Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keezheekoni

Anyone interested in seeing the blob?

Keezheekoni

I have had two ultrasounds thus far, due to being labeled "high risk" because of my age (35)... Stupid doctors. :T

Anyhow, I had Troy put the pics up on our gallery here.

The first two were done on 11/14, the baby was measuring 8w0d, while by date I was 8w5d. The last three were done on 11/20, baby measuring 8w4-6d, while by date I was 9w4d. This doesn't bother me too much, most of my kids have measured behind according to ultrasound...I know that u/s can be off by +/-7d.

I don't have another appointment until next week and I don't think I'll be having another u/s until around 20 weeks.

enigmalady777

I can clearly see a baby there! Okay, so it's a bit of a "blob", but it's a baby!!!

Congrats to you and your family!

Don't you hate when the medical community sticks you into a box??? My second pregnancy was also considered "high risk" because I developed Gestational Diabetes and hypertension. I was only 29 at the time. My doctor was wonderful, though, very forward thinking and that was terrific.

Penny

Will wonders never cease! :) How wonderful that you young people can watch your babies grow even before they are born. How wonderful that you are sharing it with us Rikki. I am going to send a new blessing to this child everyday, because she/he has a special mother. :)

Keezheekoni

Thank you so much, Penny. :) I'm still a little shocked that I'm pregnant...the last baby I had is now 5 years-old. I honestly thought that we were done (not that we were doing anything to prevent having any more kids... :) ). I figured that since I hadn't conceived in the last 5 years that either I was out of eggs, or Troy had gotten a secret vasectomy! :rofl:

Thanks for the comment, Keith. :)

As for the high risk label. I'm sick of it already. I actually feel better this pregnancy than in any of the others. I've only had one real bout of morning sickness (and that was after dinner one night), and I'm not having any other symptoms other than getting extremely tired easily. My OB is being a worry wart, but I'm not going to let her get to me. We're planning on having a home birth, so we're not telling her that. :T I'll let her run her tests and if anything comes up that is a concern, we'll change plans...but until then, I'm getting my home birth thank you very much! :D

Psycho Penguin

I've always wanted to see that movie, but I would have to netflix it. Are we talking about the original or the remake here? I guess I could find a torrent, if my download limit lets me..

hodgsonsurvivor

Congratulations!!!

I've always wanted to see that movie, but I would have to netflix it. Are we talking about the original or the remake here? I guess I could find a torrent, if my download limit lets me..

Please tell us you were joking! LOL :rofl:

andypoo

That is the cutest,most precious little blob I've ever seen!LOL! Thanks so much for letting us witness this miracle. It also gives hope for those girls out there who are a little "older" and have the big "D". My daughter has pre-"D" and is going to be 31 and is still trying for her first little miracle. I'm praying for her and her husband,for whatever God has planned for her.

mzteacher

rikki...this is soooo exciting!!! i hope you enjoy every day of this special time helping God create a miracle!!!! looks like you have so very much to be thankful for this year : )

susan

carolyn

Oh Rikki, that really is amazing. It must be really nice to folow pics of baby from blob to birth. What a lovely blob you have. Many congratulations.

soso

That blob looks as if it was laughing! and did I see a little hand waving....?

You make a good blob Rikki... not everyone can say that... Congrats!

Can't wait to see the next installment...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.