Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah91

Ivf

kestrel
Hi,

I have no idea if anyone still reads here but I am sure the odd Type 1 will still google and hopefully this site will come up.

Finally on my second IVF cycle I am Pregnant :) today I am 20 weeks and 2 days... Still a long way to go but everything looking good so far. Trying to keep blood sugar down is a full time job and I am not always successful but I test atleast ten times a day and I see doctors pretty regularly but mostly it comes down to the testing!

Good Luck

Congratulations! I am indeed an odd type 1 who just googled my way here. And I'm happy to have found it... I was just diagnosed as adult onset type 1 in December----as part of a fertility workup. I mean, I'm incredibly glad it got caught, and I didn't wind up in the hospital with DKA (my A1c was 11.5), but still. I am 39 years old, want to get pregnant, and am newly diagnosed: old AND diabetic! My reproductive endo wants me to go straight to ivf when my A1c is good enough.

jazzcat

Hi,

Sorry I have not been on here, the board moves kind of slowly and I forgot to see if anyone had responded.

My HBA1C at my first fertility appt was 8.9 (terrible I know) I went on a pump and went down to 7.2, in this pregnancy I was 6.8, and 6.3 and think I have little chance of going below 6 but I test regularly still and they are not unhappy with my bloods. My biggest challenge is the morning highs, they are crazy high and I have a huge basal and bolus to control it which always makes my sugars drop late morning.

I am over 30 weeks and everything looks good, I went for a scan today to check growth and baby is right on track, no extra growth, not under, no heart defects or spine problems and no excess fluid (all prevelant in type 1 diabetes pregnancies)..

I am having a c-section, just because it is safer for the baby and that is my priority.

Rachel

sarah91

Hi all

So happy this thread has been such a help to the new girls on here!

I do still read your comments and am very proud of you all for being so strong.

Jazzcat, any news?

love to you all

Sarah

medccccom
Hidden

medccc.com --- Chinese Medicine Doctor Specialize in IVF Acupuncture, Infertility, Miscarriages, Menopause, Chinese Medicine Gynaecology, P.C.O.S, Uterine Bleeding and Endometriosis. Dr. Christine Cui has vast experience and runs her clinic in St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.