Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archimeech

Don't Pay for a Glucometer unless you really want to(Not a Solicitation just FYI)

archimeech

It all depends on how you approach them. Be kind, curteous, but firm. Let them know that you are an educated customer and willing to switch to someone else. Also, the best way is to find out who your local sales rep is and deal with them. usually your doctor's office or diabetes educator can give you that info.

Well When I Sent an e-mail to one touch they never replied

and when called and told them how I use @ 200 test strips a month and would like to use there ultra smart they told me that I could look on the internet and find a good price and it comes with a 50.00 dollar rebate. I was sent a coupon for a free Meter from Accu-Chek and went with that.

My Experience with one touch was bad and could not understand why they did not hook me up to make more sales of their test strips?

terryok123

Join thousands of others who made the switch and made the BREEZE®2 Meter their very own. Upgrade now. The BREEZE®2 Meter helps simplify your life with diabetes in all these ways:

NEW! The BREEZE®2 Meter requires a tiny 1 microliter blood sample.

NEW! It's much faster: results in just 5 seconds!

The 10-Test Disc is easier. No individual strip handling!

Fewer steps and more confidence with No Coding™ technology.

And talk about simple! It works just like the BREEZE® Meter you already know.

So there's nothing new to learn. It even earned the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation®.

PLUS: You will also receive a FREE booklet, "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People with Diabetes" by Stephen Covey, along with your FREE meter when you order.

Still using the BREEZE® Meter?

Here's why you should upgrade now:

Your AUTODISC® Test Strips will soon be replaced by BREEZE®2 Meter 10-Test Discs. Avoid any interruption in your blood glucose testing. Click here and order your FREE BREEZE®2 Meter today!

Upgrade to your FREE BREEZE®2 Meter. Then enjoy another FREE advantage from Bayer!

Sign up for the free Bayer Easy C.A.R.E. program which includes newsletters, an exclusive website and recipes, tips and tools to help simplify your life with diabetes. Bayer Easy C.A.R.E. is an online community where you can share and connect with others.

Go to Bayer Easy C.A.R.E. >> Home and sign up for FREE. Join today!

Sincerely,

R.L. Szafranski

Director, Customer Service

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add info@bayer-dcdmail.com to your address book or approved senders list.

Please click here to review the Bayer HealthCare Privacy Policy

If you would like to receive future emails at a different email address, click here Email Change of Address

To unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please click here unsubscribe or call us at 1.800.266.1139

© 2008 Bayer HealthCare. All Rights Reserved. 555 White Plains Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591

Please do not reply to this email.

sowski143

Love them both!!! Still need to read up on them because I've been using my One Touch Ultra for 2 years now and I'm used to it...I tried the Aviva today and I didn't feel a thing when I drew blood...now that's what I call comfort!!!!!

Scrabblechick

Yeah, the Multiclix lancet pen with the Aviva is really a gift from God. I do love that little gadget. Here's a tip. You can use the same lancet more than once with the MC. Just don't turn the plunger. Just push it in for the next test and you'll get the same lancet. I use the same lancet about 10 times. LOL.

mho357

I used to change mine each time I used it until I found out it was okay to reuse - now I don't remember the last time I changed it.

Mark

sowski143

Yeah, I actually did that on "accident". I didn't really know how to use it, so I pushed it in and re-used one...then read the instructions where it said to twist the dial to get a new one....I'll only get a new one when it starts to get dull and hurt :T

DCaplinger

I don't go that long. I will use a lancet about 3 or 4 times before I twist the plunger. I have insurance, so my copay for the lancets is only $10 USD. I now have almost a full box extra. I plan to continue to fill on the soonest available date, and donating my extras to foundations that help those that can't afford to buy them.

Regards,

twyggers

Speaking as a Brit now living in the USA and assumimg $2 to the Brit Pound, one prescription item would cost about $13. That's per item not how many of each item. So a month's worth of Insulin, an antibiotic and another drug would total $39.

The National Health Service is not actually free, you pay a percentage of income with a top capping amount, but since it's taken out before tax and before you have the money in your hands, you don't miss it!

JJM335
Speaking as a Brit now living in the USA and assumimg $2 to the Brit Pound, one prescription item would cost about $13. That's per item not how many of each item. So a month's worth of Insulin, an antibiotic and another drug would total $39.

Not true! If you are insulin dependent you are exempt from prescription charges - all prescription items are free. So not only do I pay nothing for insulin, test strips, pen needles etc., but also any antiobiotics that I might need, even if the problem is not D-related.

If you are approved for a pump therapy - difficult in the past in the UK, but the rules are being relaxed - the pump and infusion sets etc. are also free.

Joel

terryok123

I recieved my membership card which gives me a discount on strips.. $50 a month.. KEEP in mind you need insurance to take advantage of this program.... not fair in my view..they need this program more than us folks with insurance. I received the card and to call 1-866-246-2683 for co-pay assistance. in the big yellow box was a free FreeStyle Fredom Lite Meter, 10 strips, and the card for discounts... it took about Hmmmm 4 weeks to get the free offer..

it worked .. FYI,

did2007
I recieved my membership card which gives me a discount on strips.. $50 a month.. KEEP in mind you need insurance to take advantage of this program.... not fair in my view..they need this program more than us folks with insurance. I received the card and to call 1-866-246-2683 for co-pay assistance. in the big yellow box was a free FreeStyle Fredom Lite Meter, 10 strips, and the card for discounts... it took about Hmmmm 4 weeks to get the free offer..

it worked .. FYI,

I am enrolled in the program and don't have insurance. You have to talk to a representative about it, but you'll still pay $25 for a box of 50 and $50 for a box of 100. You can get co-pay assistance on the card too. It is a good program and will help out anybody who needs to save money on test strips.

