Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archimeech

Don't Pay for a Glucometer unless you really want to(Not a Solicitation just FYI)

JasonJayhawk

If you're looking to try the Accuchek Aviva for "free", check your local Walgreens ad for this week (ends on the 15th of July, I believe).

My Walgreens is offering the Aviva for $40, and then there is a $40 mail-in-rebate (along with "$25 in coupons", which consists of a random selection of $5 off coupons for Multiclix lancets and $5 off a box of strips).

The silly thing is that they say, "SALE ON AVIVA STRIPS!!!! $95/100". My gosh, that's $1 a strip (minus 5 strips for random errors).

The last time this deal was offered a few months ago, I was surprised how quickly the $40 rebate check came (about 3 weeks).

Dennis

I did receive some meters free, but I also bought some really cheap by waiting for sales. I got several meters for $9.99 at Walmart and Walgreens. I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel like shlepping ONE meter all over the place. I have 1 at home upstairs, 1 downstairs, 1 at work, 1 at my parents' house and 1 in my gym bag.

If only the strips were so cheap and easy to get...

Dennis

someone

Does anyone know where I can get a free BD Logic monitor? I used to have the URL to a survey that you could fill out and get a free one. The URL I had came on a card in a box of BD pen needles, but I lost the card. Anyone know of something like this? Thanks.

jeggeman31
Does anyone know where I can get a free BD Logic monitor?

Let me know if that does not work, I have a still in the box one they sent me for whatever reason. I will mail it to you.

someone
Let me know if that does not work, I have a still in the box one they sent me for whatever reason. I will mail it to you.

It works, but you need a doctors prescription to redeem the coupon. :P

karen36

Wow... i didnt realise you all had to pay for your insulin. Here in the Uk i get my insulin on prescription for free. I am on Humalog 3 times a day and humlin I before bed. Any other item of medication what so ever i get for nothing as i have an exemption card for all medication etc because i am diabetic. I was thinking seriously of emigrating to the USA last year but the insurance etc did worry me....

jeggeman31
It works, but you need a doctors prescription to redeem the coupon. :P

If you want mine, just PM and I will mail it out.

someone

I ended up getting one for about $15. Just go to Walgreens, CVS or whatever, buy the BD Logic for $35 and send in the $20 rebate.

butterflykisses
Often times your Health insurance will offer certain ones for free. You have to ask, they won't tell you up front.

well, sometimes they won't. But Bluecross sent me a letter offering me the OneTouch Ultra, just send in the card and they'd send me the meter. I'm in total agreement about NOT paying for meters. There are just too many ways to get them for free. I watch all the big drugstores, Walgreens, CVC, etc, they have offers for free meters all the time. Sometimes I get them when they have a few strips, every one counts, just in case I need them..and it's a good way to try a meter if you're interested and your insurance pays for the strips, or you're paying out of pocket. Registering with at the different meter company websites might get your offers without asking to. I got a free Aviva and 50 strips recently from Accu-cheK. they contacted me through the mail, offering me the meter for free. I was surprised to get the strips too. A friend of mine got the same offer for the free meter. she was happy with her meter and wasn't really interested, til she found out I got the strips too. We both are using the meter, so sometimes it pays off for them to give the meter AND strips. Now a days, they don't always include strips, so even if you get the meter free you have to buy strips if you want to use it. When every penny counts you don't really want to spend money on something that you're not going to like. and they usually come with maybe 10 strips when they do...that's one days supply for me, I need a few days to know whether I really like it, compare it my other meter, etc. ;)

jeggeman31

A couple months ago I contacted each meter company and told them I wanted to change from my currant FreeStyle to another meter. I told them I tested 8-10 times a day, and if they wanted me to become a customer of theirs then they would need to provide me with a free meter and enough strips to test for a month. And they did provide it for me.

someone
A couple months ago I contacted each meter company and told them I wanted to change from my currant FreeStyle to another meter. I told them I tested 8-10 times a day, and if they wanted me to become a customer of theirs then they would need to provide me with a free meter and enough strips to test for a month. And they did provide it for me.

But I don't know if that will work if you are already on their customer list.. I guess I could just say I lost the meter, and if they don't give it to me, I will just switch to one that will give me a free meter.

jeggeman31
But I don't know if that will work if you are already on their customer list..

It did for me with Freestyle. I told them I lost mine and if they wanted to keep me as a 8 to 10 day a testing customer, then they would need to send me another meter.

Worth a shot !

JasonJayhawk

FYI, in the September Walgreens "Supersaver Catalog", they are selling the Accu-chek Aviva meter for $19, and then a $19 mail-in-rebate, making this a free item. Plus, you get 10% back if you have them apply the rebate to your Walgreens gift card (and they'll send you one if you don't have it).

Of course, you can always call Accu-chek and ask them to send you one, but this deal would be good for those who want an extra meter or don't feel like haggling for a free one.

butterflykisses
FYI, in the September Walgreens "Supersaver Catalog", they are selling the Accu-chek Aviva meter for $19, and then a $19 mail-in-rebate, making this a free item. Plus, you get 10% back if you have them apply the rebate to your Walgreens gift card (and they'll send you one if you don't have it).

Of course, you can always call Accu-chek and ask them to send you one, but this deal would be good for those who want an extra meter or don't feel like haggling for a free one.

Thanks for the heads up. I need a back up!

butterflykisses

I just came home from Walmart...they had the Aviva on sale for less than $18 and the Active for less than $5. Not sure about the Active, but you get up to a $40 rebate with Aviva plus some coupons. Great for back up meters when you already got a free one.

2high

I just recently got sent TWO new glucometers (work and home) as well as a pc download kit for free from a company called CareSens. They're great monitors, too!!!

In Australia, my insulin costs me $29.40 (aud) for 75 ml... about 3 months worth

JasonJayhawk
I just recently got sent TWO new glucometers (work and home) as well as a pc download kit for free from a company called CareSens. They're great monitors, too!!!

In Australia, my insulin costs me $29.40 (aud) for 75 ml... about 3 months worth

Hey Mate,

You might want to post how you did it, so anyone from Australia can follow the same procedure!

Dewey
oops... good point...

just go to http://www.caresens.com.au, and use the email link. Mark is happy to send one to anyone who is going to use it as their primary meter... I love mine!!!

I like this site....their meters are quite innovative! Too bad they're not available in the US! (D'oh! :damnmate: )

Another friend showed me a cool site/link. For those friends in Canada:

itest monitoring system

2high

If enough of you are interested, I'm happy to chat to Mark and see about the posibility of marketing Caresens in the US?? Its actually a Korean product, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It's seriously the BEST meter I have EVER used!!! And in 14 years, thats a pretty good thing!

trekbear

I was in Walgreens yesterday and noticed the Freestyle Flash was on sale or priced @ $9.99 That is a pretty good price and you don't have to mail in any rebates. But I do think there is a rebate on it as well. If not it's still a great deal.

Also, they have the Ultra Smart and Ultra 2 on sale for $29.99 (the ultra smart has a rebate of 20.00 and or a trade in rebate for 30.00, and the ultra 2 has a $30.00 rebate=free :) )

These deals were too good to not share... especially the Freestyle Flash for 10 bucks.

Cheers,

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.