Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archimeech

Don't Pay for a Glucometer unless you really want to(Not a Solicitation just FYI)

palefacegirl03

I called Accu Chek and asked about trying out the AccuChek Compact Plus, they are sending me one. I then called back and got my niece one sent out and also my cousin.

palefacegirl03

Between me , my neice and my cousin , we have got in the last few weeks, me 2 purple and 1 green contour, 1 nova max link and free softwear to load in to the computer, 1 accuchek compact plus with a total of 68 strips. I green One Touch mini and two of the breeze 2 meteres, (I just donated some of my excess of meters to Ipump, along with lancets and control solutions. My niece has recvd 1 puprle mini, one purple contour and the accu check compact plus.

I think my cousin has just recvd the contact plus.

His insurance is giving him hasals covering strips, so my niece and I gave him all the compact meters and the strips.

He only test twice a day so that will help him out alot, hopefully he can get the insurance coverage straightened out.

palefacegirl03
I haven't had much luck getting free meters lately. The last couple I have ordered from Diabetic Supplies Online - Diabetes Testing Supplies - American Diabetes Wholesale. $18 for a freestyle lite seems reasonable to me.

Someone,

I have a Freestyle Lite or Freedom lite, I used it with the 10 sample strips. Since I have no other strips for it, it has went in my collection box. If you would like it, I can send it to you.

Just send me a PM.

someone
Someone,

I have a Freestyle Lite or Freedom lite, I used it with the 10 sample strips. Since I have no other strips for it, it has went in my collection box. If you would like it, I can send it to you.

Just send me a PM.

I already ordered a couple. I just wanted to throw that link out there since they sell the meters for much less than stores ($18 compared to $70).

EeyoreButterfly

I got my Accuchek Aviva in the mail on Tuesday, which was really good because I left my Freestyle in my service fraternity meeting. I love the multiclix, I can't even feel it! The meter is easy enough to use and the strip takes the blood easier than my Freestyle Lite, but you only have five seconds to add more blood. I had to use three strips just to do one test. This is definitely going to be a back up meter only. I don't think I'll even buy strips for it.

I'm glad they sent it to me for free instead of me having to buy it to decide it's not for me.

Now, if my Ultra Mini in purple will get here, I'll be a happy camper. I plan to always keep it in my purse and use it as a back up meter if I forget my Freestyle, which happens more than it should.

For those who ordered the Ultra Mini on line, how long did it take? Both my Freestyle Lite and Accuchek Aviva came in two business days. It's been a few weeks since ordering the Ultra Touch Mini.

LoDeSp
I already ordered a couple. I just wanted to throw that link out there since they sell the meters for much less than stores ($18 compared to $70).

Just FYI: my local CVS (in Timonium, MD) currently has a deal for FreeStyle Lite (and several other) monitors -- they're free after mail-in rebate. This doesn't seem to be a nationwide campaign, because their website doesn't mention it. But it's a good way to get a free meter if they're running this promo in your area. (Of course, the strips still aren't free...)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation to CVS, other than getting some meds there. I'm just passing info along.

dougjgreen
Just FYI: my local CVS (in Timonium, MD) currently has a deal for FreeStyle Lite (and several other) monitors -- they're free after mail-in rebate. This doesn't seem to be a nationwide campaign, because their website doesn't mention it. But it's a good way to get a free meter if they're running this promo in your area. (Of course, the strips still aren't free...)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation to CVS, other than getting some meds there. I'm just passing info along.

This deal is in CVS' current weekly Ad circular in California. Actually, CVS are currently offerring similar deals on the NovaMax, Accu Chek Aviva, and Bayer Contour as well. All of these meters are on sale for between $9.99 and $29.99, with either Extra Bucks back or a Manufacturer's Rebate for the entire purchase price (other than sales tax).

My problem with the Freestyle Lite is that the Freestyle Lite Test Strips, along with OneTouch Ultra, are the most expensive of any brands outside of insurance coverage,

Euched

You can still get a free meter from the https://onetouch.orderpoints.com/ website. Basically if you put in that your insurance is 'Mutual of Omaha' and then select one of the meters in the box asking which meter you use currently, then you can pretty much have your pick of any of the meters that they offer. Select the meter you want on the 2nd page and then put in your information on the 3rd page and mine was sent 2 days after I filled out the website. They do not actually contact the insurance company to verify anything.

Euched

I thought I saw a link before for a free OneTouch Data Cable to plug into the UltraSmart meter, but I can not find the link. Does anybody have a link to a free data cable? The software is free but the cable is not.

Thanks.

terryok123

Here is offer for Free Software, Cable, Strips and Meter....

Nova Max™ . MyCareTeam

Nova Max® Blood Glucose Monitor patients, now you can track your blood glucose results and share them with your Diabetes Team! To take advantage of this special MyCareTeam™ offer:

Open any internet browser and go to MyCareTeam .

Click on ENROLL NOW, fill blanks. All information will be kept confidential.

