v average. i thought my BS was doin well, but must have had a few spikes to have caused this.

o well, i am counting the days down....this time nxt week i hope i'm holding my baby girl in my arms and i can only hope she's ok.

keep you posted!

weezer xxx

sarah91

Wow Weezer that's amazing.

I wish you all the best, you must be so excited.

Amy had an above average abdominal circumference but at 8 lb 11 oz was not that big.

Good luck hun and keep us posted on all your developments.

Any other news from anyone????

ArmyWife73

Hi... I actually did a search to see if other Type 1's had done or considered IVF. I found this forum site. I had a tubal after I had my son, who is 4 y/o now. My husband is young and would like another child. I put him off for a year and a half. I finally consented to him before everything dried up in there. I am a bit scared but I hope that the military will do it for me.:love:

weezer

she's here safe & sound! daisy delaney joy norton arrived @9.36am on 30/12/09 weighing in at 6lb 15oz NOT the heffalump they thought she'd be! (2 weeks prior, the growth scan said 7lb 8!) i thought i was lookin at a 9-10lber. i did have polyhydramnios tho, and there was TONS of fluid.

she's perfect! i'm in love. blood sugars have been pretty perfect since coming home, and i'm healing real well from the c-section.

daisy's BS dropped a couple of times and had to have a drop of formula to get her back up.

i can hardly believe it, feels like a miracle after all these years of yearning.

good luck to all the hopeful IVFers - being diabetic is hard work as it is, it's even harder when you're trying to get pregnant all the time, knowing you need to be as perfect as poss at ALLLLL times. but the payoff is unbelievable.

weezer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah91

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge congratulations to you and your family.

Welcome to the world Daisy.

Love to you both .

Sarah & Amy

xxxx

sarah91

Hi Girlies

How are you all?

Anyone going through the IVF process at the moment? I hope this thread has been a godd source of information for you.

My little Amy is now 6 1/2 months old, it goes so quickly.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Sarah

xxx

Mokeyh

Hey there, Congratulations Sarah, Mazea and Weezer.

I posted about 15 months ago when I was just getting my pump, My HbA1c has come down from 9.8 to 7.6% (still looking to improve, perhaps it will be better at my next appointment as I am testing and treating any highs quite aggressively and I am also back on Metformin. Fingers X'ed.

I know it's not IVF but I started clomid in January and have had 2 very long cycles which didn't result in OV (57 and 64 days respectively). Last cycle they think perhaps I had a ruptured cyst :s: because I swelled up like I was pregnant, in fact my friend said it looked like I had OHSS (it wasn't btw).

Any how I am in the middle of my third cycle of Clomid at 150mg and finally!!! despite it developing late, I do actually have 1 follicle this time. I have just taken a trigger shot of Pregnyl, I know it's possible to achieve a pregnancy but I have been warned not to expect too much :dong: .

Has anyone taken HCG (Ovitrel or Pregnyl) in their treatments and did it affect your BG? I also have a funny metallic taste in my mouth :confused:

mazea

HI Mokeh H.

I'm looking in my records ( I kept records of my insulin changes during IVF aren't I studious lol) and it said I took synarel and puregon. On day 2 of the drugs, I had a huge drop and hypo in my blood sugars and had to drop my insulin in half. Then on day 11, my insulin doubled again. But I don't think it would be the same for you. I found it helpful to get up at 3.00am to make sure my blood sugar was ok and I also found that I had a rollercoaster on the IVF drugs but managed it all still all the same. I did not have a reaction to HCG.

sarah91

Hello all

It's been a very long time since I posted on this site but I've have just been reading through some of my posts when I began my Ivf journey in February 2009 and it brings tears to my eyes. Remembering the emotions I went through, the ups and down and having so much support from everyone on here.

My baby girl is one years old on Tuesday 19th October and I suppose I'm feeling very emotional.

I'm planning a party, 10 kids, 30 adults, it has cost me a fortune with balloons, party bags, a gorgeous cake but my baby girl is worth it.

Good luck to all you who are trying to concieve at the moment, my thoughts are with every one of you every day.

