Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danheys

Adventure Racing

danheys

Hey everyone just wondering if there are any type 1's out there who either compete in adventure racing or would be interested in competing in adventure racing? I would love to chat with anyone interested in this type of activity as I would love to be able to organise a team to compete internationally made up of only type 1 athletes. Some of you may have heard of team type 1 which is a team of professional cyclists that compete in some of the biggest cycling events in the world and raise awareness and money for diabetes at the same time. I really think something similar could be organised for an adventure racing team. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any comment or interest what so ever :)

A_Darling

I'd be interested, but I know how much running those races have in them. I'm not a fan of running, that's why I ride a bike. Cool idea though, and great tool for raising awareness.

Ronli

Hi danheys.. Sounds great! Unfortunately I don't have the resources to jet around the country and compete..yet. But will love to chat about Adventure Racing. I just recently started running and love it and would LOVE to do adventure racing, don't know that much about it though and trying to figure out sugar levels and running. I'm looking for a group of runners on the forum who chat. I live in a small town so I only know of one diabetic runner but I havn't had the chance to talk to him. Also going to join a running club next month so that should help with knowledge of races and adventure etc. But do need a diabetic who runs and gyms to chat too?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.