BTW, Wal-Mart now has 100 of the old FreeStyle test strips for $59.00 (it might be a little less). Still the FS Lite strips are higher priced, but it's a good price to those people who don't get strips for half price. They might still have the old type FS meters around.

Aslosman

I had heard that this offer expired but then I ran accross this link, tried it, and a week later had my new Ultra Mini meter. Now Sprawlmart is selling the ultra mini for $15 so it is really not a super fantastic give away but I wanted a smaller meter and was sick of the Freestyle (I find having to use the side of the strip awkward)

One Touch and Freestyle strips both cost me the brand level copay or around $1 per strip if not insured.

https://www.onetouchgold.com/simplestart/

Over the past three years I have had 5 onetouch meters. Insurance covered the first one which was replaced a year later by onetouch due to a software upgrade issue. I bought a One Touch Ultra Smart kit (with 10 test strips) at Diabetic Wholesalers for $50 which came with a $50 rebate card. One Touch Gold then sent me an e-mail offer for a free Ultra Smart which I responded to. I came accross the above link about a month ago.

cyberus

Free meters are everywhere.

I've only been diagnosed 2 weeks and I have 2 meters already with 2 more being sent and a coupon for a third.

Problem is its not the meter(s) ... its the test strips. The reason I'm getting/accepting these free meters is to have wiggle room at the various free clinics ... have a selection of meters available to be able to use whatever they have on hand.

dougjgreen

I agree, free meters are everywhere - some are free up front, and some are free in that the entire purchase price is rebated back to you via an in-box coupon.

I had been using an Accu Chek Advantage for the past 5 years, which I've been planning to switch from due to the fact that it requires a bigger blood sample than I can comfortably and consistently give without heavy "milking" of the lancet prick.

In the past year, I've picked up freebies of each of the following glucometers, One of which will become my main meter as soon as I use up my current batch of Accu Chek Comfort curve strips:

Accu Chek Aviva

OneTouch UltraMini

OneTouch Ultra2

Assenscia/Bayer Contour

Freestyle Freedom Lite

My criteria are simple: Cost of test strips to me, given my crappy insurance (50 strips a month for a $30 copay - which is worse than I can get strips for on ebay without my insurance), and ease of use.

I have already decided that I find the OneTouch meters cumbersome to use, so they won't make the cut.

In addition, it looks to me that the Bayer Contour strips can be gotten on ebay for around $14-15 per 50, while the AccuChek Aviva strips typically go for $18-20 per 50, and the others between $20-25 per 50.

At this stage, I haven't tried the Freestyle Freedom Lite yet, and the Bayer Contour and AccuChek Aviva are the easiest to use, with the Aviva having a very slight advantage - but the Contour seems to have a significant edge in terms of cost of fresh strips on ebay, at around $14/50.

dougjgreen

BTW, right now, you can get at Rite-Aid pharmacies, an Accu Chek Aviva or Compact Plus for $9.99 + tax, and get the $9.99 back from a manufacturer's rebate.

Pretty much every week, you can get a deal like this at either CVS or Rite-Aid or Costco, and I would be surprised if Walgreens and other major chains didn't run similar promos.

Last week, they were running deals on the Bayer Contour for $14.99 with the $14.99 rebated back.

The week before, it was OneTouch UltraMini, before that, it was Freestyle Freedom Lite, etc.

And I know for a fact that one can currently get free meters in the mail from OneTouch and Freestyle,

and with a prescription, you can get a free Bayer Contour from your pharmacy using a coupon on the Bayer Contour website.

The fact is, there is no reason to have to pay for a Glucometer nowadays, other than fronting some cash which you can easily get rebated back to you.

Ms.PacMan
Go to the following URL and answer survey for a free One Touch Ultra or Mini (your choice)...

https://www.onetouchgold.com/simplestart/

I did it and it works, got a free meter within 4-6 weeks.

But do they have to get a prescription from your doctor for you to qualify for it?

I go to an overcrowded, underfunded public clinic and they are so slow to churn out paperwork that almost a week later Liberty mail order diabetic supply company is STILL waiting on the prescription that will allow them to send me the supplies that Medicare authorizes.

Meantime, I'm just about out of my original 10 test strips, and they gave me an odd ball variety of meter that I cannot buy test strips for anywhere within an hour of my home.

I need a meter that I can buy test strips for close to home.

patricia52

You could try Walmart. Or check your local pharmacy. Ask them what is the cheapest meter and strips you can buy. Many of us have to suppliment what we get throught our insurance company.

terryok123

My brother sent me this yesterday via email... because i have been using the software with him and my CDE. I don't use this meter but I am going to try it for free... you get some test strips to.

This good deal... LOL.. see below.

see instruction and URL below.. to this free deal..

the instructions are the website to get the meter:

Nova Maxª . Voucher for your Free Nova Max

the instructions to get the cable and software (they say value of $49..the cable is at least $30 dollars if you can't find it for free..):

Nova Max™ . MyCareTeam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.