Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronin

Addicted to exercise?

Ronin

Hi Everyone:

There is an article in the latest issue of Bicycling Magazine which raises the question of addiction to bicycling. I'll admit that I'm addicted to bicycling and that got me to thinking how many others are addicted to whatever you do for exercise.

FWIW: It's been rainy the past three days and I haven't been out on our tandem or my single bike and I'm getting really bothered. Yeah, it's bicycle withdrawl big time.

sugardumplin

I am addicted to running. I get jealous when I see other people out running, because my running time is very limited with 3 kids that have their own sports. Buy yeah, it becomes a part of the daily routine and it is missed deeply when there isnt time to do it.

Gordonm

Yes. I am.

I considered riding in the rain today. I will definitly ride tomorrow regardless of weather. I rode on Thursday but I am itching to get back out.

It really helps my BS if I excercise. If I miss more than a couple of days mu basal and bolus will need to be increased.

GeishaGirl

I miss my ability to go out and rollerblade. But I'm at work the only sunny hours of the day, so I can't go again til spring :(

I'm trying to make myself use the treadmill at my complex, but its BORING.

notme

I love rollerblading also Geisha. I definitely am addicted to any type of exercise. I don't feel good in the daytime unless I get some type of exercise.

amccrazgrl

If you would of told me a few years ago I'd join Curves and actually like to workout I'd say your crazy.

I never like to excersie until Curves. It was fun to workout with my mom and aunt (who now works there).

Come Jan will be 3 yrs and right now I'm at 684 ish workouts meaning I come at least 5 days a week.

Even though I'm ~5lbs more than I started I feel more musclar and glad to being doing something healthy for my body. I think some of the ladies even might look at me as a role model. :D

The new CurvesSmart computer workout is excellent!!

trailrunner

I am very addicted to running. Exersize stimulates the dopamine receptors in the brain, which are our pleasure receptors. I did A LOT of drugs in college and while running is not quite as fun as coke, it sure makes me feel good, and my nose doesn't bleed as often. I am just as thin too. HE,HE,HE....MMM... college , good times......:D

Ronin

Trailrunner, et al.,

Ah, if we could only let the world know that exercise provides a legal high. But then somebody would make it illegal.

type2rider

I'm a huge cyclist myself. Riding is my passion, pain is my addiction. I just did a 140 mile road ride with 15,000 feet of climbing. Some say I am crazy but it keeps me going. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.