Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katrina Stovold

Type 1 Diabetes And Breast Implants

Katrina Stovold

Yes! this site is better than a visit to the docs!!! not that I replace this info for a medical opinion! Maybe just sometimes! he he....Love sharing info with other pregnant type 1's that have experienced things first hand and I love helping others where I can too. x

Diabetesisnotme

I am planning on having implants done in a couple of months. I am looking for any points and or tips for the day of the procedure. I have a Dexcom as well as a pump. Thanks for all of the helpful information so far.

Bountyman
Hidden

No disrespect meant... but if I was going to have an implant it would be a pancreas, not a set of party balloons. As an analogy... that's like painting a 1972 Ford Pinto candy apple red.

Katrina Stovold

HI!! Im back after dissapearing for 11 months!! Ive been busy looking after my boy who is almost 1 year old!! I am pregnant again, (2 months), sooo much more relaxed this time around. Boobs...........look a bit different now after 10 months of breastfeeding with the implants. Still look great but side on you can see the implant, not that anyone can notice except me. The skin around the nipple has stretched so boobs look much better and natural. Still plan to breastfeed this second baby for up to 1 year!!

Points and tips for the day of the procedure?.................keep sugars under control, that is all. Take valium the night before incase you are nervous and valium in the morning. Ask doc for prescription. Because you are type 1 diabetic you will be first on the list because most likely you would have been fasting the night before and they dont want sugars to go low because then you would have to eat!! very easy procedure...nurses will monitor sugars on recovery. I remember I got in trouble by one of the nurses for giving myself too much insulin while I was recovering, I was so worried about sugars going high after the operation (as they will) thatI injected too much insulin. I confessed to nurse and she locked my insulin away!! x

csferrell3

hey so I really want to get my boobs done but dont really Know what to ask the doctor when it comes to my diabetes I have had diabetes for 15 years and I am on the insulin pump. I am also afraid that they are going to turn me down just for having diabetes. Do you have any advice?

FullC

I am type 1 as well...and i feel that the dr. i choose will turn me away because of my diabetes :/ Very stressed out with this!!??

petev
Hidden

read above threads, sounds pretty good, although I am a man, and have no idea... my wife has implants, it was an easy procedure...

Pete

petev
Hidden

and I apologize for my post.. I see now it is in the pregnancy part of the forum, there are no rules here, and I should not be here!

Pete

Livinlarge

I am T1 since age 32. I am 35 now and have scheduled (after much personal debate) breast augmentation for 8/10. I am freaking out - scared I am taking an optional risk to my overall health (almost feel selfish) but they've bothered me for years and if I could be guaranteed a good outcome I wouldn't be so nervous. On Medtronic Pump and Dexcom CGM. Focused on good control, A1C fluctuates between 6.9-7.1%. much better control with Dexcom. Any other stories from T1s with augmentation dos/dont's welcome. No more children in my future - looking for 10-15 years of fun with them and then probably take them out.

Livinlarge

Ok, went through with it- they look fabulous, sugar running slightly higher than usual but not too bad. Pain isn't bad, would have done this 5 years ago had I known how much I would like them and how good I would feel physically.

BiancaL

Hi i am a type 1 diabetic and i have been considering getting breast enhancement for over 5 years. i have been doing research on the procedure and effects of having it done as a diabetic. I came across this thread and wanted to see if any other diabetics have gone through the procedure since, also how Katrina recovered and how they are now 4 years later. I am really wanting to go through with it- but at the same time extremly scared!

Thanks

Bianca

gina19

@BiancaL

I've been a type 1 for 23years and after 10 years of thinking about getting breast enhancement I'm finally doing it in 2 weeks! I'm excited and anxious, I'll let you know how everything goes and any complications that come up (hopefully none!) the biggest thing my doctors wanted me to do was get my A1C under control. I’m around 7 now and they were happy with that and so am I

@Katrina

Thank you for starting this thread and keeping it updated...it really helps :)

Harold

:topic:

Your post went to moderation because you used the @ symbol. This was due to the requirement that users have 15 posts before being allowed to post links. It's a pain but it does help to keep the spam down.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.