Take care

xxx

Cat1678

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Missouri and 32yrs and have a ohnery 7yr son! I have read all of the post and I have laughed/cried/sobbed!Congrats to Sarah,Mazea,Weezer and all the rest who have experienced the wonderful technology of IVF together!I married a great guy 9-19-09!He was a virgin at 30..lol Where does a girl find one of those at such an age!!Shhh..he doesn't like me telling that but I thinks it's wonderful!Anyways, I wanted to give him his own bundle of joy to love and I had my tubes tied/burned, bad news!I have been trying to get my Hba1c down since April, having a terrible time, it was 12 and now down to 8.3, the ivf dr. turned me away last wk until I'm under 7 or below before I can proceed.I have begged for the pump but they wont let me have that either until I have been under control for 2mths, feels like an eternity!I feel like giving up, but all of you have inspired me to keep trying!I am so discouraged and don't know what else to do to drop my sugar levels!!I have been testing 7x a day and taking 7 shots a day of humalog, 1unit per 8grams of carb, plus 42units of lantus a day! I have holes everywhere..lol! I feel like I'm not getting the help I need to control! Any advice for eating habits to get control! I had lots of complications w/my son while I was pregnant, but he was very healthy when born 6wks early, emergency c-section!

aiah23
Hello Everyone,

I'm from Missouri and 32yrs and have a ohnery 7yr son! I have read all of the post and I have laughed/cried/sobbed!Congrats to Sarah,Mazea,Weezer and all the rest who have experienced the wonderful technology of IVF together!I married a great guy 9-19-09!He was a virgin at 30..lol Where does a girl find one of those at such an age!!Shhh..he doesn't like me telling that but I thinks it's wonderful!Anyways, I wanted to give him his own bundle of joy to love and I had my tubes tied/burned, bad news!I have been trying to get my Hba1c down since April, having a terrible time, it was 12 and now down to 8.3, the ivf dr. turned me away last wk until I'm under 7 or below before I can proceed.I have begged for the pump but they wont let me have that either until I have been under control for 2mths, feels like an eternity!I feel like giving up, but all of you have inspired me to keep trying!I am so discouraged and don't know what else to do to drop my sugar levels!!I have been testing 7x a day and taking 7 shots a day of humalog, 1unit per 8grams of carb, plus 42units of lantus a day! I have holes everywhere..lol! I feel like I'm not getting the help I need to control! Any advice for eating habits to get control! I had lots of complications w/my son while I was pregnant, but he was very healthy when born 6wks early, emergency c-section!

Why don't you give us a day's worth of blood sugars, insulin doses, and notes on food and/or exercise (also stress levels)? Maybe we can take a look at that and make some suggestions for you...:)

Fawn

sarah91

Hi Cat

I'm glad you have found reading this thread helpful. There is so little information out there for diabetics with fertility problems.

All I can suggest from my experience is to test your sugar levels every 2 hours, keep a food diary of what you are eating/drinking and show it to your diabetic nurse.

From my experience, by showing them how determined you are to do this, they will see how hard you are trying and hopefully put you on the pump.

2 months does seem like a long time but keep focused on getting your sugars down and it will soon be here.

Wishing you all the luck in the world, keep us up to date.

Sarah

xxx

jazzcat

Hi,

I have no idea if anyone still reads here but I am sure the odd Type 1 will still google and hopefully this site will come up.

Finally on my second IVF cycle I am Pregnant :) today I am 20 weeks and 2 days... Still a long way to go but everything looking good so far. Trying to keep blood sugar down is a full time job and I am not always successful but I test atleast ten times a day and I see doctors pretty regularly but mostly it comes down to the testing!

Good Luck

sarah91

HUGE Congratulations!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you, keep us all updated on how things go. It's not easy controlling your sugars but regular testing like you are doing and regular check ups with the hospital is the best you can do for a healthy pregnancy.

Well done!