Group Code: NOVAMAX08.

Click on Continue.

Next page, ACCEPT the Terms & Conditions.

Next page, click on I NEED A CABLE (if applicable) and select the one for your Nova Max monitor.

Last page, complete and press CONTI NUE. To sign up for Google Health™, go to [/url] . MyCareTeam™ is a Google Health™ integrated service.

the instructions are the website to get the meter:

Nova Maxª . Voucher for your Free Nova Max

Step 1: Please complete the following information below and click the Submit button.

Step 2: A new window will open with your voucher for a FREE Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitoring system.(Make sure to deactivate any pop-up blockers, as this offer requires a pop-up window).

Step 3: Print the voucher and take both your new prescription for the Nova Max Blood Glucose Monitoring

system and this voucher to your pharmacist. Don't forget, you may also ask your physician to call your prescription in and pick it up there.

Note: This offer is limited to one voucher per patient.

good luck...

terryok123
You can still get a free meter from the https://onetouch.orderpoints.com/ website. Basically if you put in that your insurance is 'Mutual of Omaha' and then select one of the meters in the box asking which meter you use currently, then you can pretty much have your pick of any of the meters that they offer. Select the meter you want on the 2nd page and then put in your information on the 3rd page and mine was sent 2 days after I filled out the website. They do not actually contact the insurance company to verify anything.

the link is broken to onetouch offer... here is NEW link... that seems to work for a FREE METER..

https://www.onetouch.orderpoints.com/

Order Your New Complimentary OneTouch® Blood Glucose Monitoring System in 3 Simple Steps

Your health care insurance company understands the importance of blood glucose testing. That's why they want you to choose the best meter available. Your health insurance company is pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your blood glucose monitoring system to a OneTouch® System, at absolutely no cost to you.

Kerstin

I was diagnosed a year ago and have been using the One Touch Ultra2...it works really well and the software was worth the $20 or so as it helps me keep track of things..and I can email my readings to my doctor. I got a free "Freestyle" and I felt like I was getting low so I tested it against the OneTouch. It read higher than the one touch, and I can kinda tell when I am getting low so I think the One Touch is more accurate...but I will keep the Freestyle as a backup..and it is smaller, so it will fit better when I use my small purse.

shellyj

yes we in canada can get the same deals like you in the us the diabetes class i went to give as a free meter or you can take a cupon to your drug store for a free meter or some it's buy the strips and get a free meter or call the company and they will some time send you a free as I'm vancouver it took a week for the aviva meter to come after I called roche thanks

palefacegirl03

There are some free meters and other diabetes related products here

https://www.healthyoutcomes.com/Home.aspx?d

You can get free diabetes related products from doing surveys on the Healthy Outcomes Reward site. You sign up and answer really easy stuff on diabetes and related products, watch short little movies and then they award you points that can be exchanged for free stuff, I have recvd a Relion A1c test, a

The TempTouch® is an infrared skin thermometer. We suggest patients, who have lost the feeling on their feet, take temperatures on the bottom of both feet each morning and compare these temperatures from spot to spot. If there is a difference in tempertures, it may be a early sign of infection .

I have also recvd 3 bottles of flavored water and I am waiting on some of the Dex4 glucose products.

https://www.healthyoutcomes.com/Home.aspx?d

palefacegirl03

I got some more stuff from the Healthy Outcomes site today.

april109.jpg

I think they have added a few new things, I know they now have the SPIbelt which is great for kids to use to put their pump and stuff in, so I bet it would work great for an adult too.

I ordered one, I think it will be great for when I am out walking and might not have pockets to put a meter and stuff in.

mortis505

I ordered the belt too. I also got the Renew, and the A1c kit. Waiting until my Dr appt on the 29th to use it.

Jay B

How often do the incentives change? It seems like no time before I earn points for ordering one of everything. Lots of good stuff available. Thanks!

goochsmooch

I'm not even sure what I'm going to propose is legal, what with how much these companies can gouge us for, but I am fortunate enough to have a fantastic benefits plan that pays for all my diabetic supplies. I have a stash of One Touch Ultra Mini blood glucose machines that I take just because they offer them with the purchase of 100 strips (plus I can litter my life with them and never be without!) If anyone can't get a free machine through the previously mentioned methods, I'll gladly ship you the meter for the cost of shipping. Just PM me and I'll we'll figure out the shipping.

And don't ask me how many times I've been tempted to sell the strips! At 100% profit I could make a tidy little side business for myself. Something just not right about profiting from someone's disease though.

hardingnerd
Something just not right about profiting from someone's disease though.

Isn't that what the companies are doing though?! XD

bro

just wondering about medical supply companies who say they provide testing materials at no expense. Any experiences?

cyberus
just wondering about medical supply companies who say they provide testing materials at no expense. Any experiences?

Listen closer .. *if* you have medicare/medicaid your testing supplies *may* etc etc

chris.marylu

I have a OneTouch Ultra Mini. How important is it that we (diabetics) have a back up glucometer?

Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.