Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbarac

thyroid medications

jhofmann44

I also take a multivitamin which is the equivalent of Centrum. I noticed on the label there is an ingredient called Chromium. I don't recall the exact wording but it seems to suggest Chromium may cause problems with insulin if you are diabetic. Whether it is in reference to those who are insulin dependent or to those who take pills I don't know. Either way it seems to me diabetics should probably stay away from anything that contains Chromium. My Dr. told me I don't need vitamins because I'm not lacking in nutrients. I am a type 2 and take 2.5mg of glyburide 2 times a day. Should I stop taking the multivitamin because it contains Chromium?

jspirit

Chromium: that's really weird because I was told that chromium will help with diabetes. I take a tablet everyday. Anybody know if it is good or bad for us with type 1?

jhofmann44

Is there any correlation between what is the best time for checking your BG level. I have noticed a fairly high reading 2 hours after a meal when I check it after having my meal late at night as opposed to earlier such as 6 or 7 at night. When I've had my meal around 9 or 10 at night and taken a reading 2 hours after my reading is rather high. A 201 once with others between 160 and 180. When my meal was earlier my readings have been between 80 and 110 with my lowest being 67. My highest reading when I first woke up in the morning was 183 and my lowest at 84. These are my readings for the last month which was when I was 1st diagnosed with diabetes. I am still in the adjustment stage. When I go back to my Dr. in a couple days I'll see if she wants to adjust my medication. I am presently taking 2.5mg of glyburide 2 times a day. I take one in the morning right after I check my BG level and another when I have my last meal. My Dr. did specify that if my BG level is 60 or less in the morning to not take my medication at that time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.