Sarah

xxx

HonnieM

Hi. I don't think I've ever been so relieved as to see this thread. I'm in the middle of my second cycle and really struggling with my bloods. I'm type one (35 yrs under my belt), desperately needle phobic and terrified. I underwent my first cycle in June 10 and was successful in getting pregnant. Sadly however not so successful at keeping my baby and the little one died 13 weeks into my pregnancy so here we are again.

Has anyone else struggled to get info and support for the diabetic element through this as I've been banging my head. I just want to know if it's normal to run high on buserelin/supra ur. Though I suspect the stress of going through ivf and the backdrop of losing my baby are all playing a part.

Help!! Can we really get pregnant and keep our baby with ivf and diabetes. There are so many hurdles.

Sighs.

aiah23
Hi. I don't think I've ever been so relieved as to see this thread. I'm in the middle of my second cycle and really struggling with my bloods. I'm type one (35 yrs under my belt), desperately needle phobic and terrified. I underwent my first cycle in June 10 and was successful in getting pregnant. Sadly however not so successful at keeping my baby and the little one died 13 weeks into my pregnancy so here we are again.

Has anyone else struggled to get info and support for the diabetic element through this as I've been banging my head. I just want to know if it's normal to run high on buserelin/supra ur. Though I suspect the stress of going through ivf and the backdrop of losing my baby are all playing a part.

Help!! Can we really get pregnant and keep our baby with ivf and diabetes. There are so many hurdles.

Sighs.

Sarah 91 recently did quite successfully, last posting around baby's 1st birthday. So you aren't the only one facing those hurdles. I am truly sorry for your loss at 13 weeks, that must've been heart-breaking beyond words. I have heard that many of the meds for your cycles/rounds shoot up blood sugars but I cannot speak from experience. Good luck and stay healthy :)

Fawn

HonnieM

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I hadn't even heard that re the drugs and keep asking the ivf nurses and diabetic nurses an neither gave me that information. I'm just a bit relieved that it's normal, and not something I'm doing wrong.

I need to make sure I do everything perfectly like last time (hba1c of 5.7% for first timester) so I can be as guilt free a possible if it goes wrong again.

And you are right-it's a heartbreak that never goes away. Especially painful at the moment going through it all again.

Fingers crossed

X

aiah23
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I hadn't even heard that re the drugs and keep asking the ivf nurses and diabetic nurses an neither gave me that information. I'm just a bit relieved that it's normal, and not something I'm doing wrong.

I need to make sure I do everything perfectly like last time (hba1c of 5.7% for first timester) so I can be as guilt free a possible if it goes wrong again.

And you are right-it's a heartbreak that never goes away. Especially painful at the moment going through it all again.

Fingers crossed

X

I didn't know the drugs would do that either until I read this particular sub-forum so that isn't info they make widely known, which is disconcerting in general. Sounds like you're well on your way.

I've had several friends who experienced miscarriages. I'm sorry that's also the case for you. It definitely doesn't go away but I'm sure that your experience will shape your family to be even stronger:)

Fawn

sam28

I'm so glad to find this forum...I have type 1 x 29 years and am about to start my second fresh IVF cycle. I did a fresh cycle in July and had a chemical preg, and then 2 frozen transfers were negative. I sure hope this cycle works! My doctors think that maybe if I get my HbA1c lower, it might help IVF to work. My last HbA1c was 6.2, but I guess they want it <6.0%. I'm having a hard time getting my HbA1c that low, but I think the main thing I need to watch is my diet and my post-prandial numbers. Does anyone have advice about foods that are good to keep blood sugars steady, or any advice in general about diabetes and IVF? Thanks!

Coppernob
Hi,

I have no idea if anyone still reads here but I am sure the odd Type 1 will still google and hopefully this site will come up.

Finally on my second IVF cycle I am Pregnant :) today I am 20 weeks and 2 days... Still a long way to go but everything looking good so far. Trying to keep blood sugar down is a full time job and I am not always successful but I test atleast ten times a day and I see doctors pretty regularly but mostly it comes down to the testing!

Good Luck

Jazzcat, I have only just seen your post and just wanted to add my congratulations. I am very happy for you and I hope that you are enjoying your pregnancy. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.