Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kim_in_TN

"Good As New" ... FINALLY!

Kim_in_TN

Well, today was my last day of physical therapy for my ankles! I celebrated by returning to my 2 mile walk on the Greenway! I had no pain at all! It was about 90 degrees out though ... quite a bit "warmer" than 9 weeks ago!:eek: I feel so good about getting back to my 'ole self again! Just had to share my excitement!

Now... please pray that I have no more accidents!:D

princesslinda

Glad you're up and about again, I know its been hard for you being restricted. You're brave getting out in this TN heat and humidity!

Kim_in_TN
Glad you're up and about again, I know its been hard for you being restricted. You're brave getting out in this TN heat and humidity!

Thank you! Our Greenway has quite a bit of shade along the way ... just a few stretches in full sun. Those are hot though while you're in them! I carried a bottle of water with me ... of course it was close to boiling by the end of my walk!:T

adiantum

That's awesome news Kim. I'm really pleased your back in good condition once more & we all hope you stay that way too :D

Try walking at dawn when your day is predicted to get up near the 100F. It's a lovely time of the day to walk anytime of the year

Janlaton

Good News Keep up the exercise but do take it easy on the ankles. Don't want to undo what you did in therapy! Try walk awhile stop, smell the roses then walk some more.:)

Kim_in_TN
That's awesome news Kim. I'm really pleased your back in good condition once more & we all hope you stay that way too :D

Try walking at dawn when your day is predicted to get up near the 100F. It's a lovely time of the day to walk anytime of the year

You mean, there's a dawn here?:eek: Did I ever mention that I am not typically a "morning person"? LOL!

Google up some exercises for those weak ankles Kim!

My therapist gave me the next advanced therapy band to bring home and continue my stretches with! I do intend to keep them up as I can't afford another mishap with my weakles as the PT called them!:D

Good News Keep up the exercise but do take it easy on the ankles. Don't want to undo what you did in therapy! Try walk awhile stop, smell the roses then walk some more.:)

I do allow myself to stop now and then and look at things along the path. Today the prettiest lizard ran right in front of me so I stopped to watch it as it disappeared under the brush!

Woo Hoo! That's really great news, I so happy for you. Now take it easy and stay away from cats!

LOL! Well, stray ones for sure! Funny though, it's made me a bit jumpy with my own now a bit. You've heard the term "snake bit" well I am "cat bit"!;)

Jan B

Wow Kim,

You are doing great with your weight loss! I promised my dog I would walk him in the morning before I have to leave at 7am. I need to turn back into a morning person to avoid the heat! Most of our days are going to be right next to, if not over 100 . . .

But be careful if you get out early -- you might fall asleep and hurt yourself! Ok, I'm not funny; just wish I was!

I'm very happy you are feeling much better!

Kim_in_TN
Wow Kim,

You are doing great with your weight loss! I promised my dog I would walk him in the morning before I have to leave at 7am. I need to turn back into a morning person to avoid the heat! Most of our days are going to be right next to, if not over 100 . . .

But be careful if you get out early -- you might fall asleep and hurt yourself! Ok, I'm not funny; just wish I was!

I'm very happy you are feeling much better!

I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar and sig pic! Don't jinx me, now Jan!;)

Jan B
I almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar and sig pic! Don't jinx me, now Jan!;)

I want only the BEST for you Kim! You will be FINE!

I've always adored wild cat cubs (avatar). In my dreams I'd have one that would never grow big enough to hurt me! I'm NOT jinxing you!

Scrabblechick

Good for you, Kim! Great news! I walk late, after the sun goes down. Yes, that large bathtub 360 miles south of here known as the Gulf of Mexico does make things difficult in the summer time.

I was in Breckenridge, Colo. last August during some of the hottest days we had here and it was divine. Their high today was 72. Bliss.

Kim_in_TN
Good for you, Kim! Great news! I walk late, after the sun goes down. Yes, that large bathtub 360 miles south of here known as the Gulf of Mexico does make things difficult in the summer time.

I was in Breckenridge, Colo. last August during some of the hottest days we had here and it was divine. Their high today was 72. Bliss.

Thank you! My youngest daughter hopes to one day move to Colorado .... maybe I'll go with her!;)

natayo

Kim, Dahlin!

Thanks for the update. Was wondering what was going on. We've been blessed with temps in low '80s and low humidity for the last couple of days, so I've been riding my bike a lot. Maybe all of us T2s should go to Minneapolis or Madison in the summer and to Florida in the winter ...... medical necessity!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.