Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KCP

BLood sugar and Ovulation

KCP

Im not sure if anyone here can help me, but i just wodnered if anyone had an idea of what their blood sugars do after ovulation?

Its just that my blood sugars have been running quite low the last few days and i suspect the ovulation may be the cause.

genie86333

Hi. That's a good question. I haven't noticed a pattern relating to ovulation, but I haven't really been paying attention to that either. Best thing would be to see if it's a pattern every month, then you'll know for sure.

mazea

Women get LH surges just before they ovulate. I noticed my blood sugar level goes up 5 points when I have an LH surge so I take 2 1 1/2 units of novorapid at this time and it covers the spike in blood sugar.

slgraham

I'm just starting to chart BBT this cycle so I will let you know how it turns out. I'm sure there's a correlation there somewhere!

RobiJo
Im not sure if anyone here can help me, but i just wodnered if anyone had an idea of what their blood sugars do after ovulation?

Its just that my blood sugars have been running quite low the last few days and i suspect the ovulation may be the cause.

I suspect the same thing.... days 9 and 10 of my cycle are ALWAYS low, to the point that I barely use any bolus insulin. It's like I'm cured for the day when it comes to food.

KCP

ah wonderful :)

Honestly, i thought i was going nutty. I dont normally ovulate you see, but i nocted some wacky things going on with my BS's..

mazea

My BG was 11.9 when I woke up, double what it should be. Because it was LH surge 14 day.

My BG level would have been 15 only I had 1 unit of novorapid last night when my BG started to nice at 10 o' clock. But I thought being on the pill I wouldn't have the surge so I didn't pay any attention to it. Usually I notice the BG start rising and I take a 1 1/2 unit pre-emptive novorapid shot.

Grr.

I'm doing the best I can though and took some novorapid. Blood glucose levels are dropping.

Meghann0409

I too notice a spike around ovulation, today I was at 150% my usual basal to counteract. The last 3 days I have been 130+ and now will be sure to be charting more regularly on my cycle to better guestimate when this will occur.

Quite fascinating - can't wait to add the CGMS to aid in this...

KCP

Hi again :) Well, this time I know for sure I ovulated a 5 days ago and my sensitivity has been through the roof! I have been going hypo for no particular reason and then the reactionary high is horrific :( NOT COOL!

shug in boots

Hi,

I'm glad to see that so many of you have noticed a change mid-cycle! Most people that I've talked to don't seem to be affected. However, I'm not having lows ... my blood sugars are near perfection days 1 - day 9, 10, 11, or 12 (fluctuates a little each month) ... then, once I hit day 9, 10, 11, or 12, it spikes majorly, and all of a sudden - to the point where a basal increase of 165%+ is needed for about 3 days. Then, it goes back to being fine until my period. Then, about 3-5 days before my period it spikes again for a day or two. So frustrating ... and although the spikes are "near" ovulation and period, they are never on the exact same cycle days each month, so I never fully see it coming.

Kathryn10

My blood sugars typically run low when I have my period. I don't chart or count the days of my cycle, etc., but I thought it was strange that most people who talk about this say their bgs are higher during that time of the month whereas I'm running lower. I thought it had to do with the birth control I was using.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.