Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ7

Anyone taking Cinnamon?

may

Cinnamon did nothing for lowering my blood sugars.

I gave it a good try.

It was hard for me to find enough ways to even take it.

Stopped it.

Spiritspeaker

I said in a previous post, so forgive me for repeating myself....I started taking cinnamon caps (6/day) on december 1. Since that time, my fasting BGL have been in the 90's! Before that they were consistently in the 150-180 range. I am type II, on max dose of Glipizide and Avandia. These were failing me. The eye doc said I was leaking in one eye and had better go on insulin. I got GTF chromium and the BGL was around 140. Added Cinnamon and well, you see, it is very low now. I tried eating cinnamon...didn't work worth %^$&. Maybe it is old cinnamon, or not the most potent. Then got a referral from another forum about Wonderlabs.com being a good reliable company. Then saw a flyer put together by my pharmacy that mentioned Cinnamon being a natural BGL reduction product. The cost is $15/month. Well worth not having to capsule it myself (wonderlabs also offers bulk cinnamon and veg caps). And it has worked. Nuff said. Except for "Yay!"

Peace, Light and Love

Larry Spiritspeaker

mg_2204

... I just have one hesitation here : if cinnamon was that wonderful to lower blood glucose, woudn't doctors recommend & prescribe it in the first place?

Spiritspeaker

Would Medical Dieties (MDs) prescribe cinnamon just because it was effective in reducing blood sugar levels? Nope. After all, where would the profit be for them? The sad fact is that they are, you know, not trained to be healers in med school. They are taught how to make a profitable living from the practice of medicine ... and how to make profitable investments. That's one reason why, for instance, in a normal four-year pre-med curriculum, there is usually less than one semester dealing with the relationship between diet and dietary supplements and health and disease. Oh, well.

may

Amen to that!

I left my endo and dieabetic educator after several years...it was just always more meds, then more meds and another med etc.

I started going to just an MD, that was somewhat better.

Now, I go to my local DO, and believe it or not he thinks supplements are great, and also a lower carb diet. We are in agreement.

Another is cost for me.

I am private pay. My DO charges 38.00 a visit + testing.

The endo charged 250.00 + testing.

I think the most important item for "me" is to be the engineer of my own train!

And, my Dr. is in agreement with that!

And, my dear hubby and family is in agreement with that!

I actually think supplements as cinnamon, ALA, zinc or other things are just like the prescribed meds........some work for some people and some they don't. Keep searching for what gives "you" the best test results then evaluate! Best wishes in your searching!!

Mongo

I add a couple sprinkles to my cereal in the morning. I usually eat a bowl of bran flakes and put some equal and cinnamon along with half a banana on top and the cinnamon actually enhances the flavor. Kind of like the old sugar and cinnamon and butter on top of toast from days long...long...ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.